• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Fantasy rookie class News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's still Cooks, Mixon, Foreman, and probably a host of others they'll target in rounds 2, they will be adding competition.. And like the competition has done 3 years running, they'll eventually take his job
true

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local boys here are beginning to concede they won't have a shot at him at 20.. no Romo, no McAffrey, now they're trying to chat up reaching for a tackle like it'll be a good thing. I do believe a small dose of reality is finally setting in around Broncos country

I'm a bit surprised he's being projected to go that high. Seems a little undersized to be a workhorse, think the best comparison is Sporles IMO. As for the Broncos, their in a tough spot, need two of the hardest things to find better OL and QB. Guess it's early to write Lynch off, but surely isn't encouraging if he can't unseat Siemian, maybe this season he actually becomes the starter?

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
msybe they love seaman

Has he been impressive? Since I got Sanders in D1, I would love to see Siemian develop into something a lot better, but don't see it at all.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised he's being projected to go that high. Seems a little undersized to be a workhorse, think the best comparison is Sporles IMO. As for the Broncos, their in a tough spot, need two of the hardest things to find better OL and QB. Guess it's early to write Lynch off, but surely isn't encouraging if he can't unseat Seiman, maybe this season he actually becomes the starter?

msybe they love seaman

Has he been impressive? Since I got Sanders in D1, I would love to see Seimen develop into something a lot better, but don't see it at all.

Well, they're "content" with Simien, and no they're not even rumored to be going after any of the bigger names at QB, although, with no Romo in the cards, they may start exploring Kaeps, don't forget they were close to trading for him last year at this time.
As for his developmental prospects, his upper most ceiling is Alex Smith. He's an intelligent QB, that given enough experience would be a very safe game manager, and can most likely win plenty of games on the right team, but he's never going to be the guy that elevates anyone around him. He might even drag them down a bit, especially outside receivers

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they're "content" with Simien, and no they're not even rumored to be going after any of the bigger names at QB, although, with no Romo in the cards, they may start exploring Kaeps, don't forget they were close to trading for him last year at this time.
As for his developmental prospects, his upper most ceiling is Alex Smith. He's an intelligent QB, that given enough experience would be a very safe game manager, and can most likely win plenty of games on the right team, but he's never going to be the guy that elevates anyone around him. He might even drag them down a bit, especially outside receivers

I would not be surprised to see Lynch as the starter at some point in 2017 -actually shocked if he's not. He's a Elway Rd 1 pick, Siemen was not. Kaep I just don't see there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised to see Lynch as the starter at some point in 2017 -actually shocked if he's not. He's a Elway Rd 1 pick, Siemen was not. Kaep I just don't see there.
You would think they would really want Lynch to be the starter, if he isn't, his future not to bright. After all it's not like he has Brett Favre blocking him from being the starter. Think Treff nailed it when he said Alex Smith was Siemian ceiling.

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents:

My guess is that the Broncos figured that their defense was still good enough to get them a Super Bowl win. They may have rightly assessed that Lynch was still not ready, so with a strong D, they probably wanted to run the ball with Anderson and turned to Siemian with the hopes that he'd be a "game manager."

Broncos were 6-2 in the their first 8 games.

Then Anderson went down. Siemian started to implode. Things went south in a hurry.
And I'm sure Treff laughed and laughed.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents:

My guess is that the Broncos figured that their defense was still good enough to get them a Super Bowl win. They may have rightly assessed that Lynch was still not ready, so with a strong D, they probably wanted to run the ball with Anderson and turned to Siemian with the hopes that he'd be a "game manager."

Broncos were 6-2 in the their first 8 games.

Then Anderson went down. Siemian started to implode. Things went south in a hurry.
And I'm sure Treff laughed and laughed.
You're God damn right I did.

I'd put their 6-2 start more on the schedule than anything to do with CJ, they beat exactly one team during that stretch who ended up better than .500, that being T.B., in fact, if you negate the win over Oakland and their 3rd string QB in week 17, they only won two games all season against a team with a winning record.. they were a farce all season long

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're God damn right I did.

I'd put their 6-2 start more on the schedule than anything to do with CJ, they beat exactly one team during that stretch who ended up better than .500, that being T.B., in fact, if you negate the win over Oakland and their 3rd string QB in week 17, they only won two games all season against a team with a winning record.. they were a farce all season long
The defense is the only thing that scares people right now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is the only thing that scares people right now.
And its only getting a year older, Talib could fall off a cliff, and Von Miller isn't the same disruptive force without Ware on the other side, and if he's not wreaking havoc, the entire D isn't nearly as effective. They'd better find/ develop another pass rusher if they want the D to remain a dominating force rather than just be petty good

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its only getting a year older, Talib could fall off a cliff, and Von Miller isn't the same disruptive force without Ware on the other side, and if he's not wreaking havoc, the entire D isn't nearly as effective. They'd better find/ develop another pass rusher if they want the D to remain a dominating force rather than just be petty good
Ray has been coming along well. They need to score points to force the issue. If they arent scoring points the same pressure doesnt exist for the other team's offense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's still Cooks, Mixon, Foreman, and probably a host of others they'll target in rounds 2, they will be adding competition.. And like the competition has done 3 years running, they'll eventually take his job

Yet hes still the guy

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette 'even in play' for Browns at No. 1
12132.jpg

After talking with numerous "football people," CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports LSU RB Leonard Fournette is "even in play" for the Browns at No. 1 overall.

We're not buying it, but La Canfora says multiple executives and scouts types have brought up the possibility of Fournette going No. 1. The Browns' analytically-driven front office has many outside-the-box thinkers, but taking a running back with the top pick even seems like a stretch. It would be a stunner if the selection wasn't edge rusher Myles Garrett. Fournette's stock continues to rise with less than three weeks until draft day. He may be a top-five pick.
Source: CBS Sports
Apr 10 - 10:22 AM

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events? I am not sure I buy it but that is pretty crazy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not buying that garbage.
Someone is trying to get someone else to feel like they have to jump that far (top 5 pick) to land Fournette.

Who would benefit from this info outside of LF and his agent?
anyone trying to get clicks heading into draft day or a team looking to trade OUT of the top 5.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette 'even in play' for Browns at No. 1
12132.jpg

After talking with numerous "football people," CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports LSU RB Leonard Fournette is "even in play" for the Browns at No. 1 overall.

We're not buying it, but La Canfora says multiple executives and scouts types have brought up the possibility of Fournette going No. 1. The Browns' analytically-driven front office has many outside-the-box thinkers, but taking a running back with the top pick even seems like a stretch. It would be a stunner if the selection wasn't edge rusher Myles Garrett. Fournette's stock continues to rise with less than three weeks until draft day. He may be a top-five pick.
Source: CBS Sports
Apr 10 - 10:22 AM

I love how it mentions analytics as being outside the box but not that an analytically based FO would never take a RB with the first pick.