• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is still young, not a terrible contract. At this point the Cavs just don’t have a real use for him. The 1st for Favors is way too much imo

It is when you consider what TT's upside is. He's currently averaging 5 pts, 5.9 rpg and 0.3 BPG. Even if he doubles that, is he worth 17M a year?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a terrible defeat.

Orlando entered this game at 4-27 since the 8-4 start to their year.

I would join in, but the Cavs play the Magic tomorrow. I'll save my comments for another time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is still young, not a terrible contract. At this point the Cavs just don’t have a real use for him. The 1st for Favors is way too much imo
12 and 7 in 28 minutes is not bad.

He has more Offensive upside than Thompson and is only 26.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the bigger picture, TT is useless for the Cavs, meaning against the Warriors. He is srill a valuable asset and his contract isnt that bad. Now Mozgov’s contract is terrible lol

What makes you think it's not that bad? The line of teams that is forming to offer the Cavs a trade? :noidea:

Unless it's expiring, TT's contract is a terrible contract. There's simply no way around that. Only the Cavs were going to pay him that much and they only did it because they had no choice.

There are many players as good or better than TT that make significantly less. If they had a a way to do it, the Cavs would have done it rather than pay TT what they are. There wasn't, so now, unless they can swindle someone, they're stuck.

I agree that it isn't Mozgov level bad, but it's still terrible and so far, appears to be less movable than Mozgov's turned out to be.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klohe (or however you spell her name) wants him.
Uh, she got his ass for the next 18 years.

Kanye said it best...

18 years, 18 years

She got one of your kids, got you for 18 years
I know somebody paying child support for one of his kids
His baby mamma car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV any given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was supposed to buy your shorty TYCO with your money
She went to the doctor got lipo with your money
She walking around looking like Michael with your money
Should've got that insured got GEICO for your money, money, money
If you ain't no punk holla we want prenup
WE WANT PRENUP! Yeah
It's something that you need to have
'Cause when she leave yo ass she gon' leave with half
18 years, 18 years
And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....

If the Nets pick turns into Ayton, Trae Young?

Sure.

But, they are winning.

So, it would be crazy to take that chance even if Whiteside is not the catalyst for that winning.

But, if it happened...

I would beg whomever I had to in order to get Wiggy reinstated...lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The chance of the Heat ever doing that deal to help Wade and James getting another title is slim to none.

That deal doesn't even make sense as the Heat are loaded at PF/C. They need guards more than anything.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chance of the Heat ever doing that deal to help Wade and James getting another title is slim to none.

That deal doesn't even make sense as the Heat are loaded at PF/C. They need guards more than anything.

Yeah, and the Heat aren't tanking, they're winning. Didn't make much sense to me from the Heat point of view.

I keep hearing Whiteside in trade stuff though. Is it just cause of the injury trouble? Is there anything there?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think it's not that bad? The line of teams that is forming to offer the Cavs a trade? :noidea:

Unless it's expiring, TT's contract is a terrible contract. There's simply no way around that. Only the Cavs were going to pay him that much and they only did it because they had no choice.

There are many players as good or better than TT that make significantly less. If they had a a way to do it, the Cavs would have done it rather than pay TT what they are. There wasn't, so now, unless they can swindle someone, they're stuck.

I agree that it isn't Mozgov level bad, but it's still terrible and so far, appears to be less movable than Mozgov's turned out to be.

Well, it's not the worst contract in the NBA. That's about the highest praise I can come up with.

Noah, Batum, Gallinari, Thompson, Evan Turner, Deng...

In order of worst to first...

I'll go...

Noah, Deng, Gallo, Batum, Thompson, Turner.

Batum is higher than some because he has 3 years after this one at 24-27 mil per and putting up 10 ppg, 4 beds, 5 dimes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and the Heat aren't tanking, they're winning. Didn't make much sense to me from the Heat point of view.

I keep hearing Whiteside in trade stuff though. Is it just cause of the injury trouble? Is there anything there?

More of a spacing issue. Offense seems to work better when Olynyk is on the floor with JJ or Bam. Him & Olynk doesn't seem to work well which had led Spo to replacing Olynyk with JJ in the lineup. Also when team go small at the end of the games, Spo usually matches up and go with Olynyk or Bam at C.

I honestly think Bam will be better than Whiteside in 2 years. Kid is already amazing on defense and a damn good passer. Once he work on his post moves & get a consistent mid range jump shot, I can see him avg 17,10, & 5 if he gets a chance to start.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs should pick up Tyrone Wallace after his days are up for the Clippers.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still gonna make the playoffs. But they better hope they draw the Blazers.