• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Football Injuries Thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce was in blue today and so was Maddy but just for maintenance.

There is an interesting rumor on twitter that DJ Coles may be taking a medical redshirt this year. IMO, that would be a really good move for him. If he played a full season healthy, he could be a 1st or 2nd round pick. He is THAT talented, but he is older and has already graduated so I am sure that it is a tough decision.

I would follow @VTScoop247 or CZYHokie247 as they are usually on top of this the most. That website is so on top of things and is doing an awesome job :thumb:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hop also in blue. Anyone know why Willenbrock is listed as green?

On the bright side, Tariq has been upgraded from green to blue.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster said that Bruce was playing with a sprained ankle Monday and that we were kinda playing with 10 guys half of the time. With Austin Peay this week hopefully we can get him some rest. Would be nice to have that guy back at 100%.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Part of me says it's a bummer .. but I think it's probably the best decision for VT and DJ in the long run. Just my opinion, but if Stanford is what he's being cracked up to be, I feel like his redshirt should be pulled so that we get him some reps before next year. Knowles had a great catch the other night but it's a stretch to say that he's going to be a real contributor, at this point. I hope to see both Knowles and Asante get some valuable reps this season.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fuller continues playing as well as he did Monday we will be OK. Having DJ back next year would be a big boost to a team that would otherwise have no proven threats. Gotta feel bad for DJ though.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for DJ but getting him back next year healthy would be best. Fuller I think will be huge for us this year and Knowles and Asante can see some reps. We should be ok I believe. I dont want to use Stanford's RS getting mop up duty

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is for the best. If you thought he was going to be fine you were fooling yourself. In the last videos from practice he was still favoring the one leg and you knew once serious contact started things were only going to get worse. I'm surprised he was even in the GT game

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. Clearly the guy was not healthy and pushed himself to get back before the knee was ready.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the knee he hurt against GT his "healthy" knee?...not the surgically repaired knee.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was obvious to me from the moment he stepped on the field he shouldn't be out there. Did he seriously re-injure the knee, or is he just out to let it fully heal?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sucks for DJ but getting him back next year healthy would be best. Fuller I think will be huge for us this year and Knowles and Asante can see some reps. We should be ok I believe. I dont want to use Stanford's RS getting mop up duty

I disagree there. He should play. We're building depth at WR after this year, so there's really no reason to RS him in my opinion. From all I've read, he runs great routes, has great hands, is already college-ready as a WR (unlike Caleb).

Question for someone who knows better:

I'm not quite sure if most good WRs can interchange with flanker and SE. I know that skill sets between the two differ some. FWIW -- Stanford is listed as a SE, #3 on the depth chart now, behind two seniors (Roberts and Fuller). I've always thought of the slot receiver as more of the possession type and the SE as the burner who stretches the field...What is really the difference in typical skillsets?

It's a pisser for DJ Coles. I really felt like he was going to be our best WR this season. Davis needs to step up his game and become the player that we all know he can be.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree there. He should play. We're building depth at WR after this year, so there's really no reason to RS him in my opinion. From all I've read, he runs great routes, has great hands, is already college-ready as a WR (unlike Caleb).

Question for someone who knows better:

I'm not quite sure if most good WRs can interchange with flanker and SE. I know that skill sets between the two differ some. FWIW -- Stanford is listed as a SE, #3 on the depth chart now, behind two seniors (Roberts and Fuller). I've always thought of the slot receiver as more of the possession type and the SE as the burner who stretches the field...What is really the difference in typical skillsets?

It's a pisser for DJ Coles. I really felt like he was going to be our best WR this season. Davis needs to step up his game and become the player that we all know he can be.

My impression was that SE tended to be bigger and more possession oriented. Guys like Boykin, Coles, and Irick and Caleb in the future. Stanford may be listed there so he will get reps in practice and because Knowles and Asante are not goot fits for the position.

And I wouldn't mind playing Stanford, especially if Dyrell doesn't impress. I hope I don't have to change my avatar :(