• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Didn't Game Plan For Texans?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the concerns expressed are valid and I would be surprised if Harbaugh didn't share a similar sense of concern. There is a difference between failing to execute a game plan and failing to execute position and protection fundamentals against a four-man rush. We have a lot of work to do between now and Seattle or Clemons & Bryant will do to Staley, Davis and Smith what they did to them last year.

someone just repped you.... :behindsofa:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the concerns expressed are valid and I would be surprised if Harbaugh didn't share a similar sense of concern. There is a difference between failing to execute a game plan and failing to execute position and protection fundamentals against a four-man rush. We have a lot of work to do between now and Seattle or Clemons & Bryant will do to Staley, Davis and Smith what they did to them last year.

well said.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes indeed. I swear if they come out again completely unprepared like they did against the Seahawks in last year's opener I'm gonna be pissed.

As will I. Alot was discussed after last years game about missed opportunities and bad coaching; part of which was deserved for not making the adjustments necessary to keep Seattle's front seven out of our backfield.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Preseason is to build your team and work on new plays, fundimentals, attitude, ST, redzone etc. It doesn't look like we can take a lot back with us going into this week.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think it will be much different from last year where at times we look decent, there's a lot of struggle, and maybe a few glimpses of dominance against bad teams (like when we ran over the Cards). Consistency will be the most difficult thing. There will be a lot of player evaluations going on throughout this year as they figure out who best fits where and what they can do. It will be interesting to see how much the O-Line is shifted around during the season.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I didn't think free agency was going well and I started to doubt "the plan". IMO that ended up turning out ok. So I am gonna trust that our coaching staff will have us ready when they count.

I agree. I think the game plan will impove the the production of the offense and the play of the defense.

But the play of the offensive line concerns me. Game planning isn't going to make Joe Staley a better against the speed rush or pull Athony davis' head out of his a$$.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like this comment from Joe - He's owning it! Now if he & the others can fix 'it', we'll be good to go!

...Staley wouldn't say his unit is behind because of the lockout and missed minicamps and organized team activities, either.

He let Connor Barwin blow by him on one sack.

"No excuses. I got beat," Staley said. "We were terrible."

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. I think the game plan will impove the the production of the offense and the play of the defense.

But the play of the offensive line concerns me. Game planning isn't going to make Joe Staley a better against the speed rush or pull Athony davis' head out of his a$$.

Me too; moreso than anything else I've seen from the team this year. If they can't protect Smith and he is running for his life, he has no chance. Watching him get knocked around by the Texans was painful.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes indeed. I swear if they come out again completely unprepared like they did against the Seahawks in last year's opener I'm gonna be pissed.

I don't think they came out unprepared against the Hawks last year. They just didn't execute. They completely dominated the first half, until the Crabtree drop/Smith interception. Smith made a couple bad tosses on gimme TDs, and we lost the opportunity to close them out. If we go up 14-0 in the first quarter as we really should have done, though, I think we win that game handily.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My biggest concern from this game, as others have said, is the OL. Regardless of what they were trying to get out of the game, the first string OL spent a lot of time on the field, and made guys like Antonio Smith and Connor Barwin look like HOFers. They were beaten repeatedly in one-on-one matchups. That just can't happen.

Though I must say, Anthony Davis might have had as good a game as anyone on the OL last week. That's kind of horrifying.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think they came out unprepared against the Hawks last year. They just didn't execute. They completely dominated the first half, until the Crabtree drop/Smith interception. Smith made a couple bad tosses on gimme TDs, and we lost the opportunity to close them out. If we go up 14-0 in the first quarter as we really should have done, though, I think we win that game handily.

It seemed to me that once Seattle saw what the 49ers were doing both on offense and defense and made the necessary adjustments, the 49ers had no answer. They started out well I agree. I seem to remember a TD being called back early because Morgan bobbled it going out of bounds or something.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the line is bombing on purpose cause they want Alex hurt...

tin-foil-hat.jpg