• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 70 sign.

I just want to know how the Suns pulled this off.

The Lakers had Clarkson go off for 35 and they won.

Booker scores twice that many and the Suns still lose?

#thatshowyoutank

See. 60, 70, whatever.
I already forgot.
He did help some people win a ton of cash in fantasy last night.
He scored 91.6 Fanduel points.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAYUM!!

I disagree here. 60 is pretty cool, but 70 is historic. The only reason people remembers Kobe's 60 in his last game is because it was his last game. Very few have ever scored 70 in any game.

But if a team didn't care at all about winning, and their total focus was to have a player score 70, how hard would it be?
I'm not saying its a piece of cake and anyone could do it, but many could.

To me, history is created, not force fed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if a team didn't care at all about winning, and their total focus was to have a player score 70, how hard would it be?
I'm not saying its a piece of cake and anyone could do it, but many could.

To me, history is created, not force fed.

Meh, something fun for their fans when coming down to the end of a long, losing season.

Sure, it would have been better had it happened "naturally" and the game was one that actually meant something. But at the end of the day, it was still pretty cool.

Kind of like Kobe's last game. In the grand scheme of things, it didn't mean much, it was the last game of a lousy 17 win season and was also "force fed." But it gave Lakers fans and those who watched the game something positive and fun to take away from an otherwise crappy season.

Now go clear those damn kids off your lawn. lol

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, something fun for their fans when coming down to the end of a long, losing season.

Sure, it would have been better had it happened "naturally" and the game was one that actually meant something. But at the end of the day, it was still pretty cool.

Kind of like Kobe's last game. In the grand scheme of things, it didn't mean much, it was the last game of a lousy 17 win season and was also "force fed." But it was gave Lakers fans and those who watched the game something positive and fun to take away from an otherwise crappy season.

Now go clear those damn kids off your lawn. lol

I have no issue with the Kobe thing.
Last home game of an all time great.
Game meant nothing for either team.
Why the fuck not?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the Kobe thing.
Last home game of an all time great.
Game meant nothing for either team.
Why the fuck not?

I look at Booker's 70 in kind of the same light. Obviously, what happened with Kobe had more meaning because of what you stated. But the game was meaningless for the Suns, other than them still managing to lose helps the tanking.

But Suns fans are all excited about it, so I can't really criticize it. Like I said, something positive in an otherwise long, losing season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL what Avatar you rolling with today?

C7vDwfKXUAARiM9.jpg

C7vHoHEVsAAXpMA.jpg

C7vAd5OVYAA1Fkl.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAYUM!!

I disagree here. 60 is pretty cool, but 70 is historic. The only reason people remembers Kobe's 60 in his last game is because it was his last game. Very few have ever scored 70 in any game.
In a Season full of lows, it's something nice for the fans and all the young kids on the roster.

Seriously, I went to two Suns games this Season and paid $6 per ticket.

Let them have the moral victory.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Season full of lows, it's something nice for the fans and all the young kids on the roster.

Seriously, I went to two Suns games this Season and paid $6 per ticket.

Let them have the moral victory.

The Celtics are acting super salty

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are acting super salty
Isiah was pretty critical. Maybe because it's his old Team?

Both guys have a point. But, I say let the Suns have their bright moment in a Season full of darkness.

"It was weird what they were doing," Thomas said. "I've never seen nothing like that, chasing those numbers."

The 5-9 point guard, who currently ranks third in the league in scoring (29.0 ppg), held mixed emotions about his younger counterpart's performance. His reasoning was two-fold:

1. Booker's team lost
  2. The Suns made clock-stopping efforts to push Booker to the 70-point mark even when the outcome was essentially decided
During postgame interviews, Thomas bluntly slapped his own perspective on what Booker did.

"We won the game. We're worried about the playoffs, and they're worried about the lottery," Thomas said. "You've gotta tip your hat off to Devin Booker. I mean, 70 points in Pro-Am in some cities is a lot of points. Seventy points in any league is a hell of a game. It's just how they did it at the end, and you can't even be mad at the players.

"It was different."

"I don't think anybody's ever seen that," Thomas said. "Continue to call time-outs, continue to foul when we're up 15. But, I mean, it was obvious what they were trying to do - get him the most points possible. Hats off to him, though. He played a hell of a game."

"The way our season's going right now, we're kind of looking for something to celebrate," Booker said. "That meant a lot to see my veterans happy...You have to see the beauty in it. At the end of the day, history was made."

Phoenix coach Earl Watson had a more blunt take.

"It's about letting our kids be great," Watson said. "You got a problem with that? Do something. Simple as that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's about letting our kids be great," Watson said. "You got a problem with that? Do something. Simple as that.

Boston kinda did do something. They won the game. The fouling at the end was way too lame for my liking

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isiah was pretty critical. Maybe because it's his old Team?

Both guys have a point. But, I say let the Suns have their bright moment in a Season full of darkness.

"It was weird what they were doing," Thomas said. "I've never seen nothing like that, chasing those numbers."

The 5-9 point guard, who currently ranks third in the league in scoring (29.0 ppg), held mixed emotions about his younger counterpart's performance. His reasoning was two-fold:

1. Booker's team lost
  2. The Suns made clock-stopping efforts to push Booker to the 70-point mark even when the outcome was essentially decided
During postgame interviews, Thomas bluntly slapped his own perspective on what Booker did.

"We won the game. We're worried about the playoffs, and they're worried about the lottery," Thomas said. "You've gotta tip your hat off to Devin Booker. I mean, 70 points in Pro-Am in some cities is a lot of points. Seventy points in any league is a hell of a game. It's just how they did it at the end, and you can't even be mad at the players.

"It was different."

"I don't think anybody's ever seen that," Thomas said. "Continue to call time-outs, continue to foul when we're up 15. But, I mean, it was obvious what they were trying to do - get him the most points possible. Hats off to him, though. He played a hell of a game."

"The way our season's going right now, we're kind of looking for something to celebrate," Booker said. "That meant a lot to see my veterans happy...You have to see the beauty in it. At the end of the day, history was made."

Phoenix coach Earl Watson had a more blunt take.

He's got to be kidding.
Do something about it?
They curb stomp HIS TEAM on a nightly basis.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You got a problem with that? Do something. Simple as that.

Last 10 games.

L to Wiz
L to Lakers (also tanking)
Beat Dallas by 2:clap:
L to Portland
L to KINGS
L to Magic
L to Pistons
L to Heat
L to Nets (by 28)
L to Celts

#assclown

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got to be kidding.
Do something about it?
They curb stomp HIS TEAM on a nightly basis.
Dude, Earl is a good rat.

As soon as the Team turns legit, he'll be unemployed.

#StopGap

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston kinda did do something. They won the game. The fouling at the end was way too lame for my liking
Agree.

It was very distasteful and tarnished the achievement for some.

But, FFS......

They haven't had much to hang their hats on this year.

This was not LiAngelo Ball not making it past halfcout, padding his stats to 92.

Book got about 60 of those points in a legit fashion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAYUM!!

Jordan never even hit 70

Status
Not open for further replies.