• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NBA Season Thread

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thabo out for the season. :L

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60th win for the Hawks tonight.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland must really want Boston in the playoffs. They've sat people in their last 2 games against them, basically giving Boston the W.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland must really want Boston in the playoffs. They've sat people in their last 2 games against them, basically giving Boston the W.

Yep not sure why.

Boston can give them trouble. I would prefer Brooklyn

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep not sure why.

Boston can give them trouble. I would prefer Brooklyn

Give the Cavs trouble? Nah. Not unless trouble means one or two games are relatively close

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cleveland is just really scared of Brooklyn/Indy?

Best I can figure is they might be trying to avoid Indy. They should wreck Boston. Stevens has done an excellent job with that group and might be able to make a game close but the Cavs should sweep them.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the potential Cleveland opponents... I would rank Boston as the least scary, I think most people would agree. Nets, Pacers, & Heat all have significant playoff experience on their roster.

I doubt Cleveland is being that intentional about it, though. The Celtics just happened to face the Cavs twice in a row immediately after the 2 seed was cemented.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: the Rockets

The KJ Daniels trade was an ill advised panic move to avoid having to pay him this summer. But everyone knows MCW was only RoY because it was a weak rookie class and he was given a green light to shoot every time he touched the ball. But it was pretty obvious that a shoot first point guard who can't actually shoot does not fit well into a rebuilding team's long term plans.

And what you call "trying" to win on the part of the Lakers is really just an excuse for bad management. They traded the farm to acquire Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, only to have Dwight bolt after a year and Nash to retire. Now they have zero assets and don't even own their own picks outright until 2019. Compare that with Philly who have acquired potentially the best player in each of the last two drafts, potentially two top 6 picks this year, and have a multitude of other team's picks in the future with which to fill out their roster. But I suppose you guys prefer the Lakers approach of bad management to the 76ers approach to acquire as many assets as possible.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: the Rockets

The KJ Daniels trade was an ill advised panic move to avoid having to pay him this summer. But everyone knows MCW was only RoY because it was a weak rookie class and he was given a green light to shoot every time he touched the ball. But it was pretty obvious that a shoot first point guard who can't actually shoot does not fit well into a rebuilding team's long term plans.

And what you call "trying" to win on the part of the Lakers is really just an excuse for bad management. They traded the farm to acquire Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, only to have Dwight bolt after a year and Nash to retire. Now they have zero assets and don't even own their own picks outright until 2019. Compare that with Philly who have acquired potentially the best player in each of the last two drafts, potentially two top 6 picks this year, and have a multitude of other team's picks in the future with which to fill out their roster. But I suppose you guys prefer the Lakers approach of bad management to the 76ers approach to acquire as many assets as possible.

Do you ever fact check before posting because you frequently get a lot of information wrong? The Lakers do have 'assets' and do own some of their picks through 2019.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get that mentality. Why would you be angry that your team played their asses off and beat the top team in the East? Obviously, building for the future is important, but that starts by winning games and getting some confidence into the young guys you have now.

Check their roster. Like maybe 1 to 2 guys max have a future with the Knicks (and that's as a non rotation starter), or really an NBA future. They ain't building shit winning a game in late April. But what they are doing is potentially hurting their draft position. The Knicks tore their roster apart and trotted out D-Leaguers for the sole purpose of tanking for that top draft slot/worst record. That worst record may not get them #1 overall, but it basically guarantees them a top 3 pick. So its comical that they've stunk all year losing games to reach that goal and right at the end of the season, they win games and could potentially slip to 3 worst overall (meaning they could draft as low as 6th). Whatever gains Langston Galloway makes for the future is totally washed away if you blow your shot at a future with Karl Anthony Towns.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check their roster. Like maybe 1 to 2 guys max have a future with the Knicks (and that's as a non rotation starter), or really an NBA future. They ain't building shit winning a game in late April. But what they are doing is potentially hurting their draft position. The Knicks tore their roster apart and trotted out D-Leaguers for the sole purpose of tanking for that top draft slot/worst record. That worst record may not get them #1 overall, but it basically guarantees them a top 3 pick. So its comical that they've stunk all year losing games to reach that goal and right at the end of the season, they win games and could potentially slip to 3 worst overall (meaning they could draft as low as 6th). Whatever gains Langston Galloway makes for the future is totally washed away if you blow your shot at a future with Karl Anthony Towns.

I guess I can understand that, although I really hate tanking.