• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/30 GDT: A's @ Zito's

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved from the Bay Area to Pasadena in 1985, and was there for 28 years. Now living in NorCal. (Grew up in MN, and remain a huge Twins fan, and even a Stars fan. Burned bridges a long time ago with the Purple People Eaters.)

I could have switched, but felt compelled not to. My son loves the Dodgers, the Clippers, the Kings, and UCLA. I suppose it could have been worse. He could have gone to the University of Spoiled Children.

We are more similar than not it seems.

And, LOVE the USC putdown ( even though I always wanted to go there nyself. Too bad I lack ths sports skills or $$ ).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a long convo about teams moving here a year or two back. It was a very interesting exercise.

The question was posed that since we are all sick-crazy Giants fans, would we still be fans if the Giants were to move (like they almost did in '93)? A number of us are not in the BA anymore, but are still Giants fans (I live in San Diego, for example).

I found it interesting that I could not answer the question easily. They are no longer the local team for me, yet I am not sure I would remain a fan of the Tampa Bay Giants.

You are taking me back to my bsaeball card days with this. I remember that were at least 2 times that the Giants may have left.

As for fandom, both you and I can look at our oldest fans for info and insight there, as many folks left both of our camps when the teams moved to CA.

I think people now are a bit more used to it, so I think it may now be an easier pill to swallow.

Without getting too deep on this, I think how one reacts when presented with a quandry like this says a lot about them as a person.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice unproductive out there...

Ok, obviously I am a little delayed...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think of the often discussed idea among the sabermetric set that you should use your best reliever not always at the end of the game but in the highest leverage situations? should bochy have put Romo in with 2 on one out in the 7th?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figuratively go insane every time someone misuses the word "literally".

I see this on a T-shirt on a girl in an add everytime I go to the Rotoworld website. I think I remember this so well as she has a fantastic rack.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are taking me back to my bsaeball card days with this. I remember that were at least 2 times that the Giants may have left.

As for fandom, both you and I can look at our oldest fans for info and insight there, as many folks left both of our camps when the teams moved to CA.

I think people now are a bit more used to it, so I think it may now be an easier pill to swallow.

Without getting too deep on this, I think how one reacts when presented with a quandry like this says a lot about them as a person.

I agree. That was why I found it so interesting. I think my love of the Giants, ultimately is a sense of home-sickness mixed in with my love of the game as well as my hatred of the As because of what happened '88-'90.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think of the often discussed idea among the sabermetric set that you should use your best reliever not always at the end of the game but in the highest leverage situations? should bochy have put Romo in with 2 on one out in the 7th?

No, but not for any anti-metrics reason. I think Romo is only the best reliever with no one on. It doesn't change his delivery much, but I think it changes what he feels comfortable throwing in certain counts.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This refreshing of the yahoo box score is not doing it for me...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I would not be fully sold on it, at least not until someone can come up with something concrete as to why some guys thrive in the closer role, while other guys wilt.

That said, this uses to work just fine. But then again, guys like Rollie Fingers and Goose Gossage would come in for 3 inning, not 3 out saves, all the time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this on a T-shirt on a girl in an add everytime I go to the Rotoworld website. I think I remember this so well as she has a fantastic rack.

I think I saw it on a shirt or a bumper sticker, or some such object. Doesn't make it any less true.