• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Football Injuries Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Medical Hardship Waiver...Medical Redshirt

Criteria:

Incapacitating injury or illness occurs in one of four seasons of competition at a two-year or four-year collegiate institution;

Injury or illness occurs prior to the first competition of the second half of the playing season that concludes with NCAA championship (“championship segment”); and

Injury or illness occurs when SA has not participated in more than three contests or dates of competition or 30 percent.

See NCAA Division I Bylaw 14.2.4-(c) and 14.2.4-(d) regarding team vs. individual sport distinction.

Incapacitating to me means that you physically cannot perform for the entire athletic year. Haven't heard these guys are incapacitated???

so basically as long as the have played in less than 3 games and the injury happened before the halfway point in the season they still qualify, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beiro will have season-ending shoulder surgery. And I was hoping he'd push for the starting job... :(

According to AB, Scales will get time at FB as well as TB in practice this week.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Roberts, but I thought Knowles played pretty well against UNC. He made some tough catches too. I'd like to see more of him going forward this season.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Wang, Farris, Davis or Roberts?

per AB, "The Hokies have several other injuries to watch this week. Left guard David Wang (knee/ankle), backup guard/center Caleb Farris (ankle) and starting wide receiver Dyrell Roberts (concussion) are all expected to miss practice today. Their status for Saturday is to be determined." Only thing I can add to that is that over at VirginiaTechFan.com Justin says he's been told the Farris injury is not serious.

I don't think Davis is injured, is he?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitley start Fuller. I also kind of wish we would have gone after DeLoatch a lot more than we did. How much do we miss Lockhart.

Agree about Deloatch. Temple got a straight up steal of a possession receiver. Not missing Lockhart, screw him. We will be fine at receiver but wish we could get a sure fire superstar there at some point. We have had some success and luck there in recent years. Coles and Knowles should prove to be a formidable duo next year and hopefully Asante, Caleb and Stanford will progress quickly and contribute as well. There are also others like DJ Reid and Derwoune Greene that we will have to see where they end up..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@RTD_MikeBarber: Shane Beamer said Virginia Tech is applying for a medical redshirt for LB Deon Clarke (L.C. Bird) because of a nagging knee injury. #Hokies

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RTD_MikeBarber: Shane Beamer said Virginia Tech is applying for a medical redshirt for LB Deon Clarke (L.C. Bird) because of a nagging knee injury. #Hokies

I think it's fair to say we are abusing the medical redshirt lol.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to say we are abusing the medical redshirt lol.

lol, no kidding.. that's what, 4 that we're trying to use this year? that seems really high to me

perhaps the coaches are looking ahead to next year already? (not to be taken in a negative tone, i think that's wise)

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hahaha ... I'd say that is definitely an SEC-like thing to do

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the impression Wang will probably not play Saturday. Apparently they're giving Gibson snaps at guard again.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowles?

John Iezzi ‏@john_iezzi
A breakout performer may have been injured at practice today. Not sure the extent or whether or not it even will be an issue yet, however.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what is with the negativism towards Davis. He was raw when he got here, and was behind a lot of players and I think it has taken him a while to adjust to a starting role. He is the best shot we have at beating teams like Florida State, because he has the physical tools to be a problem for any secondary, even if we don't have any run game going. Benching him is the stupidest thing we could possibly do, and I thought he was great last game. He is going to be playing on sundays if he keeps it up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't understand what is with the negativism towards Davis. He was raw when he got here, and was behind a lot of players and I think it has taken him a while to adjust to a starting role. He is the best shot we have at beating teams like Florida State, because he has the physical tools to be a problem for any secondary, even if we don't have any run game going. Benching him is the stupidest thing we could possibly do, and I thought he was great last game. He is going to be playing on sundays if he keeps it up.

Davis has all the tools he just isnt willing to use them on every play. A lot of what made guys like boykin, coale, royal, harper, etc great is what they did when the ball was NOT in their hands. Davis is great with the ball in his hands or when he is the primary receiver, but there are other times that he looks like he has something better to do. I wouldnt bench him but try and convince him that he is a SR and needs to go hard 100% of the time, not only for the team but for himself.