• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA playoffs

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. Until Lebron is no longer on the team or someone in the East actually beats them...I expect the Cavs to make it out.

If the Pacers or someone else goes up 3-0...I might start to have some doubt. lol

believe it or not i also want LeClown to make it back...

...after all, the goof can't be 3-6 if he isn't there...:D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what im saying.

I mean- even as #2's go.....I am looking at the East- and what team has a better #2 than Kevin Love?

Maybe Simmons/Embiid if Embiid is healthy? Maybe Lowry to DeRozan's #1?

if anyone out there wants to take the field against the Cavs I will gladly bet them.

As I've said a few times, I think there are two teams that can beat the Cavs in the East. The Raptors and Sixers.

Lebron is Lebron and clearly the best player on the court no matter who they are playing.

After that things get interesting if you look player for player.

You could say that Love is better than Lowry. But I would argue that the Raptors have a sizable advantage after the top 2 players on each team. Their 2nd team, in particular, has considerably more talent.

With the Sixers I would say that Simmons and Embiid have been better players this year than Love. After those top 4, who on the Cavs would you say is better than RoCo, Saric, Reddick? Hood if he can get healthy?

Both the Sixers and Raptors are balanced teams that can score and defend.

Tell you what. If the Sixers play the Cavs in the ECF, I would make an avi bet with you. If that happens, the Sixers rookie jitters would be done and dusted. And the Sixers have the better roster top to bottom.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said a few times, I think there are two teams that can beat the Cavs in the East. The Raptors and Sixers.

Lebron is Lebron and clearly the best player on the court no matter who they are playing.

You could say that Love is better than Lowry. But I would argue that the Raptors have a sizable advantage after the top 2 players on each team. Their 2nd team, in particular, has considerably more talent.

With the Sixers I would say that Simmons and Embiid have been better players this year than Love. After those top 4, who on the Cavs would you say is better than RoCo, Saric, Reddick? Hood if he can get healthy?

Tell you what. If the Sixers play the Cavs in the ECF, I would make an avi bet with you. If that happens, the Sixers rookie jitters would be done and dusted. And the Sixers have the better roster top to bottom.

Raps i'd have to see to believe quite honestly. not sure if you buy into the Cavs being in their heads or not, but it sure seems to be the case...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uhh what?

Compare the Cavs guys after the top 2 to the Raptors

Raptors:
Valunciunas
CJ Miles
Og Anonuby
Fred Van Fleet
Serge Ibaka
Norman Powell
Delon Wright
Jakob Poeltl

vs.

Cavaliers:
Kyle Korver
Jr Smith
Larry Nance Jr.
Greg Hill
Rodney Hood
TT
Jordan Clarkson
Jeff Green

thats a "sizable advantage? to the Raptors? lol...ya really think so?

hmmmmm....i just dont see it.....im just curious as to why you think so....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers:
Kyle Korver
Jr Smith
Larry Nance Jr.
Greg Hill
Rodney Hood
TT
Jordan Clarkson
Jeff Green

Sixers:
JJ Redick
Robert Covington
Dario Saric
Markelle Fultz
Amir Johnson
the rest poop not worth naming

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers:
Kyle Korver
Jr Smith
Larry Nance Jr.
Greg Hill
Rodney Hood
TT
Jordan Clarkson
Jeff Green

Sixers:
JJ Redick
Robert Covington
Dario Saric
Markelle Fultz
Amir Johnson
the rest poop not worth naming

Ilyasova and Bellinelli are poop? But Kyle Korver is good? JR Smith is still playing basketball? I hadn't noticed this year. Jeff Green in the post-season is actually more of an addition to the other team than to the Cavs.

Just because you are more familiar with the Cavs players doesn't mean they are good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh what?

Raptors:
Valunciunas
CJ Miles
Og Anonuby
Fred Van Fleet
Serge Ibaka
Norman Powell
Delon Wright
Jakob Poeltl

vs.

Cavaliers:
Kyle Korver
Jr Smith
Larry Nance Jr.
Greg Hill
Rodney Hood
TT
Jordan Clarkson
Jeff Green

By any measure of the season, it most certainly is.

If the Cavs bench was as good as you think and they have Lebron and Love, they should just sweep through the playoffs this year. Right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh what?

Raptors:
Valunciunas
CJ Miles
Og Anonuby
Fred Van Fleet
Serge Ibaka
Norman Powell
Delon Wright
Jakob Poeltl

vs.

Cavaliers:
Kyle Korver
Jr Smith
Larry Nance Jr.
Greg Hill
Rodney Hood
TT
Jordan Clarkson
Jeff Green

I don't think the Raptors others are much better, perhaps a little, but they do seem to have better chemistry overall this season.

Bottom line though, give me LeBron and Love over DeRozan and Lowry by a wide margin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By any measure of the season, it most certainly is.

If the Cavs bench was as good as you think and they have Lebron and Love, they should just sweep through the playoffs this year. Right?
considering that yesterday was the FIRST full game they had their entire team together this year- I think it wont be the absolute massacre/blood bath its been but id be surprised if we saw a 7 game series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Raptors others are much better, perhaps a little, but they do seem to have better chemistry overall this season.

Bottom line though, give me LeBron and Love over DeRozan and Lowry by a wide margin.
of course tehy have better chemistry--- they have been together all year and have been relatively healthy.

The Cavs threw this thing together on the fly- traded half their team and the deadline- and since then sustained a major injury to love, Hood and Hill have both missed significant time, Nance Jr. has missed time. etc......the Cavs are barely playing more than pickup ball at this point---- which is why seeing a little adversity is not the worst thing against an opponent like the Pacers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course tehy have better chemistry--- they have been together all year and have been relatively healthy.

The Cavs threw this thing together on the fly- traded half their team and the deadline- and since then sustained a major injury to love, Hood and Hill have both missed significant time, Nance Jr. has missed time. etc......the Cavs are barely playing more than pickup ball at this point---- which is why seeing a little adversity is not the worst thing against an opponent like the Pacers

Agree with this. It's not panic time for the Cavs just yet. Talent-wise I'm still rolling with the Cavs until they're out. Or unless they're playing the Warriors.

:suds:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ilyasova and Bellinelli are poop? But Kyle Korver is good? JR Smith is still playing basketball? I hadn't noticed this year. Jeff Green in the post-season is actually more of an addition to the other team than to the Cavs.

Just because you are more familiar with the Cavs players doesn't mean they are good.
Bellineli is a poor mans Calderon. Please dont compare him to KK.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's completely fair and probably correct. But they pose a real threat to the Cavs unlike years past when they were clearly just a speed bump.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's completely fair and probably correct. But they pose a real threat to the Cavs unlike years past when they were clearly just a speed bump.

Agreed.

As do the 6ers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellineli is a poor mans Calderon. Please dont compare him to KK.

Well let's see here.

Korver lifetime stats - 9.9 points a game 1.8 assists 3 rebounds. 44% FG% 43 3P% 12.9 PER
Bellinelli lifetime stats - 9.9 points a game 1.7 assists 2 rebounds. 42% FG% 37 3P% 12.3 PER

Both are defensive liabilities.

But you want to argue that Korver is really good and Bellinelli is trash?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that reminds me. what's the time table on Curry's return...?

Targeting the next round, probably mid round. Videos of him working out at practice are encouraging, but they'll try to hold off on him playing as long as possible.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh what?

Raptors:
Valunciunas
CJ Miles
Og Anonuby
Fred Van Fleet
Serge Ibaka
Norman Powell
Delon Wright
Jakob Poeltl

vs.

Cavaliers:
Kyle Korver
Jr Smith
Larry Nance Jr.
Greg Hill
Rodney Hood
TT
Jordan Clarkson
Jeff Green

Talent-wise no. Chemistry and production-wise, Absolutely.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see here.

Korver lifetime stats - 9.9 points a game 1.8 assists 3 rebounds. 44% FG% 43 3P% 12.9 PER
Bellinelli lifetime stats - 9.9 points a game 1.7 assists 2 rebounds. 42% FG% 37 3P% 12.3 PER

Both are defensive liabilities.

But you want to argue that Korver is really good and Bellinelli is trash?
Bellinelli is a scrub that got cut by the Hawks. He is a journey man. Kyle Korver is one of the best snipers in the history of NBA basketball.

Kyle Korver finished 6th in 3 pt % this year. He finished 2nd last year. Bellineli is playing for his 5th team in the last 4 years.

Bellineli is a LOT closer to Jose Calderon than he is to Kyle Korver.