• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lakers Off Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are in the minority on Russell IMO. That's ok. IMO Russell is not the best player on the lakers. He is wildly inconsistant. He will give you 20 points one night and 2 the next.

While I do agree with much of this, to be fair, he was a lot more consistent once he was moved to the 2 spot full time. We actually started seeing more of the guy we thought we were getting.

He is not a leader IMO. He may grow into one, but at this point I don't see it. If he was the point guard, we had hoped he would be, then I would say he is untouchable.

To be fair, not a lot of 20 year olds are great leaders. In his defense, he says the right things and seems to want to be a leader. He just needs to mature, which should come with time.

And you loss me at Randle being expendable. What??? Randle is a beast!! and getting better. He and Ingram are valuable members of this young team. No one is trying to throw away Russell. If he is our two with Ball as the PG, I have no problem with that, but if we can get PG-13 for Russell, you do that in a heart beat.

Agree with most of this. I like Randle. I like his energy and his toughness. He bring an edge and a "won't back down from anyone" attitude that the Lakers need. However, he has his limitations. He is trying to develop an outside shot, but I don't think we'll ever see him evolve into being much better than he currently is. Also, his short arms can be a liability on defense at times, especially when it comes to rim protection. I see him as a very solid player. I think his ceiling is probably Zac Randolph level, which is pretty darn good.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are in the minority on Russell IMO. That's ok. IMO Russell is not the best player on the lakers. He is wildly inconsistant. He will give you 20 points one night and 2 the next. He is not a leader IMO. He may grow into one, but at this point I don't see it. If he was the point guard, we had hoped he would be, then I would say he is untouchable. Clarkson is not totally expendable. He is a good six man off the bench. Players with his versitility don't grow on trees!!! And you loss me at Randle being expendable. What??? Randle is a beast!! and getting better. He and Ingram are valuable members of this young team. No one is trying to throw away Russell. If he is our two with Ball as the PG, I have no problem with that, but if we can get PG-13 for Russell, you do that in a heart beat.

Russell was "wildly inconsistent" but you think Randle is a beast, despite the fact that you can make an easy argument his main issue is he doesn't bring it every night. You want Clarkson because of his versatility when he's nothing more than a score first 6th man yet Russell can literally be either a starting PG or 2 guard. Come on now. Russell is the best player they have. It's why he's likely the one Indy would want in a trade for George and LA should resist as much as possible. He's a modern day combo guard in the same mold (style, not talent) of Curry, Harden, Lillard, Thomas, Westbrook and many others. I'm just tired seeing fans trash this dude like he's some bum because he doesn't fit the PG mold of 15 years ago or isn't dropping 25 and 10 already or whatever nonsense reason. Hell, idiots were calling him a bust 2 months into his career yet you didn't see any of those people make a peep when Ingram stunk the joint out for 95% of the year (seriously, his numbers were dreadful).

I know I'm projecting here. This rant is more directed at this notion on Russell than it is at you or anyone else. It just triggered because I saw similar sentiments in yours and trojan's posts that I've seen elsewhere. People need to appreciate Russell a hell of a lot more than they do. He's a good player that's right on track to develop into a great one. He should be the last player LA should push to the middle of the hypothetical trade table. Push come to shove, yeah, you trade him for George. If you're being realistic, that should also true with any player on the Lakers roster. But it seems like any time the topic comes up, everyone is more than willing to dump Russell. They need pause on that

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be higher up on Russell than some, I mean it feels like I've been defending him since the Lakers drafted him, but I'm for keeping him this year. If we get some blow away trade offer than so be it, but he improved when Lou got traded, and I get weary of determine what guys with potential will be after 1 or 2 years.
Also, we shouldn't be trading for George. It's a tremendously risky move, but my worry is that we trade for him, he has a middling year with the young guys, and then looks elsewhere

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou Williams is probably available if the Lakers want true sixth man off the bench.. I think he signed a one year deal with Houston.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou Williams is probably available if the Lakers want true sixth man off the bench.. I think he signed a one year deal with Houston.

Free agent in 2018 (1 year left at $7M for next season).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be higher up on Russell than some, I mean it feels like I've been defending him since the Lakers drafted him, but I'm for keeping him this year. If we get some blow away trade offer than so be it, but he improved when Lou got traded, and I get weary of determine what guys with potential will be after 1 or 2 years.
Also, we shouldn't be trading for George. It's a tremendously risky move, but my worry is that we trade for him, he has a middling year with the young guys, and then looks elsewhere

He was also playing off the ball at SG after Lou got traded. That might be what gets him comfortable. As a PG, the ball tends to stick with him too much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also playing off the ball at SG after Lou got traded. That might be what gets him comfortable. As a PG, the ball tends to stick with him too much.

Yeah, Luke moved him to the 2 spot and he looked a lot more like the guy we thought we were getting. He looked much more comfortable and confident. As a PG, he's a "score first" PG, which isn't what Luke's offense needs. He had a lot of trouble understanding when it was time to look for his shot and when it was time to facilitate.

With that burden off of him, he was able to play more freely and it showed. The difference between "thinking the game" and "just playing the game."

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Luke moved him to the 2 spot and he looked a lot more like the guy we thought we were getting. He looked much more comfortable and confident. As a PG, he's a "score first" PG, which isn't what Luke's offense needs. He had a lot of trouble understanding when it was time to look for his shot and when it was time to facilitate.

With that burden off of him, he was able to play more freely and it showed. The difference between "thinking the game" and "just playing the game."

Russell at 2 with Ball seems like a good idea. Russell can concentrate on shooting, he should become a much better and a more consistent player.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell at 2 with Ball seems like a good idea. Russell can concentrate on shooting, he should become a much better and a more consistent player.

We will probably not see this since Russell, might have just fucked up big time with his stay here in LA, with his latest twitter incident. Clearly he does not like the idea of not being the PG if Ball is drafted by us.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will probably not see this since Russell, might have just fucked up big time with his stay here in LA, with his latest twitter incident. Clearly he does not like the idea of not being the PG if Ball is drafted by us.

What did that idiot do now?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You talking about where he liked a tweet of some dude saying how good he was and that LA didn't need to draft Ball?

Who gives a flying fuck. It's a Twitter like. He liked a dude paying him a compliment, not some Neo Nazi parade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about where he liked a tweet of some dude saying how good he was and that LA didn't need to draft Ball?

Who gives a flying fuck. It's a Twitter like. He liked a dude paying him a compliment, not some Neo Nazi parade.

Is that all it was? Shit, the way some folks were talking, it sounded like he ripped Lonzo in a tweet.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't rip anybody, but every little incident childish shit he does, shows, he just doesn't learn. Guy's in the locker room don't like him. We all now why? And I am sure Magic is going to have a short leash on his ass. And if the right deal comes along his gone.

Last edited: