• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the wildcard IMO. Better than Atlanta when healthy. They also have the pieces to make a huge move at the deadline to really compete with Cleveland.

They're not getting rid of Wade/Butler/Rondo. Robin Lopez has actually been a surprise, but you need a top 5 center to beat Cleveland up inside which is what Dwight brings which is why I bring up Atlanta (and if they could gel better together). Yes, the Bulls have other pieces in Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott and Portis but what's that getting you? Like I said, they have a lineup that's not that great shooting 3's which is what their coach's offense runs on.

I'm just giving my opinion, but in no way do I give the Bulls any semblance of a shot against the Cavs. And realistically I don't give any team in the East a shot, but by comparison I don't think the Bulls are anywhere close to Toronto when it comes to competing with Cleveland. Neg away.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not getting rid of Wade/Butler/Rondo. Robin Lopez has actually been a surprise, but you need a top 5 center to beat Cleveland up inside which is what Dwight brings which is why I bring up Atlanta (and if they could gel better together). Yes, the Bulls have other pieces in Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott and Portis but what's that getting you? Like I said, they have a lineup that's not that great shooting 3's which is what their coach's offense runs on.

I'm just giving my opinion, but in no way do I give the Bulls any semblance of a shot against the Cavs. And realistically I don't give any team in the East a shot, but by comparison I don't think the Bulls are anywhere close to Toronto when it comes to competing with Cleveland. Neg away.

I was talking about Boston. Not Chicago.

I agree about Chicago. Their ceiling is probably the 2nd round.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your homerism has the Bulls in there. The Bulls are no better than the Raptors. And I'd have to see what Boston is about when they're fully healthy before I give them any credit.
Again please read again. I'm not talking about who is better or record at the end of the year. I'm talking about match ups vs cavs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol we are the 2nd best rebounding team in the league. Lol. We are fine inside

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get the love for the raptors. We will see I guess

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the love for the raptors. We will see I guess

Because they took the Cavs to 6 games in the ECF last season and are currently 2nd in the East again. Never said they'd beat the Cavs, just said they poise the biggest challenge in the East.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again please read again. I'm not talking about who is better or record at the end of the year. I'm talking about match ups vs cavs.

The Bulls don't match up well with the Cavs at all.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon-

no one wants to guess the 3 players in the NBA averaging at least 20 pts and 10 boards?

I know for a fact that Westbrook and Davis are 2 of them. They're both at 30 and 10.

I'm guessing Love is the 3rd. Cousins has gotta be close as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, that makes sense.

And can you explain the bolded to @purguy12. He's starting to give Wiggy a run for homerism of the week.
Not even close. U got everything mixed up. I'm not saying we would beat the cavs. I just like our match up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you guess the3 guys in the NBA averaging 20 and 10 so far this year?

Several if we go points and boards as opposed to points and dimes.

Westbrook, Bron and HArden?

Would think Curry is close too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon-

no one wants to guess the 3 players in the NBA averaging at least 20 pts and 10 boards?

Oh, that is what you meant?

Bron, Westbrook and Davis?

Cousins is not 20/10?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. U got everything mixed up. I'm not saying we would beat the cavs. I just like our match up.

And apparently you're not reading any of my responses either. I never said that you think the Bulls would beat the Cavs. I'm saying that a Bulls vs. Cavs series be so one-sided that I don't even give the Bulls a game, because you don't match up with the Cavs. This was a conversation about whom could give the Cavs fits which I said the Raptors and Hawks given that Dwight provides a glaring match up issue. I don't give the Bulls any chance at all to even do that because they don't match up well with the Cavs.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is beating a healthy Cavs team. But, I'd agree with Tor and ATL having the best "shot".

Boston and Chicago have virtually no shot as they are currently staffed. And it would take a pretty major trade to make me think otherwise.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently you're not reading any of my responses either. I never said that you think the Bulls would beat the Cavs. I'm saying that a Bulls vs. Cavs series be so one-sided that I don't even give the Bulls a game, because you don't match up with the Cavs. This was a conversation about whom could give the Cavs fits which I said the Raptors and Hawks given that Dwight provides a glaring match up issue. I don't give the Bulls any chance at all to even do that because they don't match up well with the Cavs.
Then don't say I'm a homer. Doesn't make sense then. Now if I was saying we were the best or can beat cavs in playoffs then I might have a point. So looks like u are the one throwing dumb statements around. I think bulls are good. They will compete. They aren't bad like most said they would be. They are better then advertised at the start of the season

Chocolatay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i think boston is a pretty good team especially with the addition of al horford

Status
Not open for further replies.