• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Bundesliga

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game, but just saw the hi-lights. That was quite a howler by Ulreich. WOW! Doesn't bode well for Bayern against PSG or anyone else until the freak returns...and he better stay healthy or they are doomed for this season.
Boateng's stellar play was the only bright spot for Bayern today.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boateng's stellar play was the only bright spot for Bayern today.

Oktoberfest this Saturday for the team and Ancelloti was asked if the players should limit their alcohol ahead of the PSG game? He answered it is not his responsibility. After this game, I would have said drink all you want.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dortmund is the best team in the Bundesliga. Man they can light up the net...even with all the injuries.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dortmund is the best team in the Bundesliga. Man they can light up the net...even with all the injuries.

Not to be a jerk, but do you just tell yourself that in an attempt to create imaginary drama to make the season seem interesting?

Bayern has won the Bundesliga now 5 years in a row, so its kinda tough to be on pins and needles here.

Again, not trying to get into a thing here and not knocking your fandom. Just an observation I'm making from the perspective of someone who is TRYING to get interested in Bundesliga, but really is finding it tough to read the book when I know how its going to end...

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a jerk, but do you just tell yourself that in an attempt to create imaginary drama to make the season seem interesting?

Bayern has won the Bundesliga now 5 years in a row, so its kinda tough to be on pins and needles here.

Again, not trying to get into a thing here and not knocking your fandom. Just an observation I'm making from the perspective of someone who is TRYING to get interested in Bundesliga, but really is finding it tough to read the book when I know how its going to end...

Have you even watched Bayern play this season? If you have, you wouldn't be saying all of.....that. Dortmund, with all of their injuries, are on fire right now. Will it last an entire season? Who knows. But thinking Bayern's just going to flip the switch and turn on the afterburners is just misguided.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took his post as meaning Dortmund is showing the best form thus far. Dortmund leads the table thus far and have an awesome attack. Bayern just lost Neuer until early 2018 (hopefully), and could only muster a draw against Wolfsburg, which is humiliating.

You would like Hoffenheim's play if you were to catch any of their matches. M'Gladbach has played decently as well thus far along with Leipzig.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you even watched Bayern play this season? If you have, you wouldn't be saying all of.....that. Dortmund, with all of their injuries, are on fire right now. Will it last an entire season? Who knows. But thinking Bayern's just going to flip the switch and turn on the afterburners is just misguided.

Watched them dismantle Schalke is all, and should probably point out that at #7, Schalke is higher on the table than ANYONE Borussia Dortmund has even played yet...

That would be the current position in the table of Dortmund's competition to date...

Slow your roll, seen this story a few too many times.

And if the biggest drama in the league is, "This MIGHT be the year that Bayern doesn't win the championship!!!", then your league has a problem. JMO.

Again, really not trying to disparage the league or anyone's fandom, I guess it just struck me odd that 6 games into the season Bayern is "In trouble" at 4-1-1 or something.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took his post as meaning Dortmund is showing the best form thus far. Dortmund leads the table thus far and have an awesome attack. Bayern just lost Neuer until early 2018 (hopefully), and could only muster a draw against Wolfsburg, which is humiliating.

Didn't think, "Is the best team in the Bundesliga" left a ton of room for interpretation... But okay. :)

I'll take Bayern to win the league this year. Ya'll take Dortmund. How much we putting on it? ;)

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think, "Is the best team in the Bundesliga" left a ton of room for interpretation... But okay. :)

I'll take Bayern to win the league this year. Ya'll take Dortmund. How much we putting on it? ;)
Barring major injuries, I'll take Dortmund to win it. While Bayern has been on a run the last 5 seasons, Dortmund does and has historically challenged them.

Neuer getting injured is huge for Bayern, he's saved them so much in the past few seasons and by himself is probably responsible for at least 12-15 points a season. They are aging, and while Robben is still dangerous, he's not as quick as he was and Ribery has been injury plagued the last few seasons. James has looked good when he's been in but for some reason Ancellotti hasn't been playing him as much as he probably should. And if you look back in the thread, it looks as if Vidal may be moving at the end of the season, as well as Lewandowski. Now I don't think they or anyone on Bayern would purposely tank any games, and Lewy will get his goals (I think he and Auby have a bet going) but also not sure if either will go "all out" and risk injury etc and losing a big move to RM, Man City, Man U etc.

Had Beaur stayed healthy, I think it would be close, but I think the points dropped between now and when he returns will be the difference and you can bet that BvB and RB Leipzig will take advantage to pull away.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring major injuries, I'll take Dortmund to win it. While Bayern has been on a run the last 5 seasons, Dortmund does and has historically challenged them.

Neuer getting injured is huge for Bayern, he's saved them so much in the past few seasons and by himself is probably responsible for at least 12-15 points a season. They are aging, and while Robben is still dangerous, he's not as quick as he was and Ribery has been injury plagued the last few seasons. James has looked good when he's been in but for some reason Ancellotti hasn't been playing him as much as he probably should. And if you look back in the thread, it looks as if Vidal may be moving at the end of the season, as well as Lewandowski. Now I don't think they or anyone on Bayern would purposely tank any games, and Lewy will get his goals (I think he and Auby have a bet going) but also not sure if either will go "all out" and risk injury etc and losing a big move to RM, Man City, Man U etc.

Had Beaur stayed healthy, I think it would be close, but I think the points dropped between now and when he returns will be the difference and you can bet that BvB and RB Leipzig will take advantage to pull away.

Cool... Gentlemen's bet. It'll give me SOME reason to pay attention I guess... As I stated early in the thread, I try to follow Schalke as my team, and they will get their likely 5th-7th place finish (Kind of like Everton does in EPL... I must be a glutton for mediocrity)... So at least this will keep me interested.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Lewandowski is going anywhere. I read somewhere that his contract is structured in such a way to keep him exclusive to Bayern for a number of years.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lewandowski is going anywhere. I read somewhere that his contract is structured in such a way to keep him exclusive to Bayern for a number of years.
True, but if Man City, RM, PSG, etc came with an obscene $200M or so offer like Neymar, I guarantee they'd sell him.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had Neuer stayed healthy, I think it would be close, but I think the points dropped between now and when he returns will be the difference and you can bet that BvB and RB Leipzig will take advantage to pull away.

Agree. Not imaginary drama this year without Neuer and age and Ancelloti's weird lineup decisions at time. Man does Ulreich suck too. Anyone get a good look at him in Audi series too? Could be of the Pokal next month with Leipzig next game.

P.S. Why is Everton guy even here stirring up imaginary drama if he thinks Bundesliga is not interesting? The rest of us think it is.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if Man City, RM, PSG, etc came with an obscene $200M or so offer like Neymar, I guarantee they'd sell him.

Not to change the subject, but I see you're a fan of Formula 1. Who's your favorite driver? Mine's Fernando Alonso. Reason being when I started following F1, Schumacher was dominating. So when Alonso beat him out for the title in '05, I jumped on the bandwagon. I was a fan, until his accident, of Robert Kubica. I really thought he was gonna be something.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Not imaginary drama this year without Neuer and age and Ancelloti's weird lineup decisions at time. Man does Ulreich suck too. Anyone get a good look at him in Audi series too? Could be of the Pokal next month with Leipzig next game.

P.S. Why is Everton guy even here stirring up imaginary drama if he thinks Bundesliga is not interesting? The rest of us think it is.

I think he's a casual Schalke fan, unless I read his reply to me wrong. As for why he's stirring ish up? I haven't the slightest idea.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering my avatar, I don't think I'd be betting against Bayern. Dortmund didn't look too hot today against RM.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thin Bayern is going to try to extend Vidal.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apologies. Didn't realize you weren't allowed to attempt to take a passing interest in other leagues in Europe. And not stirring up imaginary drama. That's actually what I was accusing someone else of doing.

2012 - Bayern
2013 - Bayern
2014 - Bayern
2015 - Bayern
2016 - Bayern

2017 - ??? Ooooo, someone might challenge Bayern!!!

THAT, my friends, is "imaginary drama"... ;)

You three enjoy the season.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies. Didn't realize you weren't allowed to attempt to take a passing interest in other leagues in Europe. And not stirring up imaginary drama. That's actually what I was accusing someone else of doing.

2012 - Bayern
2013 - Bayern
2014 - Bayern
2015 - Bayern
2016 - Bayern

2017 - ??? Ooooo, someone might challenge Bayern!!!

THAT, my friends, is "imaginary drama"... ;)

You three enjoy the season.
Every league goes through periods where one team dominates, even the EPL and old First Division. In the 80's it was Liverpool, in the 90's ManU (with Arsenal and Blackburn winning one each) The last 10 years in the EPL hasn't been much better with the big money clubs ManU, Man City, and Chelsea (with the one exception of Leicester) and looks like surprise, ManU, ManCity and Chelsea are the front runners again.

BTW, since 2000, Dortmund (multiple), Werder Bremen, Stuttgart, and Wolfsburg have all won the Bundesliga. That's five different League winners (including BM), same as the EPL.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every league goes through periods where one team dominates, even the EPL and old First Division. In the 80's it was Liverpool, in the 90's ManU (with Arsenal and Blackburn winning one each) The last 10 years in the EPL hasn't been much better with the big money clubs ManU, Man City, and Chelsea (with the one exception of Leicester) and looks like surprise, ManU, ManCity and Chelsea are the front runners again.

BTW, since 2000, Dortmund (multiple), Werder Bremen, Stuttgart, and Wolfsburg have all won the Bundesliga. That's five different League winners (including BM), same as the EPL.

But there has been more of a spreading out of those championships... Bayern has won 12 of the last 18 (Using your range since 2000, but its 13 of 19 if you go back another year.) EPL has Man U winning 7 of the last 18...

Just seems like Bayern is an embarrassment of riches, while you have Dortmund as the occasional thorn in their side... Bet if we looked at club spending/value it would bear that out?

In fact, yes... It does. Bayern dominates with Dortmund a fairly distant 2nd...

1.Bundesliga - Club market values

EPL has been way more balanced of late, though still admittedly top heavy.

Going to check the same for EPL...

Premier League - Club market values

And so yeah, you have 6 clubs that are at the top within a stones' throw, with Everton a fairly distant 7th (But about where Dortmund is in relation to Bayern?)...

I don't know. I guess the imbalance really bugs me with Football/Soccer, especially as a guy who likes to root for the underdog.... :D