• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were just very wrong. Own it. No reason to try and throw shade on the Cavs again, as it didn't work so well last time for ya.

Some just never learn.
You did tell me not to sleep on Sexton.

I hit the snooze button repeatedly.

I also wondered, aloud , if paying Allen was a mistake and if getting rid of Love via buyout would be addition by subtraction.

Yikes...lol

I was wrong and it didn't kill me!!!!!!

TLance said he got some of it wrong.

But, you likely won't get more out of him because of the dynamic between those 2 posters.

Every conversation goes along the lines of this.....

photo-4-1503071638328.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobley and Garland are untouchables imo but even like you said unrealistic deals they would make. Allen is said to be the same bc of the chemistry this group has. Garland already has amazing chemistry with the twin towers which is amazing
True about unrealistic as Memphis is not calling and offering Ja and we'd likely turn down deals for stars who might be regressing or close and being paid $40-50 mil+ for Garland.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True about unrealistic as Memphis is not calling and offering Ja and we'd likely turn down deals for stars who might be regressing or close and being paid $40-50 mil+ for Garland.
Yeah and to be clear. Ja is great but he right for that Memphis group, Garland seems to be a perfect fit for this Cavs group but no doubt as of right now Ja is the better player

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did tell me not to sleep on Sexton.

I hit the snooze button repeatedly.

I also wondered, aloud , if paying Allen was a mistake and if getting rid of Love via buyout would be addition by subtraction.

Yikes...lol

I was wrong and it didn't kill me!!!!!!

TLance said he got some of it wrong.

But, you likely won't get more out of him because of the dynamic between those 2 posters.

Every conversation goes along the lines of this.....

photo-4-1503071638328.gif
He's like that with me and others, too. as you said he did admit being wrong about a lot.....just no reason to then try and throw shade on the Cavs again.

Still no idea what the plan is for Sexton. Has been talk he might be able to come back and play in the playoffs assuming we get there (yes, seems like a lock....barring another major injury). I hear some critics say don;t do it but that's nuts to me. JB had a role for him before he was hurt and we were winning. Other guys have improved since then and we could sure use another scorer and guy who can handle the ball with Rubio out.

My guess is he's here next season but wouldn't be surprised if he was moved in a sign and trade......and seeing him play would sure help his value if the latter.

To me, those who thought we were paying Allen too much just hadn't been considering where FA had gone the last few years. Guys like Bertans can get $15-16 mil so $20 mil seemed more than reasonable for Allen. That said, I didn't think he'd play at an all star level this season.

so many shared your opinion on Love and I was close....just figured no harm in seeing how he fit in with the new guys before just giving him away and paying him to help a contender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, look how he gets ripped for things he said years ago. And, like this one by you, it's often many agreed "at the time" but doesn't stop some from going after him.

Like, for instance, when he said Miami would go down round 1 a couple years ago and even Miami fans likely agreed.

Own it (as you did) but no need to throw shade at the Cavs with a "but they wont win a title". I wouldn't bet on it this season and, yes, before this season thought I'd never see one again. Still wont be easy as it's not for anyone in a market like ours as you said but that's because they cannot lure a FA from somewhere else. Possible we wont need to.

I said in the very next post that I would bet against any young core in this situation.

Because modern history of the NBA has been you get a few years with the core, then guys start leaving and they win their title elsewhere.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and to be clear. Ja is great but he right for that Memphis group, Garland seems to be a perfect fit for this Cavs group but no doubt as of right now Ja is the bettercplayer
He's more explosive.

It's like comparing the styles of prime Westbrook to CP3....imo.

...or maybe Donovan Mitchell/ CP3.

Ja is a bucket who can facilitate.

Darius is a facilitator who can get buckets.

Most folks would obviously take JA because of the wow factor.

But, both guys fit their teams perfectly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, look how he gets ripped for things he said years ago. And, like this one by you, it's often many agreed "at the time" but doesn't stop some from going after him.

Like, for instance, when he said Miami would go down round 1 a couple years ago and even Miami fans likely agreed.

Own it (as you did) but no need to throw shade at the Cavs with a "but they wont win a title". I wouldn't bet on it this season and, yes, before this season thought I'd never see one again. Still wont be easy as it's not for anyone in a market like ours as you said but that's because they cannot lure a FA from somewhere else. Possible we wont need to.

He gets ripped by EVERYONE because he is a clown. And he has said some really proposterous shit.

You act like I am the one doing it. Most cases it is others.

With Wiggy though?

He specifically bookmarks my posts. He has a vendetta against me because I have completely owned him time and again.

It is really pathetic. I don’t have time or desire to dig up old posts like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in the very next post that I would bet against any young core in this situation.

Because modern history of the NBA has been you get a few years with the core, then guys start leaving and they win their title elsewhere.
point is why even say it other than to try and throw some kind of shade? was it necessary in that discussion to mention the Cavs wont ever win a title in your opinion while playing far better than anyone imagined?

But, as mentioned, I wont try to stop you anymore as the reverse curse worked with Garland.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like that with me and others, too. as you said he did admit being wrong about a lot.....just no reason to then try and throw shade on the Cavs again.

Still no idea what the plan is for Sexton. Has been talk he might be able to come back and play in the playoffs assuming we get there (yes, seems like a lock....barring another major injury). I hear some critics say don;t do it but that's nuts to me. JB had a role for him before he was hurt and we were winning. Other guys have improved since then and we could sure use another scorer and guy who can handle the ball with Rubio out.

My guess is he's here next season but wouldn't be surprised if he was moved in a sign and trade......and seeing him play would sure help his value if the latter.

To me, those who thought we were paying Allen too much just hadn't been considering where FA had gone the last few years. Guys like Bertans can get $15-16 mil so $20 mil seemed more than reasonable for Allen. That said, I didn't think he'd play at an all star level this season.

so many shared your opinion on Love and I was close....just figured no harm in seeing how he fit in with the new guys before just giving him away and paying him to help a contender.
What do you think about the Dennis Schroeder rumors?

I think I like it...especially if Sexton doesn't come back for the playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets ripped by EVERYONE because he is a clown. And he has said some really proposterous shit.

With Wiggy though?

He specifically bookmarks my posts. He has a vendetta against me because I have completely owned him time and again.

It is really pathetic. I don’t have time or desire to dig up old posts like that.
How am I acting like you are the only one who does it when I said "MANY" have done it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about the Dennis Schroeder rumors?

I think I like it...especially if Sexton doesn't come back for the playoffs.
I'm good with it as seems like we wouldn't be giving up anything if going by the rumors. Garland could use some help in the backcourt. Rondo has been OK, but Schroder would help more IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Wiggy though?

Cavs fans on this board are unbearable with the exception of @Shanemansj13

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is the biggest front runner on here. Guy only post when the Cavs are good.

Can't respect any poster like that. He barely post when the Cavs are bad. Now that they are good he is back to the BS he was on when Lebron and Irving was there

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Wiggy though?

Y'all gonna deal Trezl?

I'd probably try to dump Bertans instead.

But, Trezl and Bryant are duplicates.

Gotta think Gafford will be the guy and that maybe you could package Trezl and Rui for a difference maker?

If the Spurs are selling, White or Murray for Dinwiddie and sweetners?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with it as seems like we wouldn't be giving up anything if going by the rumors. Garland could use some help in the backcourt. Rondo has been OK, but Schroder would help more IMO.
Exactly.

Plus, Schroeder is slightly Sexton-ish.

Smallish guard, more of a scorer, not necessarily a shooter with some play making ability.

Can create for others. But, is way more suited to getting his own.

Collin is likely a better scorer and Dennis the better playmaker.

But, he would be a great substitute... Imo

Rondo has been really good.

But, at his age, you need insurance and he's better suited as a situational 2nd guard off the bench roll.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all gonna deal Trezl?

I'd probably try to dump Bertans instead.

But, Trezl and Bryant are duplicates.

Gotta think Gafford will be the guy and that maybe you could package Trezl and Rui for a difference maker?

If the Spurs are selling, White or Murray for Dinwiddie and sweetners?

I have no idea what the Wizards are doing. Probably not what they should though.

I think they probably do make a move like that, just not optimistic it would lead to any real success though.

Just too many far better teams they have to get past. My preference would be to trade Beal and start a real honest rebuild.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point is why even say it other than to try and throw some kind of shade? was it necessary in that discussion to mention the Cavs wont ever win a title in your opinion while playing far better than anyone imagined?

But, as mentioned, I wont try to stop you anymore as the reverse curse worked with Garland.

It is pretty clear why I said it. You are ignoring the context of the conversation that post was taken from. And I don’t care to rehash it.

I was defending myself against an unproved recall of an old post.

You take it as shade because you take everything as shade.