• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Bundesliga

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the Bundesliga is back! And here's to hoping Gladbach win, and Koln loses :suds:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Red Bulls.

Leipzip won't cruise as easy this year with all the UCL games they have to play now but they managed to keep their key players. I still want to see Werner do well as he is key to German National team next year. Only Dortmund or Leipzig can come close to Bayern but losing Dembele doesn't help the Dortmund cause. Schalke looks better. Hoffenheim may take a step back with Bayern poaching Sule and Rudy from them. Results will be similar to last year probably with Bayern Leipzig Dortmund in that order again.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the Bundesliga is back! And here's to hoping Gladbach win, and Koln loses :suds:

Me too. Even more glad that Fox has many of their games on TV now too on Saturday and Sunday.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. It's the most entertaining league to watch IMO.

Agree. Games are on at a good time for me too. 6:30 AM and then at 9:30 if they have a double header being on the West Coast. Wish Comcast had FS2. If on FS2, then I can't watch.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay extra to watch all the games since Gladbach usually isn't on one of the main channels, so I get the Fox Soccer Pass

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay extra to watch all the games since Gladbach usually isn't on one of the main channels, so I get the Fox Soccer Pass

I should look into that myself if Comcast has it. UCL games are usually at 11:45 AM out here on weekdays and that is perfect for my lunch window too at work.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should look into that myself if Comcast has it. UCL games are usually at 11:45 AM out here on weekdays and that is perfect for my lunch window too at work.
Try the fox sports go app, i've caught a few games there on my phone and laptop.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try the fox sports go app, i've caught a few games there on my phone and laptop.

Ok thanks. I see you are a Dortmund fan. What are your thoughts on the Tuchel sacking? I heard there was a lot of disharmony last year. It seems Dortmund would win most the big games, but they would have a stinker more than they should against lower teams. Barely squeeked into UCL. Should have easily qualified with their talent. I thought it was right to sack him and move on imo.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayern putting on a stinkfest today against Hoffenheim. If Mueller wants to be a regular has to produce more than this. Ribbery, Robben, James all subs. Robben in now.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok thanks. I see you are a Dortmund fan. What are your thoughts on the Tuchel sacking? I heard there was a lot of disharmony last year. It seems Dortmund would win most the big games, but they would have a stinker more than they should against lower teams. Barely squeeked into UCL. Should have easily qualified with their talent. I thought it was right to sack him and move on imo.
Yeah, I think it was the right move too. They should have done better with their talent and yeas I've heard there was quite a bit of disharmony there.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm the new guy around here, I was wondering if anyone has a 2nd favorite Budesliga side? My fav team is Bayern Munich. There's a story as to why, but I won't regale you with it right now. I jumped on the Hertha train a couple of seasons ago because I kept reading how their early season play in the 2015-2016 season was unprecedented. So I root for them as well, until they play Bayern.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm the new guy around here, I was wondering if anyone has a 2nd favorite Budesliga side? My fav team is Bayern Munich. There's a story as to why, but I won't regale you with it right now. I jumped on the Hertha train a couple of seasons ago because I kept reading how their early season play in the 2015-2016 season was unprecedented. So I root for them as well, until they play Bayern.

Hannover 96 or Hamburger SV. My mother is from near Hannover. The only Bundesliga game I ever attended was in the summer of 1972 with these two teams. I was 11. My grandfather took me and got me a pennant for Hamburger SV. I still have that pennant too. Even if they beat Bayern it is ok with me. I root for every Bundesliga team in UCL, Europa league though. I hate Leipzig as they are the first to ignore the 50+1 rule. I think that rule is becoming a dinosaur as to compete with other European clubs teams will need more investors.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hannover 96 or Hamburger SV. My mother is from near Hannover. The only Bundesliga game I ever attended was in the summer of 1972 with these two teams. I was 11. My grandfather took me and got me a pennant for Hamburger SV. I still have that pennant too. Even if they beat Bayern it is ok with me. I root for every Bundesliga team in UCL, Europa league though. I hate Leipzig as they are the first to ignore the 50+1 rule. I think that rule is becoming a dinosaur as to compete with other European clubs teams will need more investors.
I've always had a soft spot for Stuttgart, was TDY there a couple of times, back when they had Kevin Kuranyi.. I'll usually root for them when they play, and I'm the same in that I root for the German teams in the UCL and Europa.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coworker of mine lives in Dresden. He is the field service guy for our company there. He loves Leipzig. We talk German soccer a fair amount. I asked him how Germans feel about Bayern when they get far in UCL. They are not well liked outside of Munich in Germany. He said Germans feel there is something called "Bayern rules" where refs and officials are biased to them in games with calls, injury time, etc to help them through because of their chances in UCL. There was one game last year where Bayern was losing and they went 9 minutes in injury time when Lewy tied on the last play. I think it was Hertha and they were livid there.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always had a soft spot for Stuttgart, was TDY there a couple of times, back when they had Kevin Kuranyi.. I'll usually root for them when they play, and I'm the same in that I root for the German teams in the UCL and Europa.

Stuttgart is where Werner came up. They are not fans of Werner although he got a good reception when Germany whacked Norway last week and he got a brace.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coworker of mine lives in Dresden. He is the field service guy for our company there. He loves Leipzig. We talk German soccer a fair amount. I asked him how Germans feel about Bayern when they get far in UCL. They are not well liked outside of Munich in Germany. He said Germans feel there is something called "Bayern rules" where refs and officials are biased to them in games with calls, injury time, etc to help them through because of their chances in UCL. There was one game last year where Bayern was losing and they went 9 minutes in injury time when Lewy tied on the last play. I think it was Hertha and they were livid there.
Yeah, I've heard similar from folks I know that live or have lived there. Kind of the same with Real Madrid and Barca in La Liga, and to an extent Juve in Serie A (used to be Milan also). Used to happen often in the EPL back when Alex Ferguson was in charge at ManU.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have they put in the water in Hannover? This isn't the same Hannover from years past that's for sure.