• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I'm the only Heat fan left

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah doesn’t even matter Draymond getting the Ts is inexcusable. Like I said it’s probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen a player do. I’m still in utter shock.

Is Draymond still worth the headache? Warriors fans are on Draymond technical foul suspension watch every season and postseason. And on top of that, he's always a threat to get ejected.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Draymond still worth the headache? Warriors fans are on Draymond technical foul suspension watch every season and postseason. And on top of that, he's always a threat to get ejected.
Dude, really? Check the first two games of the year and see how they look without him. They basically won the game without Curry (or Klay).

Yes it's a problem, but yes it's worth it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, really? Check the first two games of the year and see how they look without him. They basically won the game without Curry (or Klay).

Yes it's a problem, but yes it's worth it.

The whole team is better than they were in games 1 and 2 of the season. They beat the Heat without Draymond and with Curry missing a ton of shots.

Warriors aren't winning it this year. It's possible that moving on from him is a good move. We're not talking about 2016 Draymond anymore. He's turning 31 in a couple weeks, shooting 35.9 % on FG, shooting 22.4% on threes, and is a constant threat to get techs and be ejected. And maybe the Warriors are a more attractive free agency destination without him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team is better than they were in games 1 and 2 of the season. They beat the Heat without Draymond and with Curry missing a ton of shots.

Warriors aren't winning it this year. It's possible that moving on from him is a good move. We're not talking about 2016 Draymond anymore. He's turning 31 in a couple weeks, shooting 35.9 % on FG, shooting 22.4% on threes, and is a constant threat to get techs and be ejected. And maybe the Warriors are a more attractive free agency destination without him.
I couldn't disagree more. Draymond has been very good this year and very important on both ends. When are we signing any major FAs in the near future, even if you think Dray is a problem there (he's not), they are capped out.

And you can't move on from him because he's far more valuable to the Ws than he would be anywhere else.

I get that he's infuriating sometimes but the good FAR outweighs the bad. It's just fresh now, while his excellence every game is expected

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree more. Draymond has been very good this year and very important on both ends. When are we signing any major FAs in the near future, even if you think Dray is a problem there (he's not), they are capped out.

And you can't move on from him because he's far more valuable to the Ws than he would be anywhere else.

I get that he's infuriating sometimes but the good FAR outweighs the bad. It's just fresh now, while his excellence every game is expected

Good point about the cap, but maybe it affects trades, like if a player will want to be traded to GS.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can’t though.

He is highly valuable to them because of his do with Steph and Klay.

And it isn’t like you can just trade him for an asset.

You would have to attach multiple assets to him to get another team to take his salary. His contributions are worth more than the cost of getting rid of him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about the cap, but maybe it affects trades, like if a player will want to be traded to GS.
Again, you are projecting your own recently triggered emotions onto NBA players, none of this matters in that regard (and players rarely control where they are traded).

I get that it just happened and it's frustrating but it's a hot take to think we're better off without him. Once again he shows what he is, very Rodman-like in the fact that he doesn't score points and is a hotheaded wild card sometimes, but he is very important to winning.

The players all have his back, Bazemore said after the game, correctly, "we don't win championships without him"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they're not back...That would look real front runnerish

Depends on why, imo. I think turnup said he's been really busy when he popped in a little while back. Not sure where Heatles is, but now that I think of it, I haven't really seen him anywhere else on the site either.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are projecting your own recently triggered emotions onto NBA players, none of this matters in that regard (and players rarely control where they are traded).

I get that it just happened and it's frustrating but it's a hot take to think we're better off without him. Once again he shows what he is, very Rodman-like in the fact that he doesn't score points and is a hotheaded wild card sometimes, but he is very important to winning.

The players all have his back, Bazemore said after the game, correctly, "we don't win championships without him"

This ain’t a hot take. Draymond's emotional issues have been a problem for years, so has his shooting. He's still a positive on defense, but his overall BPM is negative now going back to last season, probably because his shooting is so brutal. Is there another starting power forward in the NBA who is shooting 35.9% on FG? I think it's fair to wonder if they can construct a better team for future years without him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain’t a hot take. Draymond's emotional issues have been a problem for years, so has his shooting. He's still a positive on defense, but his overall BPM is negative now going back to last season, probably because his shooting is so brutal. Is there another starting power forward in the NBA who is shooting 35.9% on FG? I think it's fair to wonder if they can construct a better team for future years without him.
I have posted many times here why Draymond is necessary and valuable to this team even without scoring (like Rodman), for example leading the team in assists as basically the point guard. Not gonna get into it anymore, I strongly disagree with your take.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL good thing they're on the same team. And they won the game without Steph last night until the officials blew it.

Let's be honest. Draymond blew it.