• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Regular Season Thread

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Buck ever explain why he put Trumbo out in RF when there are four guys on the roster right now (Hays, Rickard, Gentry and Smith) that are much better than him. Trumbo is nothing more than a DH/1B. I hate seeing him in the OF.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Buck ever explain why he put Trumbo out in RF when there are four guys on the roster right now (Hays, Rickard, Gentry and Smith) that are much better than him. Trumbo is nothing more than a DH/1B. I hate seeing him in the OF.

At this point buck should be playing the kids. How many at bats has Sisco had since being called up? Not going to make the playoffs with Davis + Trumbo combine for 5 strikeouts in a game.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point buck should be playing the kids. How many at bats has Sisco had since being called up? Not going to make the playoffs with Davis + Trumbo combine for 5 strikeouts in a game.
With Castillo probably out for a few games or so, Buck might be forced to play Sisco. But we all know that Buck will stick with his favorites no matter what.
Just imagine if Davis wasn't hurt and played in those games that he missed. At his current strikeout rate, he'd easily get the record for most strikeouts in a season.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Checks the box score]

Seriously... the season is over. The Orioles might as well tank all remaining games to jump-start the rebuilding process (71-91 should be good enough for the #6 pick).

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Buck Showalter failure

Bundy was dealing. Buck feels the need to get his bullpen work when Bundy has only thrown 89 pitches/8K/1ER.

He wasnt hurt. He is not old. He was barely even touched in the last few innings.

Buck pulls him for no reason other than Buck's genius to have someone else pitch the 7th.
Even Still, Givens strikes out the 7th. He looked Flawless on 11 total pitches.

Then buck feels the need to make yet another change....Brad Brach....the dude who fails in every pressure spot
Brach's expected screw-up (which doesnt show up in the stats column) forces Britton to pitch the 8th.

Britton is not a guy who is comfortable pitching the 8th and 9th. He never should have done so.

Game over Buck.

I am so tired of this fucking so-called Genius Showalter.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the pitching does good, the offense goes into the tank. When the offense does good, the pitching goes into the tank. And then there's times when they both go into the tank.
This was the worst time to go into a slump losing 7 of 8. I think that this season is slowly slipping away. There needs to be some major changes this offseason because if both Dumpster Dan and Buck think that this core is going to lead us to a World Series, they are both very delusional.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Printable_Schedule2018.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point of playing Smith, Rickard, Gentry, Trumbo, and Mancini in the OF?

Adam Jones is a Baltimore Guy. He means a lot to the community and is the only guy who is an A defender.
He is a bit over-rated offensively, but he is the team captain and spokesperson club house leader etc...etc..

The other guys?? They are either average defenders (Smith) or well below average horrible defenders (Mancini).
Many of them are on the wrong side of 30 and wont be here next year anyways.

Our best prospect AUSTIN HAYES is just sitting there watching. What is he hoping to learn from Rickard?
Buck is wasting the start of his service clock countdown eligibility for no apparent reason.

#BUCKFAVORITES

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point of playing Smith, Rickard, Gentry, Trumbo, and Mancini in the OF?

Adam Jones is a Baltimore Guy. He means a lot to the community and is the only guy who is an A defender.
He is a bit over-rated offensively, but he is the team captain and spokesperson club house leader etc...etc..

The other guys?? They are either average defenders (Smith) or well below average horrible defenders (Mancini).
Many of them are on the wrong side of 30 and wont be here next year anyways.

Our best prospect AUSTIN HAYES is just sitting there watching. What is he hoping to learn from Rickard?
Buck is wasting the start of his service clock countdown eligibility for no apparent reason.

#BUCKFAVORITES

Buck ALWAYS favors the vets rather than rookies. He rather play Davis, Trumbo, and Smith everything instead of Hays or Sisco.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck ALWAYS favors the vets rather than rookies. He rather play Davis, Trumbo, and Smith everything instead of Hays or Sisco.
see how well miley did I can't wait for the season to be over . to get rid of all the trash

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling they'll pick up Miley option and say "he's a good innings eater"

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling they'll pick up Miley option and say "he's a good innings eater"
i'm tired of innings eaters that only go 5 innings . I like tilly but he would have to be dirt cheap before I would bring him back . wonder what dumb ass they bring in next year ? good to see sisco get off the bench him and caleb can do the job next year . our off season will be we sign a pitcher that at one time was good and with one foot in the grave . but then again we want need outfielders like smith , and want be looking for a shortstop . wonder if we could get someone to take davis and Trumbo ? I would rather go Santander for dh boom boom back to first mullins plus hays and we need no one please please let ryan go . britton is a hard call I think his knee is a problem and should be shut down to fix it or rest it for next year . lets go o's

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm tired of innings eaters that only go 5 innings . I like tilly but he would have to be dirt cheap before I would bring him back . wonder what dumb ass they bring in next year ? good to see sisco get off the bench him and caleb can do the job next year . our off season will be we sign a pitcher that at one time was good and with one foot in the grave . but then again we want need outfielders like smith , and want be looking for a shortstop . wonder if we could get someone to take davis and Trumbo ? I would rather go Santander for dh boom boom back to first mullins plus hays and we need no one please please let ryan go . britton is a hard call I think his knee is a problem and should be shut down to fix it or rest it for next year . lets go o's

I don't want Miley back either I just feel like they know they need pitching so they'll pick him up.

Sisco and Joseph should be catchers next season.

Right I wouldn't mind a platoon of Rickard, Santander, and Hays.

No team is going to touch Davis and his massive contract. Trumbo someone may take because he contract isn't massive.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dam hays has a cannon !!!!! no way he isn't in our outfield next year !!!!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dam hays has a cannon !!!!! no way he isn't in our outfield next year !!!!!
I'm sure that won't be an issue since I'd be surprised if both Smith and Gentry were back next year. Rickard can be a backup.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that won't be an issue since I'd be surprised if both Smith and Gentry were back next year. Rickard can be a backup.
they'll want a lefty but they look good vs anyone meaning boom boom and hays

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll want a lefty but they look good vs anyone meaning boom boom and hays
Maybe they'll get their wish after next year since Jones will be a free agent. Hopefully Yaz will be ready for a promotion sometime next year or in 2019.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outfield next year should be Jones, Hays, and Manchini with Rickard 4th OF.

This off season they need to get legit starting pitching. Not picking up Miley option and saying they got pitching help.