• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NBA Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors clearly prefer to play Atlanta over Cleveland which is bad news for Atlanta considering the dominant season series by Toronto

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: the Rockets

The KJ Daniels trade was an ill advised panic move to avoid having to pay him this summer. But everyone knows MCW was only RoY because it was a weak rookie class and he was given a green light to shoot every time he touched the ball. But it was pretty obvious that a shoot first point guard who can't actually shoot does not fit well into a rebuilding team's long term plans.

And what you call "trying" to win on the part of the Lakers is really just an excuse for bad management. They traded the farm to acquire Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, only to have Dwight bolt after a year and Nash to retire. Now they have zero assets and don't even own their own picks outright until 2019. Compare that with Philly who have acquired potentially the best player in each of the last two drafts, potentially two top 6 picks this year, and have a multitude of other team's picks in the future with which to fill out their roster. But I suppose you guys prefer the Lakers approach of bad management to the 76ers approach to acquire as many assets as possible.

Do you ever fact check before posting because you frequently get a lot of information wrong? The Lakers do have 'assets' and do own some of their picks through 2019.

Yeah, I guess he doesn't realize that if the Lakers stay in the top of the lottery (about an 83% chance if memory serves), they will have 4 draft picks this year alone.

I guess Google is just too complicated for some folks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee has actually played well lately. It doesn't matter wizards still are a tough matchup.

3-0 vs Wizards this year.

I would be surprised if Washington is able to even win 2 games against Toronto

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee has actually played well lately. It doesn't matter wizards still are a tough matchup.

Bulls should have an easy time with the Bucks.
Very little travel also.
Hopefully they are fresh and healthy for the round 2 Cavs series.
That one should be fun.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls should have an easy time with the Bucks.
Very little travel also.
Hopefully they are fresh and healthy for the round 2 Cavs series.
That one should be fun.

I think might give them a tough battle IMO. Bucks are great on defense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think might give them a tough battle IMO. Bucks are great on defense

If by tough battle you mean close games I agree if you mean in length of series I disagree.

5 game series with 3 or 4 close games

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors clearly prefer to play Atlanta over Cleveland which is bad news for Atlanta considering the dominant season series by Toronto

I'm not overly worried about the season series. Two of those games were really early in the season when the Hawks were hovering around .500. Toronto beat us by 25 last game, but they haven't been playing well since then (11-16).

I would definitely choose Washington over Toronto though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not overly worried about the season series. Two of those games were really early in the season when the Hawks were hovering around .500. Toronto beat us by 25 last game, but they haven't been playing well since then (11-16).

I would definitely choose Washington over Toronto though.

When people think like that the basketball gods will come back to bite you in the ass anyway.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the year where the way to build a championship team is in doubt. For the last decades the path was always get a great player or two and surround them with a supporting cast, Bulls Dynasty with Jordan, Lakers with Magic then a decade later with Kobe and Shaq, Lebron where ever he goes. If you do not have the great player, tank and try to get the number 1 draft pick and pray it is a great player. However the Spurs had the build a great team strategy and they quietly won 5 championships, Tim Duncan won two MVP's in 2002 or 2003 but no one thinks he is the best player or in the top of the game for a while now. Detroit won a few championships without the best players, sorry Isaiah Thomas, but this year Atlanta is the top team in the east, Golden State in the West, the new team is more important than the isolation play, teams are doing better. Oklahoma City did not make the playoffs with their big two players hurt much of the year.

So will LeBron still the best player in the NBA and Cleveland, Houston with Harden / Howard, or will it be Golden State, Atlanta, San Antonio and one of the other team models that win the championship?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among many other issues facing the Nuggets heading into the offseason, Randy Foye has a team option worth $3.5 million.

Foye had a good March.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the year where the way to build a championship team is in doubt. For the last decades the path was always get a great player or two and surround them with a supporting cast, Bulls Dynasty with Jordan, Lakers with Magic then a decade later with Kobe and Shaq, Lebron where ever he goes. If you do not have the great player, tank and try to get the number 1 draft pick and pray it is a great player. However the Spurs had the build a great team strategy and they quietly won 5 championships, Tim Duncan won two MVP's in 2002 or 2003 but no one thinks he is the best player or in the top of the game for a while now. Detroit won a few championships without the best players, sorry Isaiah Thomas, but this year Atlanta is the top team in the east, Golden State in the West, the new team is more important than the isolation play, teams are doing better. Oklahoma City did not make the playoffs with their big two players hurt much of the year.

So will LeBron still the best player in the NBA and Cleveland, Houston with Harden / Howard, or will it be Golden State, Atlanta, San Antonio and one of the other team models that win the championship?
Really, the only team that this applies to is the Hawks. Curry is certainly a superstar for the Warriors and will likely win the MVP. Klay is a star also on that team. When did the Spurs start their great run at the end of the season? When Loenard returned. You know, the guy who was the NBA Finals MVP last year. The Hawks are the only team on this list who don't have a superstar ala the 2004 Pistons. Yes, those other teams play team ball, but they still have stars. But that has been the case forever in the NBA; even when you have a superstar (which is a must to win the Championship [the aforementioned Pistons being the exception]) you still need to play team basketball.