• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs get: Derrick Favors

Bulls get: Frye (expiring), Osman, Cavs 1st

Jazz get: Mirotic

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t seen a lot of him. Is he worth giving up a 1st rounder?

I think so. He's like Tristan Thompson, just slightly less durable, MUCH better at rim protection, and has something to offer offensively.

My only worry is this would make it so the Cavs couldn't trade the BKN pick if another trade opportunity came along. But... they could still do a pick swap with it least, or a deal where they get someone's late-1st rounder back. They just can't end up with no 1st round picks.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs announce Kawhi out indefinitely again.

Geez.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. He's like Tristan Thompson, just slightly less durable, MUCH better at rim protection, and has something to offer offensively.

My only worry is this would make it so the Cavs couldn't trade the BKN pick if another trade opportunity came along. But... they could still do a pick swap with it least, or a deal where they get someone's late-1st rounder back. They just can't end up with no 1st round picks.

Why not give up TT instead of the pick? Then they still have the 1st rounder for another player

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But, sometimes a not so happy camper can infect a team in a bad way. Not saying he's there yet but he could in another season or 2 as he sees their inabiliy to truly compete in the WC.

True. But it is likely to be easier to build around AD than Boogie. Because AD is locked up until 2021, they have time to build around him.

Now, in a couple of seasons, if they haven't improved, then they should look to move him so he doesn't walk away for nothing.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not give up TT instead of the pick? Then they still have the 1st rounder for another player

Yeah, that'd be a lot better for the Cavs, but I don't think it would get the deal done. TT isn't much of an assett if at all right now. We'd have to give picks to get someone to take on TT right now.

His contract isn't as horrible as people make it out to be, but its certainly not favorable either, especially with the way he's been playing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At their peaks, I think Favors is considerably better than TT. But Favors is much streakier in that you don't really know what he's going to bring on a nightly basis. He's got a really solid offensive game. His rim protection I agree is much better, but TT I think is the more well rounded defender.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the 1st round pick is an asset and TT and his contract are not?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At their peaks, I think Favors is considerably better than TT. But Favors is much streakier in that you don't really know what he's going to bring on a nightly basis. He's got a really solid offensive game. His rim protection I agree is much better, but TT I think is the more well rounded defender.

Yeah, I think thats fair. Rim protection is a major issue for the Cavs right now, so thats a reason I would be happy to get him.

And like you said, the upside of what he could be is much better. The Cavs would probably hope that playing for a contender alongside LeBron and Love would be just what he would need to bring out the best in him. That's no guarantee it would happen though of course.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, when the Cavs signed TT to that contract, I think we all knew that he was only worth that much to the Cavs because, with their cap situation, they had no way to get a guy who was as good for less money. No one else was going to pay him like that.

It's looks like we were correct.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TT is still young, not a terrible contract. At this point the Cavs just don’t have a real use for him. The 1st for Favors is way too much imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when the Cavs signed TT to that contract, I think we all knew that he was only worth that much to the Cavs because, with their cap situation, they had no way to get a guy who was as good for less money. No one else was going to pay him like that.

It's looks like we were correct.

Well in the bigger picture, TT is useless for the Cavs, meaning against the Warriors. He is srill a valuable asset and his contract isnt that bad. Now Mozgov’s contract is terrible lol