• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolatay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers fans right now are lakers fans that are bandwagoners

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another trip doub for West. Dude is insane.

End of the 3rd and he's at 21, 13, & 16

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are 2-7 in games when Cousins scores 30 or more, including a loss when he got 36 and 20 rebounds tonight. There's also this fun stat
CyZeXn6XgAIsImF.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers fans right now are lakers fans that are bandwagoners

* glances at post count *

:yawning:

Shouldn't you wait until you get to double digits before you attempt to troll?

You literally just joined today.

I'm not even sure if you are attempting to slight me or the Lakers fans.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* glances at post count *

:yawning:

Shouldn't you wait until you get to double digits before you attempt to troll?

You literally just joined today.

I'm not even sure if you are attempting to slight me or the Lakers fans.

Not everyone's bout dat life.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is taking it to the Warriors in Oakland. Gonna be a close one, winning streaks like this one don't happen that often for a reason.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is taking it to the Warriors in Oakland. Gonna be a close one, winning streaks like this one don't happen that often for a reason.

Good news for the Dubs, they need games like this. Beating up Sister Mary of the poor (ie every team in the league sans Cavs, Spurs, and Clips) doesn't help you win titles.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting how the Hawks are using Howard & Muscala to get advantage over Ws down low. (and so far the Ws haven't been able to take advantage of the matchups on the other end .... but, that could happen in the 4th)

I'm still not that impressed by the Hawks in general. But the Hawks have been able to exploit Ws weaknesses.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for the Dubs, they need games like this. Beating up Sister Mary of the poor (ie every team in the league sans Cavs, Spurs, and Clips) doesn't help you win titles.
the Cavs and Warriors both have been playing some cream-puff schedules thus far for the most part.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs and Warriors both have been playing some cream-puff schedules thus far for the most part.

When you're as good as the Cavs/Warriors, there are very few teams who would not be considered cream puff

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great article from Windhorst on how Gilbert and Griffin finally built LeBron the "team of his dreams". This is what LeBron saw as possible when he decided that his best shot to win was back in "The Land".

LeBron 'breaks all the passing rules,' and he's loving it

LeBron James has never had more fun than playing with this version of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

This group may not end up with more victories than the 2008-09 team that won 66 games or the 2012-13 Miami Heat that won the same. It may not end up winning James his fourth ring. But after 14 years of stumbles, hard lessons and a long separation, the Cavs have finally built the team of James' dreams.

Loaded with shooters that give him an array of options, stocked with veterans who have learned the nuances of sharing the floor with him and playing alongside what looks like a future Hall of Famer entering his prime, James is reveling in it. It can all be encapsulated in one line: James is averaging the fewest shots (17.2) and the most assists (9.7) per game in his career.

This is how he has always wanted to play. He has had flashes of it in the past. But never has he had a roster that so suits his talents and desires, which is to be a conductor, not a solo act.

For the first time in his career, he's not leading his team in scoring. Kyrie Irving is averaging about a point more than him, Kevin Love is averaging just two points less.

James has 37 assists in just the last three games, 22 of them set up 3-pointers and 13 of them set up layups or dunks. In none of the three games has James led the team in scoring. He has three triple-doubles in 14 games this season, the same number he had in 76 games last season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say Westbrook is the #1 player in the NBA now. He is doing something no player has done in a long time. Its amazing what he is doing. Best show we have seen in a while(maybe LBJ 3-4 years ago). Last player to do what westbrook is dong is Oscar Robinson 61-62 season.

There is no argument that he is the new #1.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great article from Windhorst on how Gilbert and Griffin finally built LeBron the "team of his dreams". This is what LeBron saw as possible when he decided that his best shot to win was back in "The Land".

LeBron 'breaks all the passing rules,' and he's loving it

LeBron James has never had more fun than playing with this version of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

This group may not end up with more victories than the 2008-09 team that won 66 games or the 2012-13 Miami Heat that won the same. It may not end up winning James his fourth ring. But after 14 years of stumbles, hard lessons and a long separation, the Cavs have finally built the team of James' dreams.

Loaded with shooters that give him an array of options, stocked with veterans who have learned the nuances of sharing the floor with him and playing alongside what looks like a future Hall of Famer entering his prime, James is reveling in it. It can all be encapsulated in one line: James is averaging the fewest shots (17.2) and the most assists (9.7) per game in his career.

This is how he has always wanted to play. He has had flashes of it in the past. But never has he had a roster that so suits his talents and desires, which is to be a conductor, not a solo act.

For the first time in his career, he's not leading his team in scoring. Kyrie Irving is averaging about a point more than him, Kevin Love is averaging just two points less.

James has 37 assists in just the last three games, 22 of them set up 3-pointers and 13 of them set up layups or dunks. In none of the three games has James led the team in scoring. He has three triple-doubles in 14 games this season, the same number he had in 76 games last season.
I just dont see this team winning. They have a lot of weaknesses come playoff time. Dont get me wrong with LBJ and irving u always have a shot but my prediction they dont make it to the Finals this year. Some one will shock them. Again just my opinion. No knock on Cavs I know they are good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see this team winning. They have a lot of weaknesses come playoff time. Dont get me wrong with LBJ and irving u always have a shot but my prediction they dont make it to the Finals this year. Some one will shock them. Again just my opinion. No knock on Cavs I know they are good.
if by "someone" you mean maybe Golden State...then i agree

other than that? no way unless the Cavs have significant injuries. They are miles better than anyone in the East- and a helluva lot better than everyone not named GSW. LeBron has made 6 straight Finals. You can book tickets to a 7th as long as he is healthy. non refundable....dont worry.

who in the East is even a challenge?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say Westbrook is the #1 player in the NBA now. He is doing something no player has done in a long time. Its amazing what he is doing. Best show we have seen in a while(maybe LBJ 3-4 years ago). Last player to do what westbrook is dong is Oscar Robinson 61-62 season.

There is no argument that he is the new #1.
Westbrook no doubt has the best stats and is likely to win the MVP.

If you are talking about who has the biggest impact on winning in the NBA- its still LeBron on top, Curry and RW somewhere underneath him- and then a giant chasm.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

other than that? no way unless the Cavs have significant injuries. They are miles better than anyone in the East- and a helluva lot better than everyone not named GSW. LeBron has made 6 straight Finals. You can book tickets to a 7th as long as he is healthy. non refundable....dont worry.

Cavs will sweep everyteam in the East

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah upset city is coming this year. I feel it. They dont have a true center and stretch 4 who is very up and down. to be fair Cavs has had one of the easier schedules so far. So their 13-2 record not as impressive what GS,Spurs and Clippers are doing in the West. Again the West is a lot better then the East this year and might even be deeper then the East this year. East has 1 great team in Cavs and a lot of Avg teams. but I do think one of these Avg teams will upset Cavs come playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.