• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Bundesliga

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have they put in the water in Hannover? This isn't the same Hannover from years past that's for sure.

Good start. My other favorite team. I heard they want to head down the path like Leipzig and ignore the 50+1 rule and bring in more investors to compete better in the future.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayern looking good today. I like the lineup today putting Tolisso on the bench and giving Coman a start. Muller finally scores too. Good to see Vidal back.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayern looking good today. I like the lineup today putting Tolisso on the bench and giving Coman a start. Muller finally scores too. Good to see Vidal back.

According to the Bayern Facebook page, Muller was not credited with a goal. The first two goals are credited to Robben and the last two to Lewandowski.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BvB starting out well so far. A couple of good/tough games this week. BvD @ Hamburg, Bayern @ Schalke.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come the Bundesliga is doing midweek fixtures this early in the season? Or do they always do midweek fixtures this early?

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come the Bundesliga is doing midweek fixtures this early in the season? Or do they always do midweek fixtures this early?
I think they do it sometimes, like this season, to make up for the lost week during International breaks, in this case UEFA WC qualifying, to stay on track so to speak, since they also have a winter break.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Bayern Facebook page, Muller was not credited with a goal. The first two goals are credited to Robben and the last two to Lewandowski.

ESPN had Muller for goal 1, then I look at ESPN Bundesliga scoring leaders and Robben has 1 Muller not mentioned. Not sure who got the first goal.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for the rest of the Bundesliga...bad for Bayern: Neuer reinjured the foot is out for months according to Bild with more surgery expected.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN had Muller for goal 1, then I look at ESPN Bundesliga scoring leaders and Robben has 1 Muller not mentioned. Not sure who got the first goal.

Robben got the first 2 goals, according to the Bayern Facebook page. I didn't look anywhere else, so it may be different.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for the rest of the Bundesliga...bad for Bayern: Neuer reinjured the foot is out for months according to Bild with more surgery expected.

Where's last years backup playing? I remember during a Bayern broadcast the announcers were saying the backup (last years) wanted to sign elsewhere due to Neuer being the starter/lack of playing time.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robben got the first 2 goals, according to the Bayern Facebook page. I didn't look anywhere else, so it may be different.

It was Muller for goal 1 as ESPN mentioned it in an article about Ancelloti praises Muller's play.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's last years backup playing? I remember during a Bayern broadcast the announcers were saying the backup (last years) wanted to sign elsewhere due to Neuer being the starter/lack of playing time.

Sven Ulreich still there.... and he is not that good. Has played 12 games for Bayern and given up 13 goals. This will hurt. Hopefully be back in time for the big UCL games later in the year. Could be an issue for the National team too if chronic.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't take long for the first sacking of the year at Wolfsburg. They have come way down since being in UCL just a few short years ago. Next coach to get sacked will be over at Cologne I bet. My God they look like crap so far.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sven Ulreich still there.... and he is not that good. Has played 12 games for Bayern and given up 13 goals. This will hurt. Hopefully be back in time for the big UCL games later in the year. Could be an issue for the National team too if chronic.
shouldn't be an issue for the National team, they pretty much have wrapped up qualifying for the WC, and only have two matches left, Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan. And ter Stegen, Trapp and Leno are all good enough to get through those games for sure and even the WC if necessary.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shouldn't be an issue for the National team, they pretty much have wrapped up qualifying for the WC, and only have two matches left, Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan. And ter Stegen, Trapp and Leno are all good enough to get through those games for sure and even the WC if necessary.

I agree. I like what I saw from Ter Stegen. Neuer is 31 now. Could be the beginning of the end for his National career here to make way for Ter Stegen who is the heir apparent. Ulreich I worry about if Bayern has to go with him the rest of the year.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I like what I saw from Ter Stegen. Neuer is 31 now. Could be the beginning of the end for his National career here to make way for Ter Stegen who is the heir apparent. Ulreich I worry about if Bayern has to go with him the rest of the year.
31 is not that old for a keeper, most great one's don't hit their stride until their early 30's, play for more years than outfield players. I think the biggest issue is letting his foot heal correctly. If he does, I could see him playing for many more years, similar to Buffon, who is almost 40 (in January). I think the problem is Bayern don't have a good backup and rushed him back too soon.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 is not that old for a keeper, most great one's don't hit their stride until their early 30's, play for more years than outfield players. I think the biggest issue is letting his foot heal correctly. If he does, I could see him playing for many more years, similar to Buffon, who is almost 40 (in January). I think the problem is Bayern don't have a good backup and rushed him back too soon.

I agree he is not too old, but if the foot is chronic then it could be a problem. Injuries have derailed many a great athlete. I don't know if he came back too soon. It was like 3+ months or so he was out. When was the Madrid game, mid May when he got hurt?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they do it sometimes, like this season, to make up for the lost week during International breaks, in this case UEFA WC qualifying, to stay on track so to speak, since they also have a winter break.

Bayern Schalke on FS1 tomorrow at 11:30 PT. Perfect. Long lunch break from work at the bar tomorrow :)

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayern Schalke on FS1 tomorrow at 11:30 PT. Perfect. Long lunch break from work at the bar tomorrow :)

I know they do mid week matchday's at least twice before the winter break, but isn't this a little early for the mid week matchday? Or is it because of Oktoberfest, and Oktoberfest is early this year?