• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 coaches on the hot seat

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is never going to die, is it?

480w_s.jpg

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken, but Snyder also scheduled a bunch of patsies to pad that record.

Illinois is Illinois. Much like Kansas, they shouldn't have lofty expectations of who they can hire. Lovie may not work out, but the question always comes to, WHO are they going to reasonably replace him with?

If a guy is bad for the job, he's bad for the job. But if you can't improve on him, you need to reconsider......I'm not sure they are prepared to make a good offer to a quality coach. But I agree Lovie is an NFL coach.

Well, without getting into some full blown debate over this guy...I just believe he is out of his
environment. (Pro Coach)

They're giving him a 3rd year so he needs to produce. If he improves that mess, then go with him
another year. (They could always think he's getting the hang of the college game.)

But if they still languish, they need to cut their losses.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie Smith of Illinois needs to be more than an HM. At the minimum he should replace
Mason on that list. Make Mason an HM.

Dana Holgorsen of WVU should be listed somewhere. He's come nowhere near returning them
to a contender. They have to be getting tired of him.

I didn't look at any of the Group of 5 teams.

Holgorsen aint on the hotseat THIS year due to his contract extension end of 2016,too expensive to cut him loose THIS year and this year is a make or break kind of year for him as the team should be loaded offensively and OU/Texas/OSU/TCU are in transitions. Kind of an “if not now in these circumstances then when” kind of season coming up.

Now, WVU goes 7-8 wins, finishes middle of the pack in the Big12 and the offense is just ok then 2019 will prob be it for DH and its back to being an OC for him and TBH thats prob his most effective position in CFB, he is a REAL good OC.