• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Season

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...what? I don't understand what you're arguing here? Are you having half a conversation with yourself again?
I'm assuming you're talking about McPhee vs signing a vet CB? Are we back to questioning injury again like last year? Well My take on McPhee- was reported he had a "clean-up" knee procedure way back in, I think, Feb... for whatever reason that didn't cure the issue OR he's taken much longer to heal...OR and there is whispers, that it was a much bigger deal than originally reported. Regardlesss of any of that... he's not ready. What would you have done differently with McPhee??? It's bad luck, and sucks...but No use in complaining about an injured player who still needs to heal.

They also extended Willie, Signed a high pick rookie, and have a number of other pass rushers that can still play- (I'm excited to see what a full year healthy Willie Young and Houston can do in this D)
My hope is that he's ready to workout fully in 2 or 3 weeks. Has 3 weeks to workout hard to get back to full football shape. And than be ready week 7 on Thursday night against the Packers to destroy them- fresh and fast. YES I understand he can't practice with the team until that week and will only get ONE official practice, but he's a vet, was just voted Capt. and I'm not worried about him being "ready" with only one day of practice.

The season hasn't even started yet- let's see what they have at CB before we shit on them. The much improved front 7 will greatly help the secondary... let's just see what we have first.

I simply commented on captains. Should a defensive end not playing for half the season really be considered a captain on a defense looking for identity? McMannus got the C for special teams, seems by default after Gould was let go.

you are the one having half a conversation with what you read into the post yet again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply commented on captains. Should a defensive end not playing for half the season really be considered a captain on a defense looking for identity? McMannus got the C for special teams, seems by default after Gould was let go.

you are the one having half a conversation with what you read into the post yet again.

If the team looks to him as one of their best leaders, then yes. 100% he should. I don't see how this is a question.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran across this stat courtesy of STATS.com and thought I'd share:

Since joining the Bears in 2009, Jay Cutler is 8-2 in 10 Monday night games, posting a combined rating of 95.5 in those contests.​

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since joining the Bears in 2009, Jay Cutler is 8-2 in 10 Monday night games, posting a combined rating of 95.5 in those contests.​

What a piece of shit.

:heh:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. I was thinking this would be brought up at some point. He's been very good in Monday Night games. For whatever reason, he seems to show up and play at the top of his game for those. Outside of that New Orleans game in 2014... eww. The other one he lost was in 2011, when Detroit set a record against us for sacks, I believe. Man... that was a beating he took.

That was also the week Lovie told Martz to stop fucking around with these 7 step drops, and then 5 consecutive wins with 30+ points followed. Best Cutler ever looked in his career, IMO. Along with the second half of 2010. That was possibly the best Bears team since the 80's, I truly believe that. It was the only time this side of the century that we had the offense and defense firing on all cylinders simultaneously. Why did Cutler and Forte have to go down? Fuck me... We caught some bad breaks in the Lovie era. I tell ya...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I was thinking this would be brought up at some point. He's been very good in Monday Night games. For whatever reason, he seems to show up and play at the top of his game for those. Outside of that New Orleans game in 2014... eww. The other one he lost was in 2011, when Detroit set a record against us for sacks, I believe. Man... that was a beating he took.

That was also the week Lovie told Martz to stop fucking around with these 7 step drops, and then 5 consecutive wins with 30+ points followed. Best Cutler ever looked in his career, IMO. Along with the second half of 2010. That was possibly the best Bears team since the 80's, I truly believe that. It was the only time this side of the century that we had the offense and defense firing on all cylinders simultaneously. Why did Cutler and Forte have to go down? Fuck me... We caught some bad breaks in the Lovie era. I tell ya...

Yup, they were rolling up that point.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Motherfucking McCown is fucking killing me in my knockout pool. Whooping Baltimore's arse right now.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to start another thread.

Friend of mine from the fantasy boards posted this:
According to the Chicago Tribune's Mike Mulligan, John Fox will return for a third season as the Bears' coach in 2017.

After going 6-10 in his first season with Chicago, Fox has guided the Bears to a 3-9 mark through 12 games this year. The loss of OC Adam Gase has been substantial, and the promotion of QBs coach Dowell Loggains hasn't panned out. But according to Mulligan, word is Bears DC Vic Fangio is the one who won't be back. Fangio is probably the Bears' best coach on their entire staff, and the defensive issues have mostly been due to a lack of talent in the secondary and a rash of injuries in the front-seven. Fox is unlikely to turn this thing around in Chicago.
This is discouraging for a couple of reasons.

One) I like Ryan Pace. I'm sure it can be argued by some that not all of his picks/trades have been sound ones. But he's young and learning. Unlike some old crusty stuck-in-the-mud GM that is set in his ways. If this news about Fangio is true, this could shake my confidence in Pace going forward.

Two) As the post pointed out, "Fangio is probably the Bears' best coach on their entire staff." So what does this mean for all of the transitioning to the 3-4? Anything? Nothing? The defense was the unit that seemed to be gaining momentum.

I hope this is just poor reporting. Or a report that was taken out of context.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mulligan is usually one of the inside guys that does not just throw shit against the wall to see what sticks This defense is top half of the league with plenty of injury excuses. I am really going to be pissed if we dont have the right players to change to a 4-3 if that is where they are going. I am not a big fan of Fangio, mainly because I thought they had the ability to adjust his scheme for the talent we had, which was defensive tackles and coverage type linebackers. I did not see why they could not run a 4-3 front and shift into a 3-4 when they did not have the talented speed rushing OLB on the roster last year. To me that showed some weakness. If Fox wants more of his hands on D, then this would be saying that Fangio is not giving him the room.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors swirling that he and Fox butt heads.

I'd rather have him than Fox, personally.

We went from the 32nd ranked D to the 7th ranked D in two seasons.

It would be stupid to keep one and not the other. IMO, if you are getting rid of Fangio, Fox needs to go to. Either way, it's starting over. May as well go full clean slate.

I would like to see things stand pat personally. If they post another shitty record next year, than start to consider a blowout fire-sale.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mulligan is usually one of the inside guys that does not just throw shit against the wall to see what sticks This defense is top half of the league with plenty of injury excuses. I am really going to be pissed if we dont have the right players to change to a 4-3 if that is where they are going. I am not a big fan of Fangio, mainly because I thought they had the ability to adjust his scheme for the talent we had, which was defensive tackles and coverage type linebackers. I did not see why they could not run a 4-3 front and shift into a 3-4 when they did not have the talented speed rushing OLB on the roster last year. To me that showed some weakness. If Fox wants more of his hands on D, then this would be saying that Fangio is not giving him the room.

:noidea:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors swirling that he and Fox butt heads.

I'd rather have him than Fox, personally.

We went from the 32nd ranked D to the 7th ranked D in two seasons.

It would be stupid to keep one and not the other. IMO, if you are getting rid of Fangio, Fox needs to go to. Either way, it's starting over. May as well go full clean slate.

I would like to see things stand pat personally. If they post another shitty record next year, than start to consider a blowout fire-sale.

Yeah, I really want to see the staff stick around for one more year. Really hope Fangio doesn't go.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has them ranked at No. 29. Ahead of only Tennessee, Cleveland and San Francisco.

I have a hard time accepting this.
You were right, ESPN was soooooo wrong. Tennessee isn't near as bad as we are.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were right, ESPN was soooooo wrong. Tennessee isn't near as bad as we are.

Shut up stupid. Just cuz yer jimmies are all rustley, doesn't mean you need to be a fucking stalker, bumping posts from fucking September.

Creepy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up stupid. Just cuz yer jimmies are all rustley, doesn't mean you need to be a fucking stalker, bumping posts from fucking September.

Creepy.
This thread was at the top of the Bears board when I posted. Don't be a whiny little bitch.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me more about how Michael Moore and the Electors are going to put Hillary in office.

Fuckin dummy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so that's what persuaded you to be a bitchy cunt?
I just thought I'd make a joke at something you stated wrongly about sports. I thought you could have a sense of humor, but you can't.