• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/30 GDT: A's @ Zito's

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get 5 innings of Zito. The BB's killed him but he managed to get some big double plays and K's. Bullpen the rest of the way is likely

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Good to have a knowledgeable "rival" around. I'm glad James McDonald came crashing down to Earth (though sorry it's likely due to injuries). I thought he was going to be better than Billingsley. That Dotel trade doesn't seem quite as bad now, but it was kind of a "playoffs or bad trade" scenario.

Billingsley is nothing more than an over hyped failed prospect as far as I am concerned. I would love to see him gone. Him and Ethier both.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billingsley is nothing more than an over hyped failed prospect as far as I am concerned. I would love to see him gone. Him and Ethier both.

I'd take Ethier. Though, not at his current contract. Plus, the Giants and Dodgers very rarely trade. I was hoping SF would sign him when he was a free agent, but it seems he got the money, and felt he didn't have to continue to develop. That could end up costing him another big pay day. What do you think of Klay Thompson, Andrew Bogut, Richard Jefferson and a 2014 first rounder for DH12? Possible? Would you hate it?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Ethier. Though, not at his current contract. Plus, the Giants and Dodgers very rarely trade. I was hoping SF would sign him when he was a free agent, but it seems he got the money, and felt he didn't have to continue to develop. That could end up costing him another big pay day. What do you think of Klay Thompson, Andrew Bogut, Richard Jefferson and a 2014 first rounder for DH12? Possible? Would you hate it?

I would be all over that if I were a Lakers fan but that's just me. DH may not even re-sign in LA but if he did, that would be a great deal for them

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good contact but Crisp reads it, reacts and his speed helps him get there

I wouldn't mind getting his type of production at the top of the order for $7 mil. That isn't a knock on Pagan. Crisp will likely go back to career norms, but this year, he is worth every penny and then some.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't do it. KT is on the rise. (I'd love to see him learn to drive and finish more.) Love to see Bogut healthy for a whole season. RJ- meh.

DH12 could be quite a player, and he is young, but after the year he had with the Fakers, (shudder). And at what price? Pass.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be all over that if I were a Lakers fan but that's just me. DH may not even re-sign in LA but if he did, that would be a great deal for them

It's the only way the Warriors could do it with their cap and tax situation. It wouldn't make sense to go into the penalty when they have $20 mil coming off the books in 2014. Sign and trade or no Dubs.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind getting his type of production at the top of the order for $7 mil. That isn't a knock on Pagan. Crisp will likely go back to career norms, but this year, he is worth every penny and then some.

yeah Crisp has been fun to watch this series. Wouldn't mind him at all in center

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only way the Warriors could do it with their cap and tax situation. It wouldn't make sense to go into the penalty when they have $20 mil coming off the books in 2014. Sign and trade or no Dubs.

Yeah I get that, I just think Warriors would be better off without that deal

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do it. KT is on the rise. (I'd love to see him learn to drive and finish more.) Love to see Bogut healthy for a whole season. RJ- meh.

DH12 could be quite a player, and he is young, but after the year he had with the Fakers, (shudder). And at what price? Pass.

I don't want to hi-jack the thread of such a good game, so I'll just invite you to the Warriors forum, when you get a chance. I agree that Klay's offensive game is evolving (and will continue to evolve) in very good ways. You have to give value to get value.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very fine game from Zito today. I will stop adding him to my fantasy team (s), as he only seems to suck when I do it.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Klay Thompson, Andrew Bogut, Richard Jefferson and a 2014 first rounder for DH12? Possible? Would you hate it?

I am a Laker fan in name only. Meaning, I don't root for anyone else. However, I left basketball behind right around when Magic retired. I am not much for football either anymore, as I am pretty much dedicated to all things baseball 24/7/365.

Over on CBS, I put myself out as a baseball expert, and, as such, I try to stay very informed, as I did so NOT to brag, but to really try to help people with their baseball questions, fantasy teams, and the lot. I need the 3 months that is the baseball season to let my pea brain rest after a long baseball season.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hi-jack the thread of such a good game, so I'll just invite you to the Warriors forum, when you get a chance. I agree that Klay's offensive game is evolving (and will continue to evolve) in very good ways. You have to give value to get value.

Thanks, I haven't made it over there. Is there good discussion?

I am not sold on DH12 as a difference maker. The season in LA was lost due to his recovery from back surgery (always scary for a big man), and from the total lack of chemistry and coaching changes and all the drama surrounding the Lakers and the high expectations.