• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Wimbledon official thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Murray win so I can stop hearing about Wimbledon not having a champ from Great Britain

I think most everyone does. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it just so the focus goes back to the tournament itself and not the fact that is has been like 75 or 80 years since a Brit won it. On the womens side, I think Robson could win it before she is done too so it will put the whole thing to bed for decades. I think it is 35 years on the womens side now too so hopefully in the next 5 years or so both win and that will be that.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please; the real choke job happened a couple days ago! Verdasco should have finished Murray off in straight sets! He's done it all too often playing against the top players and I feel for his fans to see this happen again and again; esp. against Nadal! No lead is safe with a lot of these 2nd and 3rd tier players!

Agreed. I cant understand Almagro either. The guy has more talent in his little finger then most players on tour and yet he can never make a serious run at a major. Too much of a headcase I guess.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would be a bigger deal for the UK: Prince William's Kid or Murray beating Joker?

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would be a bigger deal for the UK: Prince William's Kid or Murray beating Joker?

Without a doubt, Murray winning Wimbledon! I think they've already let it slip that the baby's a girl if not twins! If it was a boy, I'd think differently, but according to current legislation, she'll still be the next in line after her father! Harry can rest assured he has no shot! For a while, Andy will be KING if he wins this Wimbledon! Not sure what happened after winnig the Olympics! It came and went as far as I was concerned after Roger went down to defeat; again! Not realistic to think he can do anything in 3 years at Rio Games; and more tha likely on clay! :noidea::L

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a horrible performance by Lisicki. Couldn't get a first serve in and sprayed shots everywhere. Both of these girls are second tier players so I guess someone had to win. Too bad Radwanska didn't make the final, she would have picked Fatty apart.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a horrible performance by Lisicki. Couldn't get a first serve in and sprayed shots everywhere. Both of these girls are second tier players so I guess someone had to win. Too bad Radwanska didn't make the final, she would have picked Fatty apart.

Both Lisicki and Bartoli deserve the title a hell of a lot more than Aggy. You need to be proactive to win a GS, not rely on your opponent to make mistakes. Radwanska tried to be the agresor a bit against Lisicki (to her credit) but she just isn't that good at it. At some point, she needs to decide if she wants to stay #4 without a slam or take the chance to develop power. She might fall outside the top 10, but if she succeeds, she'd have a chance at a slam.

Lisicki stunk up the final for a set and a half. At least she showed some fight at 5-1 to remind us a bit of why she made the final. Bartoli is a deserving champion, and you shouldn't dismiss her as fatty after h just won the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world without dropping a set or even facing a tiebreak(!).

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy for Bartoli. I would've also been happy for Lisicki.

Radwanska deserved nothing. If she deserved it, she would've put herself in a position to win it. Simple.

Can't wait for tomorrow's match. I'd be equally happy with Murray or Nole winning.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Lisicki and Bartoli deserve the title a hell of a lot more than Aggy. You need to be proactive to win a GS, not rely on your opponent to make mistakes. Radwanska tried to be the agresor a bit against Lisicki (to her credit) but she just isn't that good at it. At some point, she needs to decide if she wants to stay #4 without a slam or take the chance to develop power. She might fall outside the top 10, but if she succeeds, she'd have a chance at a slam.

Lisicki stunk up the final for a set and a half. At least she showed some fight at 5-1 to remind us a bit of why she made the final. Bartoli is a deserving champion, and you shouldn't dismiss her as fatty after h just won the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world without dropping a set or even facing a tiebreak(!).

I give Lisicki credit for beating 3 former champs and Aggy (albeit not at 100%). Bartoli had the easiest draw I have seen in a long long time. I think she may be the only champion to win without beating a top 10 player. Heck, Kournikova probably could have won with that draw, LOL. With both Sharapova and Azarenka getting injured its no wonder she had no close matches. She never even made it to a final of any other tournament this year. I cant remember the last time she made it to a semi-final in a major. She has not been very good at all lately, she just happened to be in the right place at the right time and got hot at the right time (the last couple matches she definitely played better than I have seen in quite some time).

Hopefully tomorrows final will better than todays stinkfest.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully tomorrows final will better than todays stinkfest.

One or both would have rupture an achilles tendon for it not to. :)

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One or both would have rupture an achilles tendon for it not to. :)

Please, don't even say that joking. I had a dream last night I was watching the finals and Djoker went down with an ankle injury and had to retire. That would really suck to watch an entire tournament and then not really see a final.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, don't even say that joking. I had a dream last night I was watching the finals and Djoker went down with an ankle injury and had to retire. That would really suck to watch an entire tournament and then not really see a final.

Oh yeah, I agree.

They made Djok whittle off the side numbs on his shoes, so you never know.

I kid.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I agree.

They made Djok whittle off the side numbs on his shoes, so you never know.

I kid.

Those "stuff shirts" at Wimbledon need to catch up to the 21st century! If I had been Roger, I would have told them to "kick rocks" when they demanded he change shoes due to the colored bottoms! What about the bottoms on the ladies' panties? There was plenty of orange and pink flying around more obviously! I would have walked! He wasn't going to win anyway! :lame::lol: Now he's going to play 2 extra clay court events this summer before the hardcourt season begins! Not what he should be doing to make up points! He will run himself down and maybe go out early at the USO! "Be careful Roger! You're no spring chicken out there!" :lol: Where is everyone? A women's final and not much happening! :lame:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the bottoms on the ladies' panties? There was plenty of orange and
pink flying around more obviously!

I would have demanded they take them off.:whoo:

Except for Serena :fear:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Murray. England is so close... hope he can make it happen. You know all eyes are on this match in England. dJokerz is tough to beat though.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Murray all the credit in the world. There are so many pushers on both sides ranked in the top ten who are content with forever falling short and never changing their game. Murray could have been one of them, as he was a pusher with a big serve for most of his career. He wasn't content at all, though. That forehand has become massive over the last year, and while the backhand isn't very good, it isn't a push either. He's so much more than a mover, and it serves well for his career over the long term. Even as he slows, he'll still be competitive.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray breaks Djokovic in the first game in the 3rd set. This thing is over.

Murray is going to be the first Brit to win at Wimbledon since 1936.