• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Draft thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that the Chiefs were the first NFL team to have zero TDs from a wide receiver in 50 years. If true, that is pretty amazing. They are rumored to be making a run at Philly's Jeremy Maclin, who played at Missouri and is from the state. But if they don't go free agency, you have to think they draft some receivers.

WR is a problem for KC no doubt. But the reason for that stat has as much if not more to do with the guy throwing the football.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="There is A Moose at 3rd, post: 6242424, member: 4976"Bowe smoking weed takes away some of the guarantees if IIRC. It opens the door for him to but cut. A June 1st cut frees up close to 10M this year which is crazy to think about, but some of that gets chucked down the road, too.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of contract clauses that reduced your contractual guarantees, but if so, it should be a no-brainer...Bowe is a #2 WR at best.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="There is A Moose at 3rd, post: 6242424, member: 4976"Bowe smoking weed takes away some of the guarantees if IIRC. It opens the door for him to but cut. A June 1st cut frees up close to 10M this year which is crazy to think about, but some of that gets chucked down the road, too.

I've never heard of contract clauses that reduced your contractual guarantees, but if so, it should be a no-brainer...Bowe is a #2 WR at best.[/QUOTE]

Apparently they do void his 2014 and 2015 guarantees for whatever reason due to the weed suspension he had at the beginning of the year. Seems underhanded by the NFL to me, but convenient for the Chiefs in this situation. Especially when rumor has it Cobb is asking or ~9M.

Basing Bowe's cap off of Overthecap right now.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Trae Waynes?

When I was watching, I really just saw potential. He looks like he can be a damn good cornerback, but without a #1 CB on your roster already, I'd stay away from him. He was a lockdown corner on his side of the field, but he seems as if he still needs time to grow. You draft him with a #1 CB already on the team, and I think he could develop into a top 5 CB within the next 5 years

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Trae Waynes?

When I was watching, I really just saw potential. He looks like he can be a damn good cornerback, but without a #1 CB on your roster already, I'd stay away from him. He was a lockdown corner on his side of the field, but he seems as if he still needs time to grow. You draft him with a #1 CB already on the team, and I think he could develop into a top 5 CB within the next 5 years

Unusually polished for a college CB. Some good coaches up there from my brief time researching the guy. Not too hyped on the CB's in this draft, but Wayne's game looks solid.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With such a need across the league it seems...I think as many as 4 CBs could go in the 1st round and Waynes is likely the 1st off the board.

I think the position in general...it's so rare to get an NFL ready player that you have to look at the potential...and then coach guys up...if you try to put a young CB on the field right away just because he was drafted high...you're asking for a Gilbert situation like last year....torched repeatedly, lost confidence and had to be pulled.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is a problem for KC no doubt. But the reason for that stat has as much if not more to do with the guy throwing the football.

Oh don't forget there coach as well...
Trust me 7 years of that guy running garbage wide outs over and over, then he finally stepped up and started taken legit wide outs, of course it was to late....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota reportedly coming off very well in interviews at the combine. That's not surprising IMO. I don't see this guy dropping.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota reportedly coming off very well in interviews at the combine. That's not surprising IMO. I don't see this guy dropping.
No question he'll ace any interview. I think like most QB's coming in, he'll need time to adjust before we know what he might become.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious to hear how Winston is doing in the interviews. I think he will drop if he gets by Tampa.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh don't forget there coach as well...
Trust me 7 years of that guy running garbage wide outs over and over, then he finally stepped up and started taken legit wide outs, of course it was to late....

Reid always had this bizarre notion that he could run a pass happy offense with a talented RB catching a ton of passes and scrubs at WR. It actually worked pretty well in the regular season, but come playoff time it always got shut down by good defenses. The only time he made the Super Bowl, not coincidentally, he has an elite receiver, Terrell Owens.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time he made the Super Bowl, not coincidentally, he has an elite receiver, Freddie Mitchell.
Fixed. TO was injured in the playoffs till the Super Bowl I do believe.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, he only played in the Super Bowl after getting hurt on a horse collar tackle against Dallas, the play that made that kind of tackle illegal. I stand corrected. Of course they had a nice record and first round bye thanks to TO. But they beat Atlanta with no receivers to finally get over the NFC title game hump and make the SB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious to hear how Winston is doing in the interviews. I think he will drop if he gets by Tampa.

Yeah...I think TN will still old firm if they don't intend to take Mariota...but I could see teams still moving up. Or him going to NYJ.

If this were the old rookie contracts that Jamarcus Russell and the like got...yes, I could see him dropping much further.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

Just look at Crabtree's production spike the moment SF made the switch from Smith to Kap.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres my post combine 1st round mock
1 TB Jameis Winston
2 TEN Leonard Williams
3 JAX Dante Fowler
4 OAK Kevin White
5 WAS Vic Beasley
6 NYJ Amari Cooper
7 CHI Marcus Mariota
8 ATL Shane Ray
9 NYG Trae Waynes
10 STL Brandon Sherff
11 MIN Ereck Flowers
12 CLE Devante Parker
13 NO Marcus Peters
14 MIA Eddie Goldman
15 SF Dorial Green-Beckham
16 HOU Landon Collins
17 SD Andrus Peat
18 KC Jaelen Strong
19 CLE Danny Shelton
20 PHI Kevin Johnson
21 CIN La'el Collins
22 PIT PJ Williams
23 DET Cameron Erving
24 ARI Alvin Dupree
25 CAR TJ Clemmings
26 BAL Melvin Gordon
27 DAL Malcom Brown
28 DEN Devin Funchess
29 IND Randy Gregory
30 GB Jordan Phillips
31 SEA Maxx Williams
32 NE Jake Fisher

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres my post combine 1st round mock
1 TB Jameis Winston
2 TEN Leonard Williams
3 JAX Dante Fowler
4 OAK Kevin White
5 WAS Vic Beasley
6 NYJ Amari Cooper
7 CHI Marcus Mariota
8 ATL Shane Ray
9 NYG Trae Waynes
10 STL Brandon Sherff
11 MIN Ereck Flowers
12 CLE Devante Parker
13 NO Marcus Peters
14 MIA Eddie Goldman
15 SF Dorial Green-Beckham
16 HOU Landon Collins
17 SD Andrus Peat
18 KC Jaelen Strong
19 CLE Danny Shelton
20 PHI Kevin Johnson
21 CIN La'el Collins
22 PIT PJ Williams
23 DET Cameron Erving
24 ARI Alvin Dupree
25 CAR TJ Clemmings
26 BAL Melvin Gordon
27 DAL Malcom Brown
28 DEN Devin Funchess
29 IND Randy Gregory
30 GB Jordan Phillips
31 SEA Maxx Williams
32 NE Jake Fisher

Pretty good effort here...especially your top 7. Idk about Gregory dropping that far though. And very doubtful BAL will take a RB that early. We'll have to see what Shane Ray's pro day looks like...I can see ATL taking him @ 8. PIT will have a hard decision if Dupree is on the board @ 22...I can see them going with him and circling back to Alex Carter or one of the other CBs in the 2nd.

Obviously you're not factoring trades, but I can see Lebeau having some influence on the TN pick...trading down and going for the big NT Shelton since they're migrating to a 3-4 and don't really have a legit NT.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Trae Waynes?

CB really is one of the hardest positions to transition to in the pros. Heck guys like Sherman and Revis were considered almost human their rookie years. So if the potential is there and some decent tape (which Waynes actually has) then I think he is one worth taking a chance on. Teams will need to protect him a bit though as I think teams who take a Corner early just expect they are going to be a Sherman or Revis from day 1 and that is just not the case. Then we see some of these young corners lose all confidence and some just never recover. I'm afraid we might see that with Gilbert. All the talent in the world but his team really did him no favors.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well from the sound of it teams have been just blown away by Winston and his intelligence. There are reports that teams have not seen a player this smart when it comes to football since Manning was going through these interviews. I don't think Winston falls if he gets by Tampa. I think Tennessee actually takes him as I do think teams are starting to view Winston much higher after the Combine process. From what I understand he did a very good job of showing that he has matured and that he has put the red flag issues behind him.