• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/30 GDT: A's @ Zito's

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Laker fan in name only. Meaning, I don't root for anyone else. However, I left basketball behind right around when Magic retired. I am not much for football either anymore, as I am pretty much dedicated to all things baseball 24/7/365.

Over on CBS, I put myself out as a baseball expert, and, as such, I try to stay very informed, as I did so NOT to brag, but to really try to help people with their baseball questions, fantasy teams, and the lot. I need the 3 months that is the baseball season to let my pea brain rest after a long baseball season.

Huh? :noidea:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone say Warriors?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Laker fan in name only. Meaning, I don't root for anyone else. However, I left basketball behind right around when Magic retired. I am not much for football either anymore, as I am pretty much dedicated to all things baseball 24/7/365.

Over on CBS, I put myself out as a baseball expert, and, as such, I try to stay very informed, as I did so NOT to brag, but to really try to help people with their baseball questions, fantasy teams, and the lot. I need the 3 months that is the baseball season to let my pea brain rest after a long baseball season.

I respect the regional loyalty and enjoy your input.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone say Warriors?

Hahahaha. I'm convinced there is a synergy within my favorite Bay Area teams. The Niners lose the Super Bowl, and the Warriors and Sharks slump. The Dubs and Sharks get bounced, and the Giants skid. Talk about the woes, and the Giants score four runs. :)

EDIT: Lest we forget the Niners run to the Super Bowl occurring after a Giants' World Series Championship!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DOH!!!

I screwed up. Again.

Meant to say I need the 3 month baseball OFFSEASON off.

That is what I get when trying to post, and manage my fantasy teams at the same time.

BTW: Why could it not have been Posey to get one of those r.b.i hits? Is that asking too much?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the regional loyalty and enjoy your input.

Picked my teams as a young boy growing up in So Cal, and never faulted, even after moving to San Jose in 1985. It would have been very easy to switch "to the dark side" but the thought never really occured to me. I say that, as a good fan never leaves his team, even when ( the Rams ), the team leaves you.

Just how I roll.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOH!!!

I screwed up. Again.

Meant to say I need the 3 month baseball OFFSEASON off.

That is what I get when trying to post, and manage my fantasy teams at the same time.

BTW: Why could it not have been Posey to get one of those r.b.i hits? Is that asking too much?

Posey has been non-existent versus the A's this year. :tsk:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked my teams as a young boy growing up in So Cal, and never faulted, even after moving to San Jose in 1985. It would have been very easy to switch "to the dark side" but the thought never really occured to me. I say that, as a good fan never leaves his team, even when ( the Rams ), the team leaves you.

Just how I roll.

I moved from the Bay Area to Pasadena in 1985, and was there for 28 years. Now living in NorCal. (Grew up in MN, and remain a huge Twins fan, and even a Stars fan. Burned bridges a long time ago with the Purple People Eaters.)

I could have switched, but felt compelled not to. My son loves the Dodgers, the Clippers, the Kings, and UCLA. I suppose it could have been worse. He could have gone to the University of Spoiled Children.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey has been non-existent versus the A's this year. :tsk:

At least I have Coco on a team, so he is helping. Hell though, with 5 teams, I pretty much have everybody somwhere.

In case you do not play, I will say, that fantasy ball really screws with your fandom. It is at its funniest for me when my wife gets on me for rooting against the Dodgers in the middle of a game.

"But honey, I need a homer or steal from this guy, to help MY team".

Good times. For me, over 20 years of good times.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In section 126...if Kuntos shits the bed again I may storm the field...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just how I roll.

We had a long convo about teams moving here a year or two back. It was a very interesting exercise.

The question was posed that since we are all sick-crazy Giants fans, would we still be fans if the Giants were to move (like they almost did in '93)? A number of us are not in the BA anymore, but are still Giants fans (I live in San Diego, for example).

I found it interesting that I could not answer the question easily. They are no longer the local team for me, yet I am not sure I would remain a fan of the Tampa Bay Giants.