• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Regular Season Thread

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone enlighten me as to why Buck let Davis face the lefty Rzepczynski with 2 outs in the 9th with Jones on the bench???
Probably thought that Davis can hit one out at any point. Plus, he's one of Buck's boys, so he's always going to get way more chances than a guy like Kim or Gentry, etc...

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF Anthony Santander (Rule 5 pick) will be activated from 60-Day DL on Thursday August 17th; OF Joey Rickard will be optioned to minors, the team announced.

I guess Rickard will be in AAA until Sept. Surprised they didn't cut Gentry.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great road trip...4-6 against 2 of the 3 teams were fighting for a wildcard spot. 8 teams within 3 games of the wildcard. Need a good home stretch.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles announced that infielder Ruben Tejada has cleared waivers and been assigned outright to Triple-A Norfolk. Tejada’s removal from the roster clears way for Ryan Flaherty, who has been reinstated from the disabled list, according to the team.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny did go off on Friday night.

However, losing another series to a team in the wildcard hunt. The O's are now 4 games out of the second wildcard and have 7 teams in front of them.

They are going to have to go on a solid winning steak. Not many games left.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let's go ahead and call it a season.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to go ahead and get rid of the ones not going to be back next year . on the minor front the o's have outfielders cup is over hays leads the way 31 hr 90 rbi needs to be in the bigs he plays all 3 spots . Harvey has his stuff back high 90 s 14 inn scoreless at low a atm plan is he pitch 3 or 4 innings each start at end of season he will be sent home for a regular off season . so he could be pitching in the bigs next year he is recovering from tj . gausman , bundy and hunter is a great start for next year .

jj back at short oh my ????????

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to go ahead and get rid of the ones not going to be back next year

I agree with this. Minus well cut Tillman, Jimenez, and Hardy. I rather see Tyler Wilson(or any other kid) throwing than Tillman at this point.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Orioles closer Zach Britton saw his incredible saves streak come to an end yesterday, and he’s now headed for an MRI on his left knee, writes MLB.com’s Mandy Bell. The O’s called the MRI a precautionary measure and noted that Britton, who has dealt with on-and-off knee issues for years, would have had one before season’s end even without the blown save. “Gosh, I probably had [the injury] since like 2014,” said Britton. “I got my cleats stuck one time in Toronto on their turf, and it’s something that was kind of bothering me.” Britton said he’s pitched through the issue for three years and plans to travel with the team after today’s off-day."

Well there goes any trade value he had. Hopefully he can bounce back for next year.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to go ahead and get rid of the ones not going to be back next year . on the minor front the o's have outfielders cup is over hays leads the way 31 hr 90 rbi needs to be in the bigs he plays all 3 spots . Harvey has his stuff back high 90 s 14 inn scoreless at low a atm plan is he pitch 3 or 4 innings each start at end of season he will be sent home for a regular off season . so he could be pitching in the bigs next year he is recovering from tj . gausman , bundy and hunter is a great start for next year .

jj back at short oh my ????????
Kind of surprised that they wouldn't let Harvey throw a little bit in the Arizona Fall League.

JJ should be relegated to backup for the rest of the season unless Beckham gets hurt. If he comes back and starts immediately and often over Beckham, Buck has lost his mind.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised that they wouldn't let Harvey throw a little bit in the Arizona Fall League.

JJ should be relegated to backup for the rest of the season unless Beckham gets hurt. If he comes back and starts immediately and often over Beckham, Buck has lost his mind..

just like tilly buck will stay with jj out of respect . the o's need to bring up wright , Wilson and all the arms on the 40 man . so when miley , waldo , and tilly suck a quick hook . if it looks like we going to make playoffs we need to save bundy for it . i'm thinking castro for starter next year . while other look on the outside we need to look in ward . wells at low a I think I saw he has a long streak with no walks shit we are lucky to find one with 9 innings . our minors other says sucks but look at bowies outfield . before someone jumps in wells is at low a . he is a control pitcher with control he should start in the bigs next year because we need someone that can control the ball . yes he is a 20 yo lefty 65 innings no bb and going and leads the sal league in almost everything but maybe k's 130 inn and only 10 bb need to trade him South Atlantic League 2017 Pitching Leaders | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we have 33 games left how many can we win ? let's go o's

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like tilly buck will stay with jj out of respect . the o's need to bring up wright , Wilson and all the arms on the 40 man . so when miley , waldo , and tilly suck a quick hook . if it looks like we going to make playoffs we need to save bundy for it . i'm thinking castro for starter next year . while other look on the outside we need to look in ward . wells at low a I think I saw he has a long streak with no walks shit we are lucky to find one with 9 innings . our minors other says sucks but look at bowies outfield . before someone jumps in wells is at low a . he is a control pitcher with control he should start in the bigs next year because we need someone that can control the ball . yes he is a 20 yo lefty 65 innings no bb and going and leads the sal league in almost everything but maybe k's 130 inn and only 10 bb need to trade him South Atlantic League 2017 Pitching Leaders | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
I wish it Buck would go with whomever the hot hand is. Now through the end of the season isn't the time to play guys because you respect them, (unless you're so far ahead and guaranteed a playoff spot or already long since eliminated) especially if you're still in contention for a playoff spot. You put the nine guys out on the field that you think will give you the best chance to win the game. Right now, JJ isn't that guy and I believe Beckham is.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense saved Tillman last night. 5 in a row. Need to take 2 of 3 from Seattle.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow a rested bullpen have them warming in the first . a friggin bunt for a hit . watch out mountcastle is getting hot at aa another pure hitter

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimenez puts up a 6 spot in 2 innings. Rather has Castro start.