• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NBA Season Thread

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs win 50 games again for the 16th consecutive year
That is more than half the franchises have 50 win seasons period, yet alone consecutive

And if wasnt for the 37-13 year in 1999 (probably best Spurs team ever), they would have 18 in a row.
Even the 66 game season did not prevent the streak from ending...

We are extremely blessed and grateful as Spurs fans for something unheard of in modern sports.
25 out of last 26 seasons in the playoffs as well.

Now, I just hope Tiago Splitter is okay. The Spurs really need him versus low post deficient teams like GSW to win. IF he is hurt long term....ughhh....

Great achievement! Also low post deficient ? Are you saying Draymond and bogut can't defend? LOL

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Millsap had a rough collision with a Nets player tonight. I'm hearing he's okay though.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think its crazy how much it was addition by subtraction for the Pistons to get rid of Josh Smith. Its a bold move when you get rid of a guy with- what i think was 2 years left at a huge salary- especially witha guy who definitely can still do some things on the court- but they really knew what they were doing and i give Van Gundy a lot of credit for it.

This Pistons team is interesting to watch - even without Jennings on the court. Drummond is on track to be one of the best bigs in the league- hes almost there now even-Monroe might be gone- which wont help them- thats for sure- but hes redundant toDrummond in a lot of ways-----

You have to love their trade for Reggie Jackson too. The guy has talent- he scorched Dragic toniht and hit a game winner in a game that did not mean anything to the Pistons and was their 4th in 5 nights. I hope Detroit pays him- but doesnt have to go crazy paying him. He is at 17 pts 8.5 assists since coming over! thats awesome....and he shoots better than Jennings....

if they built around Jackson and Drummond- and KCP as a shooter- they might have a pretty good team in a year or two...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think its crazy how much it was addition by subtraction for the Pistons to get rid of Josh Smith. Its a bold move when you get rid of a guy with- what i think was 2 years left at a huge salary- especially witha guy who definitely can still do some things on the court- but they really knew what they were doing and i give Van Gundy a lot of credit for it.

This Pistons team is interesting to watch - even without Jennings on the court. Drummond is on track to be one of the best bigs in the league- hes almost there now even-Monroe might be gone- which wont help them- thats for sure- but hes redundant toDrummond in a lot of ways-----

You have to love their trade for Reggie Jackson too. The guy has talent- he scorched Dragic toniht and hit a game winner in a game that did not mean anything to the Pistons and was their 4th in 5 nights. I hope Detroit pays him- but doesnt have to go crazy paying him. He is at 17 pts 8.5 assists since coming over! thats awesome....and he shoots better than Jennings....

if they built around Jackson and Drummond- and KCP as a shooter- they might have a pretty good team in a year or two...

What about Monroe?

And did you even watch the Heat game?
Dragic was fine.
Jackson was also very good, but a lot of what he did was because he could race down court with the ball after some missed crazy shots the Heat players took.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Monroe?

And did you even watch the Heat game?
Dragic was fine.
Jackson was also very good, but a lot of what he did was because he could race down court with the ball after some missed crazy shots the Heat players took.

I think out of Monroe and Drummond- Drummond is definitely the better player- and he is younger- and has a much higher ceiling. Not to knock Monroe- i think he is a very good player- but he is not Andre Drummond who has a chance to be one of the better bigs in the entire league- Drummond is at like 14pts and over 13 boards a game and he is only 21 years old! hes a beast. I dont know a better young big in the entire East.

As everyone has seen - the NBA has gone to a lot of spacing- and giving Monroe big money to play next to Drummond is a waste in my mind since I think they should try and get a Ryan Anderson type to play next to him. Its awfully hard to have 2 starting big men making a ton of money when neither one can really space the floor that effectively.

As for did i watch the game? uhh- hell no- i went out and watched the Final Four- Pistons/Heat was not high on my list. I did watch the highlights and read the recap and box score- and it seemed rather obvious that Jackson was the best player on the court that game, do you disagree?

Jackson went for a game high 29 on 11/18 shooting with 11 assists and hit the game winner. Its pretty obvious that he scorched his counterpart- all though I have no doubt- like you said- that he pushed the ball every opportunity he got. If I am the Pistons I pay this guy- especially since he is young and has his best basketball in front of him and seems to have that competitive streak which is important when paying a guy big money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great achievement! Also low post deficient ? Are you saying Draymond and bogut can't defend? LOL

Green is an amazing defender. I love his versatility. I watched him shut down Love in the game the Cavs whooped on the Warriors. He is the perfect defender of the new model NBA 4 that can play both inside and outside- and then Green can move to the 3 and cover that very well too unless there is a guy there that is just a freak.

In some ways- i think that this might be GSWs best shot since i dont expect Green to be back next year....do you?

I suppose they could try and move Lee and or Bogut to keep Green- but i dont know if they can/will.....

what do you think Hambombs? There is a lot of salary on GSW and its obvious that after this year something is going to have to give...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is an amazing defender. I love his versatility. I watched him shut down Love in the game the Cavs whooped on the Warriors. He is the perfect defender of the new model NBA 4 that can play both inside and outside- and then Green can move to the 3 and cover that very well too unless there is a guy there that is just a freak.

In some ways- i think that this might be GSWs best shot since i dont expect Green to be back next year....do you?

I suppose they could try and move Lee and or Bogut to keep Green- but i dont know if they can/will.....

what do you think Hambombs? There is a lot of salary on GSW and its obvious that after this year something is going to have to give...

My prediction is they will re sign him. Cause he's perfect with curry and I think they move lee this offseason

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only halftime but OKC does not have the horses to stay with Houston right now. Only playing 8 players.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban and Carlisle need to calm down and focus on winning games. They're using this incident with Dirk getting kneed as an outlet to vent out their frustration over losing a home game. Shaun Livingston is not a dirty player, no prior incidents between him and Dirk, everyone likes Dirk, and the Warriors were not desperate to win the game. The game was well in hand. It was an accident, let it go and move on, focus your energies on winning the rest of your games.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks are on the verge of breaking the franchise record for regular season wins.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the replay of that last 'non-call' of the foul on Curry for the 3-pointed. Over and over. It was the correct call. I know Warriors' fans(?) don't see it that way, of course. The defender stands straight up, arms up... that's his space. Curry can jump into him all he wants, but that's a good defensive play. Granted, sometimes a player might get the benefit of a foul there. But, that doesn't make it the right call.

No foul... good call. Get over it. Believe it or not, the Warriors aren't going to get all the calls, and they're not the greatest team to ever step on the court.

You better hope they get a lot more of this type of game from Bogut. because they'll need that to win it all. Not likely... Because Bogut just doesn't have that kind of game in him very often. But, be happy he was there last night, or this loss would have been a lot worse.

BTW... notice this... Thompson doesn't shoot well against a quality team... loss. Get ready... here come the playoffs. Where D tightens up... and so do many inexperienced jump shooters.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the warriors said last night would be a scrimmage? Idiots

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the warriors suddenly demeaning opponents?

It is very dumb and seemingly out of character.

It accomplishes nothing but pisses off your likely 1st round opponent who could easily take a cheap shot in anger at one of your stars.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess instead of backtracking on calling the Pelicans a "scrimmage", the Warriors decide to double down.

Now they are calling the Clippers a cocky bunch of nobodies who have won nothing??

Kerr might need to muzzle his guys soon.

Confidence is great. But, the storyline can quickly morph into douchebaggery instead of a great storyline.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the warriors suddenly demeaning opponents?

It is very dumb and seemingly out of character.

It accomplishes nothing but pisses off your likely 1st round opponent who could easily take a cheap shot in anger at one of your stars.

Plus, in the West, there are no easy outs. Would be pretty funny if they got eliminated in the 1st round by a team that they popped off about.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, in the West, there are no easy outs. Would be pretty funny if they got eliminated in the 1st round by a team that they popped off about.

If any franchise knows that a #1 seed doesn't guarantee you a playoff series win... it should be the Warriors