• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NBA Season Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt it. They were always a middle of the league team in terms of ft differential/fts attempted

Cmon man

Wade and LeBron were bailed out more times then anyone

Lebron still gets bailed out non stop in Cleveland

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game of the year

Memphis win 117-116

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of the Spurs.

They never play their entire lineup.

They go and sit Tony Parker and Kawahi Leonard tonight......lose by 1 point in triple overtime

Now they are forced to sit Duncan and Ginobili next game thanks to the minutes.

I cannot remember the last time this team bothered to play its lineup for 2 games in a row.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a shame someone had to lose that game.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to play, a Spur must:
1) be 100% healthy with at least 3 doctors certified in writing...no 99.999 healthy allowed
2) have gotten 9 hours of sleep captured on tape to verify
3) not played more than 30 minutes in any of the 3 previous games
4) not be playing on any day ending the letter "Y"

Otherwise, Pop is giving you the night off in streetclothes for his mad scientist strategy.
They are going to screw around and miss the freaking playoffs if they don't ever take things serious.

It is reaching silly status soon. It is starting to get very tiresome.

Occaisonally let them play even if they are dinged up or slightly tired.....jeez....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Parker actually hurt though? Can't play with hamstrings.

If you rush back you can easily tear and be out a few months.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both late games are down to one point leads with a minute or less to go

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden just drilled a 3 in Arthur's face to put Houston up 2

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some contender will be lucky to get him

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dominant win for the Raptors
21-6

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you like to be a Spurs season ticket holder? 2nd straight triple OT game at home for the Spurs

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not exactly happy.

Spurs about to lose their 4th overtime game in 10 days. 3rd straight overtime loss at home.

They are playing all these games short-handed, and play hard enough to deserve a win...but keep coming up short in overtime.

It is freakish.

They got a road back-to-back after another triple overtime loss....so it means Duncan/Ginobili wont play tomorrow. It will be another Popovich lay down to give them 3 losses in a row.

They better get the team healthy soon. This is demoralizing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally rest my password- had totally forgotten it and my username until i went back and checked months of emails and got it figured it out.....

ughhh...

definitely have to swallow a large amount of crow on the Cavs. It does not appear they have much chance at 60 wins at this point to say the least.

At least Blatt is beginning to trust the bench more- Miller went off tonight, Dion seems to finally have accepted and is adjusting to his role...

the down sides have without a doubt been pick and roll defense, LeBron's shockingly off and on athleticism, Blatt's lack of faith in the bench and poor rotations, Blatt insisting on playing Delledova in crunch time for some truly ridiculous reason, LeBron's turnovers, Love not being as aggresive as he should, Blatt playing the starters- especially Bron and Kyrie WAAAAAAAAY too many minutes

the stuff that has looked good?

Kyrie and LeBron taking minimal time to look good on offense- as Brian Windhorst said (who no one has watched moreLeBron basketball in his career) that it took Kyrie and LeBron about a month and a half to get where Dwade and LeBron where after a full year,

Tristan Thompson, Varejao and Love hitting the boards- and TT taking pressure off of Andy from playing so many minutes

Kyrie has definitely stepped up defensively, and while itsn ot saying much to say he is playing the best defense of his career- he really has stepped his game on that side---- and truly- the guy is just one of the most fun players to watch in the league- I will agree with Windhorst who said as far as ball handling and creativity, not many guys who have ever laced up sneakers have Kyrie's handle.

Mike Miller and James Jones- once buried on the bench- have had their moments lately- and hopefully Blatt will begin to trust them more and more- he NEEDS to

Shawn Marion- he does not score many points- but he does the dirty work, plays tough D and never complains- and acts like the consumate pro

Kevin Love outlet passes- a thing of beauty for basketball purists- you have to love his attitude as well despite him being the one of the big 3 taking the longest time to adjust

and finally- just good to see LeBron back in a Cavs uniform- I have not seen 1 chase down block- he doesnt slam the ball or make jaw-dropping athletic plays like he used to on a regular basis (all though he can still switch to that gear when need-be), but his IQ is off the charts- and his leadership, and the weapons on this team will extend his career- if he was still on the Heat he would be lugging around a 600lb anvil on his back

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for some of my other predictions and statements- a look at about the quarter pole of the season (slightly past that actually)

-Raptors really have been very good- the Cavs have been 2-1 against them- but ill tell ya- the Cavs won the 1st game because Valunciunas got in bad foul trouble early and fouled out (the Cavs went on to dominate that game) and the 2nd game was close until the end and very evenly matched. Lowry really blew the 3rd game when he tried to play heroball in the last 2 minutes and went 1-7 in the 4th qtr....the first game that the Raptors dominated Lou Williams had an insane game and went for like 35...This would be a solid series- but one that i would predict a Cavs win in 6

-Nothing would give Cavs fan more pleasure than a 1 vs. 8 or a 2 vs. 7 against the Heat and wipe them off the map. As predicated Wade has had injury issues, Deng is averaging his lowest scoring total in 10 years- I saw it on the Cavs- Thibs ran this guy into the ground and while he is still useful- he will never again sniff an all star team that is for sure, Riley took a risk on Napier to try and appease LeBron which has backfired- i think he is in the dleague right now, Bosh really started off well and looked like he could be "the man" but perhaps predicably at this point his body might not be able to take that night in and night out- Mario Chalmers is averaging under 5 assists a game, under 30% from 3 and is shooting less than 43%....its hard to win in a league stacked with point guards when your point guard is probably a bottom 5 starting point guard in the league

Kyrie has NOT gotten hurt, has not butted heads with LeBron and has deferred to him and let LeBron control the ball a lot- and his shooting %'s have shot back up, and he is playing solid D

Varejao has been able to reduce his minutes to 25 a game with other solid bigs for depth around him like Marion and TT off the bench- he is shooting a career high from the floor and is 5th in the East in FG%.....great combination to stay healthy- 2 years 20 million with a 1 year 10M option for the third year looks like a great deal right now

DRose keeps getting hurt and missing games

I was legitimately shocked when the Cavs lost to the Knicks on opening night. It has not surprised me the Knicks only have 4 wins since than- and there has been rampant in-fighting on the team and that they are just awful. At least they own their pick this year

Milwaukee looks like they have a legit future- and the BobCats made a terrible chemistry destroying move with signing stephenson and they have paid for it dearly- each team has really surprised me.

the Lakers really blew it not having any picks to land Rondo- he wouldve righted the ship and given them hope- now they just better find a way to keep their pick next year or this season truly becomes an unmitigated disaster. Kobe shooting 38% on 22 shots a game is just dreadful. Jordan Hill actually has really turned the corner from presumed lotto bust into a very solid big man. Solid move bringing him back- hopefully they keep him. Hed be a good match with Randle. Personally I am so bummed Randle got hurt. I think he shouldve gone no lower than 4 and in a normal year couldve had a chance to go 1....

Id hate to see Atlanta ruin their chemistry- being at 18-7- they are good- Millsap and Horford isa damn good front court- Korver makes that whole offense go-----but i just dont thinkthey could get out of the 2nd round without a go-to perimeter guy that can get his own shot when defenses get tough in the playoffs

The Celtics really shit the bed on the Rondo deal. pre injury they couldve got a TRUCKLOAD for him. As soonas they dealt Garnett and Pierce and commited tothe rebuild he shouldve been dealt. They held on- he got injured, and is no one the last year of his deal, the Celts lost all leverage and were reduced to taking some poor draft picks and a couple role players. That hurts- Ainge's indecisiveness really set them back