• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Wimbledon official thread

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a disappointing finals

Nole's playing like crap, but the truth is he never has been able to be the agressor well on grass. He's much better as a counterpuncher and that doesn't work when your opponent is a big hitter and moves forward. Even in his only title, he caught Jo-Willie when he was gassed and playing like crap in the semis got Nadal (the best matchup for him) in the final.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray's defense in this match has been otherworldly.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nole's playing like crap....

He is playing poorly.

But Murray's defense is so amazing right now, I think he would still be winning even if Nole weren't playing so poorly.

If Djokovic picks up his level quite a bit, this could go 4 or 5.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Murray all the credit in the world. There are so many pushers on both sides ranked in the top ten who are content with forever falling short and never changing their game. Murray could have been one of them, as he was a pusher with a big serve for most of his career. He wasn't content at all, though. That forehand has become massive over the last year, and while the backhand isn't very good, it isn't a push either. He's so much more than a mover, and it serves well for his career over the long term. Even as he slows, he'll still be competitive.

You must be one of those guys at the club who likes to sit behind the baseline and try to kill every shot only to get beat by some of the worst players in the club who just get the ball back. Then you piss and moan that they do not play real tennis.

Get over it already. There are many different styles in tennis and if you cant beat one of them then there is something wrong with your game. I have no problem playing any style of player. All of them have pluses and minuses at all levels.

And by todays standards Djoker is a pusher. None of his shots are close to being huge, but they are all average or above.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be one of those guys at the club who likes to sit behind the baseline and try to kill every shot only to get beat by some of the worst players in the club who just get the ball back. Then you piss and moan that they do not play real tennis.

LOL

Okay, now I know you do play, so I apologize for what I said the other day.

Murray is most definitely not a "pusher." He's just one of those guys who has just about every shot, and uses them all to defeat opponents regularly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 straight for Novak.

This is exactly when he got broken in the 2nd set

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: The guy wearing the hat more has lost every set so far. (Take off the hat, Andy.)

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Back on serve again.

I know I picked Djoker to win it, but I cant help rooting for Andy.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get over it already. There are many different styles in tennis and if you cant beat one of them then there is something wrong with your game. I have no problem playing any style of player. All of them have pluses and minuses at all levels.

And by todays standards Djoker is a pusher. None of his shots are close to being huge, but they are all average or above.

Not really at all. I don't want to say that I am a pusher because that implies I don't hit the ball big at all and rely on my speed (i've had ankle problems since early childhood and am slow as hell), but I certainly am not someone who tries to fire winners when the time is wrong. I try to angle the ball until I know my opponent will have some trouble getting to it. At that point, i'll hit a big forehand (my forehand is laughably better than my backhand) and follow it in.

The frustrating thing about Murray early in his career is that his opponent will be out of position and instead of going for a winner he'd it it right up the middle so he could run some more. Thankfully, he doesn't do that anymore. That was my big problem with him. If your opponent is off the court and running back towards the court you shouldn't hit a weak shot down the T. Put away the point.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Nole hit this many horrible shots in a few years.

It's weird.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really at all. I don't want to say that I am a pusher because that implies I don't hit the ball big at all and rely on my speed (i've had ankle problems since early childhood and am slow as hell), but I certainly am not someone who tries to fire winners when the time is wrong. I try to angle the ball until I know my opponent will have some trouble getting to it. At that point, i'll hit a big forehand (my forehand is laughably better than my backhand) and follow it in.

The frustrating thing about Murray early in his career is that his opponent will be out of position and instead of going for a winner he'd it it right up the middle so he could run some more. Thankfully, he doesn't do that anymore. That was my big problem with him. If your opponent is off the court and running back towards the court you shouldn't hit a weak shot down the T. Put away the point.

OK, my bad then. You just seemed fixated on that the last few days. I agree with your point here too.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Nole hit this many horrible shots in a few years.

It's weird.

The first two sets of last year's US Open were like this. The difference is that he was able to turn it around and make it competitive. He's got one game to do this today.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
place about to go bananas

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00