• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lakers Off Season Thread

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is really ironic, is how Aldridge and Howard worked out for their teams after blowing off the Lakers. Howard got traded and now San Antonio wants to dump Aldridge. I love it!!

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he played much better defense under Luke, he was a tireless goof, the perpetual clown. I do believe there is a place and time to be loose and carefree, however there are far more times that sort of attitude just had a bad look when the team continually struggled to get better.

Nick_Young_celebrates_3_point_miss.gif

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nick Young news is good. Not a fan of his on my team. He's entertaining as hell to watch on another team though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is really ironic, is how Aldridge and Howard worked out for their teams after blowing off the Lakers. Howard got traded and now San Antonio wants to dump Aldridge. I love it!!

Moral of the story:

If the Lakers want you...you had better play for them or else.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a random thought, but if we dont get a sg on 1 and 1 deal this year...I'd like to see Nwaba start at the 2

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors floating about Boston having a deal in place for PG13 (with a 3 year extension) if they can land Hayward first. Of course, one of the two tweets has been deleted and the account closed. Was that the originator of the rumor, or a piggy-back?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors floating about Boston having a deal in place for PG13 (with a 3 year extension) if they can land Hayward first. Of course, one of the two tweets has been deleted and the account closed. Was that the originator of the rumor, or a piggy-back?

I saw them. Never heard of the guy that put out the tweets. However, Zach Lowe has mentioned a couple of times over the last couple of weeks about Boston wanting Hayward and George and that George would be open to playing there because he likes Hayward. So if Lowe is saying it, there's certainly some smoke there.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Stern Says Mitch Kupchak Kept Lakers from Making 2011 Chris Paul Trade

I missed this.....it's total BS. That trade was all but going down if not for Stern and Gilbert.
Pure revisionist history DJ...

Stern is such a fool....

Stern blamed former Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak for the team failing to land Paul:

And in fact, in the course of the weekend, we thought we could re-do the deal. We really thought that Houston would be ready to part with Kyle Lowry; and we had a trade lined up for [Lamar] Odom that would have gotten us a good first-round draft pick. Not we, but my basketball folks. But [Kupchack] at the time panicked, and moved Odom to Dallas. So the piece wasn't even there for us to play with at the time. So that was it—just about what was good for the then New Orleans Hornets.
Stern must forget how the trade 'he', I mean 'they' as in his basketball folks :L vetoed, saw Lamar go into a tail spin, which lowered his trade value by the second. Hard to imagine any deal announced then taken back, able to be redone so one party can get a better deal.

Just doesn't make sense, and I really didn't think Stern could look any worse over this whole ordeal but this is a bad look, with him pointing fingers at a guy who on the job market (I believe).

Learn to STFU David!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Stern Says Mitch Kupchak Kept Lakers from Making 2011 Chris Paul Trade

I missed this.....it's total BS. That trade was all but going down if not for Stern and Gilbert.

Pure revisionist history DJ...

Stern is such a fool....

Stern must forget how the trade 'he', I mean 'they' as in his basketball folks :L vetoed, saw Lamar go into a tail spin, which lowered his trade value by the second. Hard to imagine any deal announced then taken back, able to be redone so one party can get a better deal.

Just doesn't make sense, and I really didn't think Stern could look any worse over this whole ordeal but this is a bad look, with him pointing fingers at a guy who on the job market (I believe).

Learn to STFU David!

This is at least the 3rd and possibly the 4th different explanation that Stern has put out there re: vetoing this trade.

At this point, it seems pretty clear that he knows he had a conflict of interest and stepped into something he never should have.

But, instead of just saying something like "Yeah, in hindsight, I never should have stepped in. I regret that decision" He just wants to keep throwing out different spins to see if he can come up with something that people will actually buy.

Honestly, if he were just to admit that he screwed up, I'd have a lot more respect for him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG13 gets traded to OKC and they have a year to convince him to stay. I predicted that wherever George was going to go, it was going to be for just one year. I think he plays one year for OKC and then bolts to LA.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG13 gets traded to OKC and they have a year to convince him to stay. I predicted that wherever George was going to go, it was going to be for just one year. I think he plays one year for OKC and then bolts to LA.
Ram I agree. I am glad it was not Cleveland or Boston. They had a better chance to convince him to stay imo then OKC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that too, Vita. I fully suspect PG13 to be a Laker in 2018 and perhaps Westbrook will see the wisdom of following him to LA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you on Westbrook.
Yeah, adding the Leagues MVP at the 1 or 2 spot would be a terrible idea.

Now if he was a Trojan, I'm thinking he would be a perfect fit. :lol:

Just messing around tf, but since I'm on the topic, I'm thinking SC has a pretty good shot at the PAC CBB Conference Title this year.

They were pretty good last year, and they are bringing EVERYONE back.

Look out!