• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/30 GDT: A's @ Zito's

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen this in a while.

KLqOffS.gif

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billingsley is nothing more than an over hyped failed prospect as far as I am concerned. I would love to see him gone. Him and Ethier both.

Wow. This has to be up there with one of the worst posts of another teams player EVER.

Dude has almost 200 career starts in the Show with an ERA about 3.60..."failed prospect?"

Exaggerate much?

And BTW, we'll take Ethier if you're getting rid of him. Throw in a Torres or a Blanco at no extra charge.

Sheesh...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is truly a hit and or miss experience thing. And, it depends on how the visiting fan acts and reacts. I know I do not intend to start any trouble when I go to A T & T. That said, I always wear my Dodger gear, even if the Giants are playing someone else.

I have had great times and conversations with many Giants fans. And, on other times, I have had beer and batteries thrown at me.

I just know that I have never seen anything happen to my Giant fan friends when we have gone south for games.

But, like I said, it is hit and miss.

I won't go to Chavez any more, and I've been to probably 50 games there in my life. It's just too dangerous for Giant fans now. It's the latino gang factor that has changed the place, I think it started when Duh Wayduhs moved to LA.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't go to Chavez any more, and I've been to probably 50 games there in my life. It's just too dangerous for Giant fans now. It's the latino gang factor that has changed the place, I think it started when Duh Wayduhs moved to LA.

Agreed. In my 28 years in LA, I went to a couple hundred games at Chavez Ravine, mostly Giants games, and whatever my son wanted to see (from the all you can eat pavilion).

In 1985, I could wear my Giants' hat and shirt, and get razzed, but all in good fun mostly. By 1990, I could no longer wear anything Giants. From physical altercations, to "spilled" beer on me, it was not a safe place to ID as a Giants fan.

It is a beautiful setting, really. But the stadium is showing its age, lots of cracks in the concrete. But some of the Dodger fans are really a danger to baseball, though most were nice enough.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the G's avoiding the sweep

OT, but costco has sports prints matted and framed for very reasonable prices. I got a couple for my birthday recently (16x20) and they look great. I got the Fat Ass first inning WS homer and the MVP 2 run homer follow thru both on this page: Select Sports Image

The link no worky. click on baseball>2012WS

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From anyone BUT him, sure. I don't like to see too much emotion from Andy, though.

Yeah. He definitely gets caught up in it. However, an emphatic bat-bust seems more final than a hanging head or manic eye-level swing. I think it's the first step to him righting the ship (for a spell), and just in time for Pagan to come back. ;)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. In my 28 years in LA, I went to a couple hundred games at Chavez Ravine, mostly Giants games, and whatever my son wanted to see (from the all you can eat pavilion).

In 1985, I could wear my Giants' hat and shirt, and get razzed, but all in good fun mostly. By 1990, I could no longer wear anything Giants. From physical altercations, to "spilled" beer on me, it was not a safe place to ID as a Giants fan.

It is a beautiful setting, really. But the stadium is showing its age, lots of cracks in the concrete. But some of the Dodger fans are really a danger to baseball, though most were nice enough.

My dad took my sister and I to Chavez Ravine for that final series in '93 (sorry to bring it up), and everyone was cordial. Of course, they did end up ruining the Giants' season, but they didn't know that after Game 1.

Also, my sister and I were pretty young, and we never sat in the bleachers. The last game we had seats in the right field corner on the other side of the bullpen, though. Those were great sets to see a game.

I'll never forget how clean everything seemed. The concrete was polished (to this point I had only seen professional baseball at The Stick). If I were a little bit younger, I probably would've asked my dad where the swirling outfield garbage was.

I didn't go to a game there again until 1999. I went with a bunch of Dodgers' fans to a game against the Mets, and my friends told me to leave my Giants' hat. I thought they were crazy, but I did it, anyway. I quietly rooted for the Mets and enjoyed the game. I haven't been back since. I'm assuming the new ownership will sink a ton of money into something that I would like to visit, though.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I went to my first game at Dodger Stadium a few weeks ago and saw Kershaw pitch a gem against the Nationals. The crowd was pretty chill. But that couod because there were barely any nationals fans there. I really liked the retro look/design of the stadium. They made some renovations, so it should hold up for awhile.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This has to be up there with one of the worst posts of another teams player EVER.

Dude has almost 200 career starts in the Show with an ERA about 3.60..."failed prospect?"

Exaggerate much?

And BTW, we'll take Ethier if you're getting rid of him. Throw in a Torres or a Blanco at no extra charge.

Sheesh...

What can I say. Playing as much fantasy ball as I do tends to raise your expectations on output from guys. To give some perspective, IMO, Billingsley was supposed to be "Kershaw good", or that was how he was hyped. As he failed to reach such heights, to me, that is a fail. And, for Ethier, where is the grit? Where is the speed? As an OF, if you are going to give a line like .280/20/80, then you better also have 20 stolen bags.

Him. None would be my guess.

Just spoiled I guess.