• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris should still be coming to Tech once his time at Fork Union is done. He'll be coached there by Mark Shuman's dad, which should keep Virginia Tech in good standing. I wouldn't worry about him leaving for somewhere else.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris should still be coming to Tech once his time at Fork Union is done. He'll be coached there by Mark Shuman's dad, which should keep Virginia Tech in good standing. I wouldn't worry about him leaving for somewhere else.

Not saying he will change face Sint, but it is always possible. Agree that JS has a good relationship with Vt but that may not matter, especially from a kid from OOS.
As much as Shuman is respected, he isn't going to sway a recruit one way or another. He may try to encourage these kids to "honor" their promise and unofficial LOI but if they want to go elsewhere they will (see Lockhart). I would imagine who VT might pick up at RB in this class could negatively affect him resigning as well (say Green for instance). This all of course assuming he qualifies.

Last edited by a moderator:

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he will change face Sint, but it is always possible. Agree that JS has a good relationship with Vt but that may not matter, especially from a kid from OOS.
As much as Shuman is respected, he isn't going to sway a recruit one way or another. He may try to encourage these kids to "honor" their promise and unofficial LOI but if they want to go elsewhere they will (see Lockhart). I would imagine who VT might pick up at RB in this class could negatively affect him resigning as well (say Green for instance). This all of course assuming he qualifies.

If Tech managed to pull Green, I wouldn't really mind losing Harris. With so much young running back talent already here though, I don't know how hard Tech is going to push for other backs besides Green.

And of course it could still happen, but Harris made the decision to sign with Virginia Tech once. Him being in a program at Fork Union where he will be coached by a (most likely) pro-VT coach should help. First thing is first though, he needs to worry about getting those grades up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Tech managed to pull Green, I wouldn't really mind losing Harris. With so much young running back talent already here though, I don't know how hard Tech is going to push for other backs besides Green.

IMO we arent as deep as we appear, besides coleman any or all of last years RB's could play other positions. IWill be surprised if Wright and Edmunds dont end up on D for the majority of their careers.

edmunds= LB/RB
Wright= RB/LB/?
Mangus-= RB/WR

I hate losing Harris because IMO he and coleman were the TRUE rb's in this class and i really expected Harris to push for the 3rd RB spot behind Holmes and JC.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What is the percentage of players who stay with VT after prepping?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tlooks like we were 7/7 at FUMA up until last year if you consider Nolen as a guy who wanted to resign with Tech but did not qualify. The same applies to Hall from last year. Lockhart was our first FUMA loss.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have lost a couple at HMA correct? Mackey comes to mind. I believe our success has been pretty good there too. The location of these schools make it so much easier to stay in close touch with these guys during their prep journey. Honestly I don't know we don't try to get some the others to SECede from their prior commitment and join team VT. Maybe it's not Beams' style.

Wow.. That sounded Very effin Matt-like didn't it.

Edit: saw the link up there...I remember Mackey and Rhodes, they were pretty high profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Those numbers are encouraging. I'd say the only way we lose Harris is if he fails to qualify again or if we get Green

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id like to see this broken down oos/in state.

Of the 29 guys who prepped (per Bitter's list)...

Hall, Rhodes, Nolen, McCoy, and Veney were from VA (5), most of these guys couldn't qualify I believe.

Lockhart, Mackey, Ajiboye, Gee, and Hodges were from OOS (5) (FL, DE, NJ, etc.), don't know the story on most of these guys except Robert "Fucking" Lockhart and Leon "Prunty's Boy" Mackey...

At a glance of the guys who stuck, a nice mixture of in state and OOS guys. Some great Hokies on that list too...especially 3 of the big 4 from years ago the WR position (Coles, Hyman, Harper, Morgan), DJ Parker, and of course THE Brandon Flowers...

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have lost a couple at HMA correct? Mackey comes to mind. I believe our success has been pretty good there too. The location of these schools make it so much easier to stay in close touch with these guys during their prep journey. Honestly I don't know we don't try to get some the others to SECede from their prior commitment and join team VT. Maybe it's not Beams' style.

Wow.. That sounded Very effin Matt-like didn't it.

You are welcome good sir. Rep as well.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this has already been asked, I've been out of the loop for the past two weeks since I moved and started a new job.

With Drew Harris prepping, does that mean one of our greyshirt candidates is gonna enroll in the summer? I'm thinking specifically of Jerome Wright because I think Thomas Smith was gonna prep anyway (FUMA?). Any other guys?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this has already been asked, I've been out of the loop for the past two weeks since I moved and started a new job.

With Drew Harris prepping, does that mean one of our greyshirt candidates is gonna enroll in the summer? I'm thinking specifically of Jerome Wright because I think Thomas Smith was gonna prep anyway (FUMA?). Any other guys?

Smith is going to prep at FUMA, like you thought. According to Andy Bitter, he and Harris (also FUMA) are the only two that will prep, but it remains to be seen who will greyshirt. Sounds like there's a good chance Wright enrolls this summer, but we don't know yet.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dakota Jackson is representing USA in the world championships (DW, McCray, Edwards, etc all played in it as well).

@DakotaVatech44: In Austin Texas let's get it #teamusa