• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Season

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has them ranked at No. 29. Ahead of only Tennessee, Cleveland and San Francisco.

I have a hard time accepting this.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is unanimously picked to win this week, by every pundit and site I have seen.

I don't think they are that special. Sure they got a good front 7, but I'm not sold on Osweiler. I think the game will be closer than everyone(including Vegas) seems to think it will be.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is unanimously picked to win this week, by every pundit and site I have seen.

I don't think they are that special. Sure they got a good front 7, but I'm not sold on Osweiler. I think the game will be closer than everyone(including Vegas) seems to think it will be.
I think the pundits not picking the bears is more due to the fact that the bears just flat out suck, not because Houston is great. This year is still a rebuilding year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pundits not picking the bears is more due to the fact that the bears just flat out suck, not because Houston is great. This year is still a rebuilding year.

I haven't really seen em' play yet?:noidea: Preseason doesn't count.

I think our depth is not great, and I think our secondary needs to prove itself. The D should be better tho, and I don't think the O will drop off much, in fact I think it could be better than last year.

We'll see.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very excited for this season. But can't remember a season when I wasn't. I really like the direction we are heading. The offense should be able to open things up a little bit. It seemed they were more concerned about eating up thd clock to keep our ridiculously bad front 7 off the field. IMO that shouldn't be an issue this season.

And If it goes sideways, I suppose we'll be in the running for Watson.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hearing the Minnesota announcer excited that they see what a 70 yard spiral looks like now, thinks the big arm quarterback will lead them to the super bowl. I dont think Minnesota has a play in the Bridgewater playbook that is for more than 25 yards. That big arm qb they got completed 65% of his throws last year on screen passes, I think he attempted less throws over 30 than the bears did.

Pretty much the same boat as last year with this offense, other than not having any cuddly blankets that the quarterback trusts beyond a shadow of a doubt, while the one guy he trusts in Jeffrey has to prove he can stay on the field. This whole season will change if they use the big arm to free up the short stuff and keep the safety off the line of scrimmage so you can have a running game. If the line is improved its time to let that ball fly, then we will see a difference.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has them ranked at No. 29. Ahead of only Tennessee, Cleveland and San Francisco.

I have a hard time accepting this.

Until proven otherwise, I can live with that. I'm expecting better from the Bears but not over the top. Our Bears still have issues that need addressing before I'm ready to talk playoffs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please explain to me how we're one of the worst teams in football? It makes no sense this hate we get from the media. They act like we're a hopeless bunch of dopes. Last season we were 6-10 and competitive in every game that we had Cutler in its entirety for outside of the game at Minnesota.

We played Denver down to the final play of the damn game, and then went to Lambeau to beat the Pack the following week. We were two Robbie Gould misses in back to back weeks away from being 7-6 and in the thick of the playoff push. All we did this off-season was bolster our front seven and now our O-line with addition of Sitton. We have White and Jeffery healthy, Miller healthy at TE who has displayed great things. A LB corp that looks damn solid on paper.

I don't get it... where are we this dog shit team? I don't see it. It would not surprise me if we had a winning season, at all... and I've been pretty damn solid with pre-season predictions outside of 2014. Which was a disaster.

I just don't see what other people see. I see a competitive football team.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White was added to the injury list for a hamstring, Jeffrey needs to prove he can stay on the field, Forte, Marshall, Bennett gone, there is really no depth at receiver after those 2, so if we cannot keep the defense honest and safeties back, its 5 on 8 or 9 blocking a running game.

Unproven receivers, unproven running backs, solid gould gone, you still have to score more than the defense gives up, even if they just give up 7 or 13 and the back end is questionable on the defense, with Fuller just getting scoped and Porter on 3 concussion protocols a year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White was added to the injury list for a hamstring, Jeffrey needs to prove he can stay on the field, Forte, Marshall, Bennett gone, there is really no depth at receiver after those 2, so if we cannot keep the defense honest and safeties back, its 5 on 8 or 9 blocking a running game.

Unproven receivers, unproven running backs, solid gould gone, you still have to score more than the defense gives up, even if they just give up 7 or 13 and the back end is questionable on the defense, with Fuller just getting scoped and Porter on 3 concussion protocols a year.

CB is the only position I really see having weakness. I'd like to see what Hall can do though.

"Solid Gould gone"... Really? A now pedestrian kicker that got beat out is a reason why we won't win? lol

Marshall has been gone for two years... We know. lol

Bennett was beat out by a superior TE. Irrelevant that he's gone.

Forte is 31 and close to the end.

Who has 3 great receivers? Nobody... Royal is a very solid 3rd WR.

I don't even get what you're trying to say with "5 on 9 blocking".

We also have one of the best guard tandems in football. Again... explain why we suck?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you add in coaching I rank us around 20 th best team.... My rankings are the only rankings I take seriously.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB is the only position I really see having weakness. I'd like to see what Hall can do though.

"Solid Gould gone"... Really? A now pedestrian kicker that got beat out is a reason why we won't win? lol (Upgrade)

Marshall has been gone for two years... We know. lol (not relevant and we have good WRs)

Bennett was beat out by a superior TE. Irrelevant that he's gone. ( I disagree here. Would love to have them both still. Definite down grade )

Forte is 31 and close to the end. (Push) really kinda like the young 3 headed attack, should be better at running.

Who has 3 great receivers? Nobody... Royal is a very solid 3rd WR. ( Good group)

We also have one of the best guard tandems in football. Again... explain why we suck?
( We don't suck ) People will figure that out by week 4.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Solid Gould gone"... Really? A now pedestrian kicker that got beat out is a reason why we won't win? lol

Marshall has been gone for two years... We know. lol

Bennett was beat out by a superior TE. Irrelevant that he's gone.

Forte is 31 and close to the end.

Who has 3 great receivers? Nobody... Royal is a very solid 3rd WR.

You asked why the idiots that ranked the teams had the bears at 29, so I spoke for the fellow idiots. Thats what they remember, what we had, what we lost, what was replaced.

Robbie Gould made kicks in the past, 86% rate, and he was replaced with a guy cut repeatedly and now with his fourth different team if you count tampa twice, with a career percentage of 84. The leadership of Gould that some make such a big deal about, was it an upgrade or a side step? How was he beat out by someone else that was cut. He was not in competition in camp with Barth to win the job. Thats how you replace a kicker, not taking from someone else's scrap pile.

You saw what Marshall did with a lesser QB than he had with the bears after he left and still dont think this team lost anything, even after seeing that gaping hole when Jeffrey was out.

I despised Bennett and his drag his ass to the line in the two minute drill, Bennett was not beat out by anything superior, he was let go before we even had a TE on the roster. Just remember how much you defended Bennetts willingness to get laid out to catch a football when I called him a pain to deal with, now he was "beat out by a superior TE. Irrelevant that he's gone" when there was none on the roster.

Forte, ok, bet on him with at least 1500 all purpose yards again that was too old.

Royal was a solid receiver in 2008. You take that year away, he has 3000 yards in 92 games. Thats 30 yards per game, is that solid? Most likely is a game with 60 and a game with 0.

You have a new left guard that McCarthy replaced for what seems to be alot of those reasons that the bears dumped Marshall and Bennett, and questions about his durability with his back, but he WAS in the pro bowl. 5 on 9 blocking is your tackle, guard, center, guard, tackle, blocking a front 7 and one or two safeties in the box because there is no fear of throwing deep or dangerous enough receivers that they do not cheat their safeties down. Basically what the bears saw last year when there were no receivers. Just bringing an 8th man in the "box" is usually enough to choke running games.

I see Danny Trevathain and Jerrell Freeman as the two best linebackers we had since 55 and 54, but what I hear is they are not THE pro bowl linebackers. Might get there after super bowl players are deemed out and the others decide not to go.

You just asked why, I dont want to fight, but I am sure you will let me know I am wrong again. I did not rank them 29th, but thinking they have plenty to prove and not bottom third of the league is fooling yourself.

Here's to the next 4 months of your told you so's.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw what Marshall did with a lesser QB
Hey! You kinda said something nice about Jay Cutler! Yay!

Just about everything you just wrote is basically true... for now... a few days before the season starts. What I want to believe is that the future will turn out better with younger/cheaper players. Money was a big issue in why the Bears let go of the players they did. It's never an exact science, but I see mostly older players with large contracts that were tied to previous coaching and GM's in Chicago. Right or Wrong Pace & Fox have the right to build the team they want to see.
I can see all those players that the Bears let go as having one...maybe 2 more decent seasons. I can see the potential of the younger guys having more productive seasons when those old expensive guys are done. WITH the coaching we have in place. I hope it comes together this year and the Bears surprise some people. If not, we'll do it next year. Cheers!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone watched the game last night, you saw teams utilize a fullback again and broke some big runs. You want to shove it down their throat, they have the safety at the line, use the full back and knock that safety on his ass and watch our runner scamper by.

And dont get me wrong on Sitton. That attitude he has is the attitude of an offensive lineman. I do not know if people will tire like they did with Marshall and Bennett, because its usually OK to have that big mouth in that position that is pushing back defenses all day.

I think if everything goes right, this is easily a playoff team. But if these DB's are really bad, then some of this extra coin should have been spent to upgrade.

As far as how this team is being built, well there is 6 million left on the cap, so I know there is some veteran deal to be on the roster game 1, but there is this years salary cap plus another 20 million or so in dead money, so I sure hope these guys work out and stick thru their deals.

Chicago Bears Salary Cap - Over the Cap

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cr7ZVPIWAAEVXUD.jpg

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy that might play week 8, since week 7 is a Thursday night game with Green Bay and there would only be one day of practice, and your 6th cornerback are worthy?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy that might play week 8, since week 7 is a Thursday night game with Green Bay and there would only be one day of practice, and your 6th cornerback are worthy?
Wait...what? I don't understand what you're arguing here? Are you having half a conversation with yourself again?
I'm assuming you're talking about McPhee vs signing a vet CB? Are we back to questioning injury again like last year? Well My take on McPhee- was reported he had a "clean-up" knee procedure way back in, I think, Feb... for whatever reason that didn't cure the issue OR he's taken much longer to heal...OR and there is whispers, that it was a much bigger deal than originally reported. Regardlesss of any of that... he's not ready. What would you have done differently with McPhee??? It's bad luck, and sucks...but No use in complaining about an injured player who still needs to heal.

They also extended Willie, Signed a high pick rookie, and have a number of other pass rushers that can still play- (I'm excited to see what a full year healthy Willie Young and Houston can do in this D)
My hope is that he's ready to workout fully in 2 or 3 weeks. Has 3 weeks to workout hard to get back to full football shape. And than be ready week 7 on Thursday night against the Packers to destroy them- fresh and fast. YES I understand he can't practice with the team until that week and will only get ONE official practice, but he's a vet, was just voted Capt. and I'm not worried about him being "ready" with only one day of practice.

The season hasn't even started yet- let's see what they have at CB before we shit on them. The much improved front 7 will greatly help the secondary... let's just see what we have first.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like the coaches or ownership choose the captains. These are the who the players feel are their leaders.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really seen em' play yet?:noidea: Preseason doesn't count.

I think our depth is not great, and I think our secondary needs to prove itself. The D should be better tho, and I don't think the O will drop off much, in fact I think it could be better than last year.

We'll see.
I have just learned to not get excited over the Bears. Especially since there really aren't any players to get excited about.