• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Fall Camp Thread

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get not eating the crow right away but, dont you feel that this year is a night and day difference from last year already?

Nope.

For 2017, I said 4-8 because of the loss of all of the players that took the team to the 2016 record.

Then, when Mark Banker was fired, I had hope.

Then, listening to what the defensive players were saying how the defense was going to be an attacking defense. I had more hope.

Then, all the koolaid poured about Tanner lee, then even more hope. We all saw that pretty 2017 spring game pass he dropped in the corner of the end zone for a TD.

I drank the koolaid, I was swimming in it, it flowed out of all of my orifices. I reversed my prediction of 4-8 to 8-4 for 2017.

Then, I watched the Arkansas State game and knew the coaches were just blowing smoke up my ass. Go back and read the game threads. Tanner Lee was the best QB at Pick Sixes and led the nation in interceptions.

I predict 4-8 for 2018, I have posted about why already. I won't rehash. Right now, the team has 52 new players on the roster. If Watt gets here, that is 53. It takes some time to build chemistry amongst the veteran players and the new players.

Ok I will rehash. New QB. New Center. New offensive tackles. New Tight End. New linebackers. New Corner. New Safety. New RB. New Kicker. New holder. Only two position groups are intact, the D Line and the Receivers. Lightbourn is still the punter and seems to have matured now. Fingers crossed he doesn't regress to his 2016 season.

At least eight JCs will be playing, if not starting., that shows you how bad the team was at those positions according to this coaching staff. Which I agree with.

As usual, my sort of plans to go to Fan Day on August 18th might have gone up in flames.

I do have hope for 2019 at this point in time. Skill players will be good. The defense is really going to be an attacking defense and will have one year of knowledge under their belt.. Not sure about the O line for 2019 though. Worry about that later.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

For 2017, I said 4-8 because of the loss of all of the players that took the team to the 2016 record.

Then, listening to what the defensive players were saying how the defense was going to be an attacking defense. I had more hope.

Then, all the koolaid poured about Tanner lee, then even more hope. We all saw that pretty 2017 spring game pass he dropped in the corner of the end zone for a TD.

I drank the koolaid, I was swimming in it, it flowed out of all of my orifices. I reversed my prediction of 4-8 to 8-4 for 2017.

Then, I watched the Arkansas State game and knew the coaches were just blowing smoke up my ass. Go back and read the game threads. Tanner Lee was the best QB at Pick Sixes and led the nation in interceptions.

I predict 4-8 for 2018, I have posted about why already. I won't rehash. Right now, the team has 52 new players on the roster. If Watt gets here, that is 53. It takes some time to build chemistry amongst the veteran players and the new players.

Ok I will rehash. New QB. New Center. New offensive tackles. New Tight End. New linebackers. New Corner. New Safety. New RB. New Kicker. New holder. Only two position groups are intact, the D Line and the Receivers. Lightbourn is still the punter and seems to have matured now. Fingers crossed he doesn't regress to his 2016 season.

At least eight JCs will be playing, if not starting., that shows you how bad the team was at those positions according to this coaching staff. Which I agree with.

As usual, my sort of plans to go to Fan Day on August 18th might have gone up in flames.

I do have hope for 2019 at this point in time. Skill players will be good. The defense is really going to be an attacking defense and will have one year of knowledge under their belt.. Not sure about the O line for 2019 though. Worry about that later.

WRONG. Frost aint messin around with 4 wins. FACT!!!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, have a big drink. For the first time we have Frosty cold Koolaid.
giphy-1_zpsfxrnco65.gif

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw one of our guys at the dog run today a big brother with tattoos. He looked like VV. He had a little cinder block Pitbull he's running around. All I said to him was good morning I figured I didn't want to bother him with football questions when he was at the park with his dog. Big feller

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw one of our guys at the dog run today a big brother with tattoos. He looked like VV. He had a little cinder block Pitbull he's running around. All I said to him was good morning I figured I didn't want to bother him with football questions when he was at the park with his dog. Big feller
He should have been at practice tho

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's why I couldn't quite put my finger on it. it was at like 9- 9:30 this morning so I don't know what time they practiced in the a.m. but still he would have to get from UNL to 84th and Adams by 9:30 and already be out there. so I doubt it was a Husker but his face looked familiar.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I'd agree with this. the thing is, and i think some of us were saying it as a retrospective on last season and the preseason hype. Until you play an actual game you are only competing against yourselves. Our D was looking great last fall, but it turned out that our O-line was crap. so until our o-line is showing significant improvement in an actual game against a different opponent, that is when i'll actually drink some kool-aid on what is being said this fall.

so basically, no kool-aid for me until games are played.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with this. the thing is, and i think some of us were saying it as a retrospective on last season and the preseason hype. Until you play an actual game you are only competing against yourselves. Our D was looking great last fall, but it turned out that our O-line was crap. so until our o-line is showing significant improvement in an actual game against a different opponent, that is when i'll actually drink some kool-aid on what is being said this fall.

HB10 knows the better we get the harder it will be for him to snag those front row $20 tickets at away games so...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HB10 knows the better we get the harder it will be for him to snag those front row $20 tickets at away games so...

LOL. I think he paid like $12 ea. for one of those games,

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've discussed that a few times over the years.
I remember one year the Big 10 tour bus saying one of Nebraska's lines would be the best in the Big 10. They ended up being horrible. At this point they either look as good or bad in practice as the other side of the ball.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No practice today.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was today scheduled for a practice? For some reason i thought there was with the offensive coaches speaking. maybe i'm just not remembering correctly.