• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NBA Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is the worst PG in the league that gets starter type minutes? I think its PROBABLy MArio Chalmers-lets take a look....ole SUPERMARIO gets about 30 minutes a game according to ESPN

the ones who are easily better that no sane person would argue are:

Lowry in Toronto
Wall in Wash
Teague in ATL
Rose in CHI
Irving in CLE
DWill in Brooklyn
Walker in Charlotte
Curry in GS
Conley in Memphis
Lillard in Portland
Rondo in Dallas
CP in LAC
Parker in SAS
Holliday in NO
RW in OKC
Bledsoe AND Dragic AND Thomas in Sun Valley
Lawson in Denver
Rubio in Minne
Brandon Jennings in DET

Young guys who have way more talent who would laugh Miami off the phone if they were offered Chalmers for their PG

Oladipo (and probably Payton) in ORL
Burke and Exum in Utah
MCW in Philly
Smart in Boston

This leaves us with
Brandon Knight in Milwaukee
Rodney Stuckey in IND
Jose Calderon in NYK
Patrick Beverly in HOU
Collison in Sactown
Jeremy Lin in LAL

While its pretty clear Brandon Knight is not gonna live up to being the 4th pick-he is young- has definitely improved under Kidd this year- and has a lot more natural talent than Chalmers- id take Knight- as would i think most people

Rodney Stuckey is pretty bad---him or Chalmers might actually be a very heated (no pun intended) debate...i wouldnt call either side crazy siding with one guy or the other

Jose Calderon is old. He is wearing down. He is still a great free throw shooter- and can still stretcht he D- things Chalmers is not nearly as good at. Chalmers probably plays better D- but is definitely not nearly as intelligent. Id take Calderon- as I think most people would

Patrick Beverly- only because he does not have much of a starting PG do i put him here- he is as hard nosed of a defender as there is in the league- and does the dirty work on a team that doesnt need a scorer- id take him over chalmers any day as i think most people would.

Collison is a guy that you like having as a backup- but leaves you at a huge disadvantage if you start the guy considering the other PGs int he league. I could see a case for Chalmers over him- depending on what i needed on my team i would probably even take chalmers over him- i could see it either way- but id actually probably lean towards chalmers

Jeremy Lin in LA- The guy has had his moments- and can win a game on his own from time to time when he gets hot. For this reason alone i would take him over Chalmers- as i dont know if you could ever look back at a game in Chalmers career- and say- damn- we won becausehe played great that game....Id take Lin- as i thinkmost people would

in my conclusion- Chalmers is the 2nd worst starting PG in the NBA- id rather probably have a handful of backups- than him--- id PROBABLY take him over Collison though....

as for as backup PG's go....ID DEFINITELY take Dion Waiters over Chalmers....and i might even take Delledova- Lou Williams is listed as a PG on the Toronto depth chart and id def rather have him, Andre Miller is listed on Wash's depth chart as a PG - id rather have him too....as for as talent goes- give me Dennis Shroeder of ATL over Chalmers as well....as stated above- definitely Thomas and Dragic- but its kinda hard to call them backups since they play so much (why i listed them above), id have to think about Kendall MArshall- he actually had some moments for the Lakers last year,

Miami really needs to stop giving this guy 30 minutes a night. He must have some really incriminating evidence against Spoelstra and or Riley...maybe he walked in on something between the two he should not have seen.....

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy i like your summary and your spot on with Danny s delay. I think he thought Love would come if he had a star here.

That brings up Love. I will be frank, so far, it seems to me he is overrated. In a system in Minnesota he shined, but was not multi dimensional. Now, I just don't see him being rounded enough to be a super star . Still a star but not a franchise changer.

To me, some players that are becoming elite level this year are Curry, Brow, harden. Brow will be the highest paid player in two years.

I see a few teams teetering and may be in a rebuild that was not expected a year ago.

Finally, Boston has the 4th best offense in the league and 1/3 into season is the 8th seed and would go to the playoffs as of today. East does suck but that would be great experience . Looking forward to seeing how Smart develops. Green has been fAntastic, thriving in Brad Stevens schemes. Quietly, Stevens is getting his coaching g mojo back like he had in college.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love misinformed idiots. Chalmers get all of his minutes as the backup SHOOTING GUARD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Chalmers become a starting point guard? Basically all of his starts came at shooting guard while wade was out

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is overrated and so is kyrie. Cleveland would be better off drafting a true pg and moving kyrie to shooting guard.

Cleveland has basically turned love into a one dimensional spot up shooter

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is overrated and so is kyrie. Cleveland would be better off drafting a true pg and moving kyrie to shooting guard.

Cleveland has basically turned love into a one dimensional spot up shooter

Love is not over rated

He has been a top 3 PF for the last 4 seasons

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is not over rated

He has been a top 3 PF for the last 4 seasons

Well Cleveland is not using him properly.

And he was not the best PF over the last 4 seasons....unless you don't care about defense

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cleveland is not using him properly.

And he was not the best PF over the last 4 seasons....unless you don't care about defense

where did I say he was the best? I said top 3

And anyone that has Lebron isn't going to use secondarys players to their potential

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad... read your post wrong.

Thought you said he was the top PF in 3 of the last 4 seasons

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs are the best team in the NBA in my opinion.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MAVS have yet to be a western playoff team.

But, I guess they will have their best shot tonight at home.

Pop is once again resting Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard, and maybe Splitter.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not want to degrade Love on here for sure. maybe neither under or over rated.........but is he a franchise changer?

The Brow is for sure. Love is just ehhh on that front

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not want to degrade Love on here for sure. maybe neither under or over rated.........but is he a franchise changer?

The Brow is for sure. Love is just ehhh on that front

I don't think any franchise look at love as the center piece to turn a franchise around

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MAVS have yet to be a western playoff team.

But, I guess they will have their best shot tonight at home.

Pop is once again resting Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard, and maybe Splitter.

The mavs beat the pelicans twice....no need to lie

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Pelicans took over from the SUNS swoon....

I did not realize they were a playoff team now at 13-12 in the 8 spot

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't really watched much but loves have gone down. Not a suprise. Kyrie isn't a good fit on that team. And fit really matters in the nba

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. He'll have plenty of interested teams.

Last edited by a moderator: