• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 coaches on the hot seat

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The Jayhawks are are 3-33 in 3 seasons including a 1-26 record in the Big 12”
2669gj.jpg

This is never going to die, is it?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie Smith of Illinois needs to be more than an HM. At the minimum he should replace

They just landed another top 100 recruit yesterday. Their team was all Freshmen last year. Like, they literally had games where a majority of their starters were freshmen.

Illinois could go 0-12 this year, and they won't fire him. He's not remotely on the hot seat. He is going to get at least until last year's Freshmen finish their Junior season.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Harbaugh should be on the hot seat but I think he may leave after this season if Michigan doesn't make any strides this yr.
I've learned my lesson wishing away Lloyd and seeing what has happened to programs like Nebraska and LSU....I'm not going to ask for a coach who wins 9+ games a year to be fired. I'm going to be annoyed on any given year with the losses and hope we can catch a break. If you're at that level, it really just takes one elite player to throw you over the edge (see OU this year). I think we've gotten into this cycle in modern CFB where if your coach isn't winning a national title in 3 years people want them fired.

I'm just going to point this out, but Dabo was 25-16 in his first 3 full seasons at Clemson. Sometimes it just takes a few years to get things going.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just landed another top 100 recruit yesterday. Their team was all Freshmen last year. Like, they literally had games where a majority of their starters were freshmen.

Illinois could go 0-12 this year, and they won't fire him. He's not remotely on the hot seat. He is going to get at least until last year's Freshmen finish their Junior season.

Not sure I get the Lovie hate.

He's only been there 2 years to a team completely devoid of talent. Champagne isn't the easiest place to recruit to either. What did people expect, that any good coach could just show up there and make it rain titles?

I don't get this fire everybody mentality people seem to have of coaches that haven't been in their jobs a minimum of 4 years.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't been the same since they fired Fat Boy for being mean. Karma's a bitch.

Just pure stupidity and hubris from the administration. You are KANSAS. You don't fire good football coaches unless they've committed multiple NCAA violations that have been proven.

But it appears common sense isn't all that common in Kansas.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech may be one of the hardest P5 schools to recruit to. Probably ranks 8th in the Big12 in terms of attractiveness of the job.
:dingdingding: but, @7Samurai13 disagrees. He and I argued about this earlier. He claims it is more difficult to recruit to East Lansing than Lubbock.

But, outside the P5s, my school has to be the hardest place to recruit to. We ain't close to nuttin' but Juarez.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding: but, @7Samurai13 disagrees. He and I argued about this earlier. He claims it is more difficult to recruit to East Lansing than Lubbock.

But, outside the P5s, my school has to be the hardest place to recruit to. We ain't close to nuttin' but Juarez.
I was arguing there is more talent in Texas than there is in most of the Big10 footprint combined. You are over an hour away from anything of any worth in East Lansing, and that’s if you put value in Detroit.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pure stupidity and hubris from the administration. You are KANSAS. You don't fire good football coaches unless they've committed multiple NCAA violations that have been proven.

But it appears common sense isn't all that common in Kansas.
voltaire1-2x.jpg

Same for the stupid Red Raider administration.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was arguing there is more talent in Texas than there is in most of the Big10 footprint combined. You are over an hour away from anything of any worth in East Lansing, and that’s if you put value in Detroit.
Well, I'll have to agree with you on that.

But, not much of that talent knows how to tackle anymore...at least none of it that Tech has recruited!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top to bottom, in order, but they'll all be gone.

Beaty-Kansas
Sitake-BYU
Odom-Missouri
Holgerson-WVU
Fedora-North Carolina

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beaty-Kansas
Sitake-BYU
Odom-Missouri
Holgerson-WVU
Fedora-North Carolina
I swear Kansas couldn't be Allen High School.

Frickin' Allen HS just pulled off a frickin' double this weekend. Won the 6A football and 6A basketball titles in the same year. That's hard to do in 6A!

But, they should...they are the largest 6A high school in Texas by over 1000 students. And, when you add in Plano, one little area in the metroplex has all the high schools of over 5,000 students in it.

Enrollments for 2018 realignment
1. Allen 6,664
2. Plano West 5,654
3. Plano East 5,342
4. Plano 5,197

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beaty-Kansas
Sitake-BYU
Odom-Missouri
Holgerson-WVU
Fedora-North Carolina
Predicting what Missouri will do is complete waste of time and effort.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I get the Lovie hate.

He's only been there 2 years to a team completely devoid of talent. Champagne isn't the easiest place to recruit to either. What did people expect, that any good coach could just show up there and make it rain titles?

I don't get this fire everybody mentality people seem to have of coaches that haven't been in their jobs a minimum of 4 years.

Because of expectations. The guy was highly touted when hired and he is 5-19, in 2 years time.
If a coach is at a place that is difficult to recruit he better know what the hell he is doing. He better
know how to coach. Because he ain't gonna get the top kids.

Does Illinois want to become Jim Grobe and Wake Forest? Redshirt every frosh. Start 5th-year
seniors every year and have a winning season every 4th year or so? If that is their expectation,
so be it.

Bill Snyder took over Kansas State, not exactly a recruiting metro, and the school had a 35.0%
winning pct for their history. He went 1-10 his first year. His 2nd year he got them to 5-6.
Upward movement and the first time they had won 5 games The first time they had won that
many in 7 years and only the 2nd time in 15 years. Since then they have won over 70% of
their games.

Smith went 3-9 and then 2-10. That's the wrong direction.

Smith is an NFL coach lost at the collegiate level. It is impossible to run NFL schemes with
Illinois talent. They need a college coach.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of expectations. The guy was highly touted when hired and he is 5-19, in 2 years time.
If a coach is at a place that is difficult to recruit he better know what the hell he is doing. He better
know how to coach. Because he ain't gonna get the top kids.

Does Illinois want to become Jim Grobe and Wake Forest? Redshirt every frosh. Start 5th-year
seniors every year and have a winning season every 4th year or so? If that is their expectation,
so be it.

Bill Snyder took over Kansas State, not exactly a recruiting metro, and the school had a 35.0%
winning pct for their history. He went 1-10 his first year. His 2nd year he got them to 5-6.
Upward movement and the first time they had won 5 games The first time they had won that
many in 7 years and only the 2nd time in 15 years. Since then they have won over 70% of
their games.

Smith went 3-9 and then 2-10. That's the wrong direction.

Smith is an NFL coach lost at the collegiate level. It is impossible to run NFL schemes with
Illinois talent. They need a college coach.

Point taken, but Snyder also scheduled a bunch of patsies to pad that record.

Illinois is Illinois. Much like Kansas, they shouldn't have lofty expectations of who they can hire. Lovie may not work out, but the question always comes to, WHO are they going to reasonably replace him with?

If a guy is bad for the job, he's bad for the job. But if you can't improve on him, you need to reconsider......I'm not sure they are prepared to make a good offer to a quality coach. But I agree Lovie is an NFL coach.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've learned my lesson wishing away Lloyd and seeing what has happened to programs like Nebraska and LSU....I'm not going to ask for a coach who wins 9+ games a year to be fired. I'm going to be annoyed on any given year with the losses and hope we can catch a break. If you're at that level, it really just takes one elite player to throw you over the edge (see OU this year). I think we've gotten into this cycle in modern CFB where if your coach isn't winning a national title in 3 years people want them fired.

I'm just going to point this out, but Dabo was 25-16 in his first 3 full seasons at Clemson. Sometimes it just takes a few years to get things going.

Georgia fired a coach who was good for 9-10 wins most every year. 2 years later, they're in OT playing for a natty.