• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chito to tenn

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irv jr. to KC

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is going to be different with the new pieces. Giseki seems more like a Boyd replacement than a traditional tight end. I think he'll have a unique role in the Bengals offense. They can basically play a lot of their 11 personnel stuff with Giseki as a third receiver..... They can move Chase in and out of the slot and they are more dynamic without Mixon as a running back. That wouldn't be the speediest buch, but we weren't the speediest bunch with Boyd and we were less multiple. They can also create a lot of mismatches in the run game if teams play them with a lot of nickel against their base offense. I'm intrigued.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can do worse than to bring him back.
he's kind of our project, and he was doing pretty well. I think he stays here.

meanwhile, facebook fans are 100% we are signing Justin Jefferson. I guess we'll just continue to let our defense give up running yards or hope that our draft is by some miracle going to fix that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's kind of our project, and he was doing pretty well. I think he stays here.

meanwhile, facebook fans are 100% we are signing Justin Jefferson. I guess we'll just continue to let our defense give up running yards or hope that our draft is by some miracle going to fix that.
Not sure if a 28 year old guy is a project....but again - I thought he did well when called upon, and he'd be a nice cheap(er) option as a backup.

Yeah, the JJ talk is just crazy. If they're not paying Higgins, people think the Bengals are going to pay Jefferson...and then Chase? No way. Wouldn't have enough cap to shore up the DL, DE, CB, OL or other WR spots...there would be zero depth.

It's a nice dream, but no way it's feasible without both guys willing to take major cuts in pay - and that's not happening.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if a 28 year old guy is a project....but again - I thought he did well when called upon, and he'd be a nice cheap(er) option as a backup.

Yeah, the JJ talk is just crazy. If they're not paying Higgins, people think the Bengals are going to pay Jefferson...and then Chase? No way. Wouldn't have enough cap to shore up the DL, DE, CB, OL or other WR spots...there would be zero depth.

It's a nice dream, but no way it's feasible without both guys willing to take major cuts in pay - and that's not happening.
I can just see the excuses if one of our top 3 guys gets injured (LSU trio)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official, our 3 biggest needs are now:

RT, DT, WR

We have 4 pick in the first 3 round now, I would like to see the draft fall like this:

#1 RT - Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
#2 DT - T'Vondre Sweat, Texas
#3a WR - Xavier Legette, South Carolina
#3b DE - Austin Booker, Kansas
#4 OG - Zak Zinter, Michigan

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official, our 3 biggest needs are now:

RT, DT, WR

We have 4 pick in the first 3 round now, I would like to see the draft fall like this:

#1 RT - Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
#2 DT - T'Vondre Sweat, Texas
#3a WR - Xavier Legette, South Carolina
#3b DE - Austin Booker, Kansas
#4 OG - Zak Zinter, Michigan
Don't be shocked if they don't go WR that soon unless someone falls to them they really like.

They'll role with Chase, Higgins, Yoshi, and Jones - though I could see them look to add a veteran slot guy at some point, and re-sign some guys that add veteran depth (think Irwin, Trenton, etc...).

DT is a real issue. It looks like the Bengals were set to move on from Reader, but were not able to land their primary target....if they can't retain Reader - they will have missed on the DT market - and that is a very big miss....the defense is centered around a NT that sets up the rest of the DL...

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the draft is deep at DT. If there was a position that was acceptable to roll the dice and wait for the draft, it would be DT. So many 2nd round options even. 1710352768985.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the draft is deep at DT. If there was a position that was acceptable to roll the dice and wait for the draft, it would be DT. So many 2nd round options even. View attachment 357035
I like a lot of these guys - but only as additions with another veteran guy like Reader....they have to have a guy to anchor that defense around as it's a key component to what Lou does on defense.

I'm surprised that the Bengals initially looked elsewhere and seem to be good with allowing Reader to leave...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness. Worst safety I can remember us having.
A rare F/A whiff by Duke...

I'm glad they've moved on from the 2 guys I felt needed to go: Mixon and Scott. Sure, it helps the cap, but reality was - these guys were not going to help this team get better going forward.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rare F/A whiff by Duke...

I'm glad they've moved on from the 2 guys I felt needed to go: Mixon and Scott. Sure, it helps the cap, but reality was - these guys were not going to help this team get better going forward.
I like what we have done in FA so far, but some of these contracts are ridiculous. Chris Jones, Brian Burns, Wilkens, Madubuike, etc.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what we have done in FA so far, but some of these contracts are ridiculous. Chris Jones, Brian Burns, Wilkens, Madubuike, etc.
Bengals have done well not to get caught up in that movement. Important because with Burrow getting paid last year, and Chase due next year - you really have to handle the cap well or you are where some of these teams are year over year in having to make multiple restructures or cuts.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farewell from Mixon. The guy's production dipped over the past couple of years, but he was a real leader for this organization. I'm glad we are moving on, but I wish him luck.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they are still trying to get Reader back as well...