• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. And Kyrie has shown to shy away as the team's leader in general when LBJ isn't playing- which is what we were talking about in the first place.
Well, when you take the best player in the world off of any team you are usually going to be much worse.

Kyrie can't do it by himself, he proved that the years LBJ wasn't there, but Curry has never had the opportunity that he can do it by himself. The Warriors have always had a solid foundation, and they just added the second best player in the world in the off season, so he'll probably never have the opportunity to do it himself.

And honestly, most players can't do it, Harden has great shooters around him, Westbrook is the closest I guess to doing it all by himself but OKC aren't exactly world beaters.

TBH, the last person to successfully have a championship contender with absolute shit surrounding him is LeBron in his first run with the Cavs.

Kobe couldn't do it by himself either, they weren't title contenders after Snaq left until they got Gasol.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie has only had good players on his team for 2 years this being his 3rd....How did westbrick do over the years with his stacked teams?
Well neither won anything that means something on their own- BUT RW has proven he CAN lead his team (this season after KD left) which is in line with our original topic.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm probably because that's how he plays when he doesn't have his big brother helping him.

You act like kyrie shouldn't have good teammates, how did GS do when green missed a game? How did curry play?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you take the best player in the world off of any team you are usually going to be much worse.

Kyrie can't do it by himself, he proved that the years LBJ wasn't there, but Curry has never had the opportunity that he can do it by himself. The Warriors have always had a solid foundation, and they just added the second best player in the world in the off season, so he'll probably never have the opportunity to do it himself.

And honestly, most players can't do it, Harden has great shooters around him, Westbrook is the closest I guess to doing it all by himself but OKC aren't exactly world beaters.

TBH, the last person to successfully have a championship contender with absolute shit surrounding him is LeBron in his first run with the Cavs.

Kobe couldn't do it by himself either, they weren't title contenders after Snaq left until they got Gasol.
I said Curry has LED his team...and he did manage to lead them to the playoffs in seasons leading up to 2015 before they won it all. And, he did so WITHOUT an established "big" anything. And in reference to your other examples (mainly Kobe) he at least managed to get his teams into the playoffs- IN THE WC. Kyrie couldn't do that in the EAST.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much. Even lebron couldn't win without Irving or wade. He almost pulled it off 2 years ago, and i don't even think jordan could have taken that gs to 6 when Irving and love went down.

Reactions: TJL

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like kyrie shouldn't have good teammates, how did GS do when green missed a game? How did curry play?
And you act like you can't understand what the word LEAD means.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Curry has LED his team...and he did manage to lead them to the playoffs in seasons leading up to 2015 before they won it all. And, he did so WITHOUT an established "big" anything. And in reference to your other examples (mainly Kobe) he at least managed to get his teams into the playoffs- IN THE WC. Kyrie couldn't do that in the EAST.

Could you remind me who was on the cavs when Irving was supposed to lead the team. I bet it was real equal to what curry had. Thanks

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you remind me who was on the cavs when Irving was supposed to lead the team. I bet it was real equal to what curry had. Thanks
They had the same players

Barnes/Bogut/Green/Iguadola/Thompson

Plus Speights/Lee coming off the bench

and Thompson has always been really good, even in his rookie year he shot over 40% from three, and from his second year on he's averaged at least 16 ppg

So I have no clue what she's talking about, like I said, they've always had a great core there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if lebron was out for a finals rematch between GS and the cavs, but kyrie and love were in, what would the result be?

4-0 to GS

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could say Thompson didn't become elite until 13/14

but in 12/13 he averaged 16.6 ppg compared to Curry's 23 ppg and the team only went 47-35

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if lebron was out for a finals rematch between GS and the cavs, but kyrie and love were in, what would the result be?

4-0 to GS
Well of course, LeBron is the best player in the world.

If you took Curry off the Warriors, they'd still be a great team, because they're a great team and now they have Durant.

The Cavs at this point are Kyrie/LeBron, and hoping other guys step up, you take Kyrie or LeBron out of the mix and they are not a good team. I honestly don't think Love matters all that much.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of talking so much, he should have shown his kid proper shooting mechanics 10 years ago.

FYI - Balls' younger brothers have better shooting motion -- but still not textbook. (but not red flags)

I think LaMelo, the youngest, can make it to the NBA.

I'm on the fence with LiAngelo.

He has that slow mo game like Kyle Anderson.

But, less effective.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you took Curry off the Warriors, they'd still be a great team, because they're a great team and now they have Durant.

The Cavs at this point are Kyrie/LeBron, and hoping other guys step up, you take Kyrie or LeBron out of the mix and they are not a good team. I honestly don't think Love matters all that much.

No. Just lebron

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you've missed the point. Remind us who was on Kobe's team after Shaq left & before Pau got to LA. But, if memory serves correctly wasn't the Lakers in the playoffs those years??

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you've missed the point. Remind us who was on Kobe's team after Shaq left & before Pau got to LA. But, if memory serves correctly wasn't the Lakers in the playoffs those years??
They went 116-125 before they got Gasol, didn't make it the first year without Shaq, got knocked out in first round the next two years.

And who was on the Cavs before LeBron and Love got there? They had a shit ton of scrubs, just like they did before LeBron left.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had the same players

Barnes/Bogut/Green/Iguadola/Thompson

Plus Speights/Lee coming off the bench

and Thompson has always been really good, even in his rookie year he shot over 40% from three, and from his second year on he's averaged at least 16 ppg

So I have no clue what she's talking about, like I said, they've always had a great core there.
You don't know what I'm talking about? Bogut hadn't won anything- not even personal accolades in his career to that point. Had been traded a couple of times due to his injury. Barnes, Green & Thompson weren't franchise players in ANYONE'S eyes. Igg was the only one who had a resume in this league besides Bogut and he didn't even come over as a starter. So let's not act like GS went out and got all top tier guys. They have gown together as a team & Curry developed into their team leader.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is pretty much what I'm saying, and most others as well. Although I still think the Cavs could still be a really good team without Kyrie. They go to utter shit without Bron.

Status
Not open for further replies.