• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 qb league strategy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do you pick?
Ahh the magic of this league. Randomizes right before the draft. Actually both my big money leagues do this. We also vote on rule cihanges immediately prior to the draft. It’s hard to plan things

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in general, I'm pretty good with about 20 QB.

There is 30 something RB/WR where comfort and production meet. I would grab as many if these as possible first.

Once into Cooks, Diggs territory, I'd pounce on QB.

I really can't see myself drafting one in the first two rounds.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in general, I'm pretty good with about 20 QB.

There is 30 something RB/WR where comfort and production meet. I would grab as many if these as possible first.

Once into Cooks, Diggs territory, I'd pounce on QB.

I really can't see myself drafting one in the first two rounds.
Yeah I feel like not to pigeon hole myself , unless Mahomes falls and I’m picking at the end of round 2. I know u can’t do this but ideally

1-bpa
2-bpa
3-if you don’t have a rb you better get one, consider a qb
4-if you don’t have a qb by now u better get one
5/6/7 -fill in your starting lineup including a qb in any round u see fit

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I feel like not to pigeon hole myself , unless Mahomes falls and I’m picking at the end of round 2. I know u can’t do this but ideally

1-bpa
2-bpa
3-if you don’t have a rb you better get one, consider a qb
4-if you don’t have a qb by now u better get one
5/6/7 -fill in your starting lineup including a qb in any round u see fit

Pretty much.

That said, sitting at 12/13, and staring down two of Mahomes, Watson, Ryan... I wouldn't say I'd never hit two and fuhgetaboutit the rest of the draft.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I told myself I wouldn't join another 2QB league... I did.

giphy.gif

Re-reading these posts from a few years back helped a lot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I told myself I wouldn't join another 2QB league... I did.

giphy.gif

Re-reading these posts from a few years back helped a lot.
Lol. My opinions changed. Lock up two top tier qbs, and invest in a higher end backup.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. My opinions changed. Lock up two top tier qbs, and invest in a higher end backup.
5 years ago...
2 QB leagues, 2 of your first 3 are QB's if you want to be in the playoffs, period.

Ideally you want one of the tier one guys (Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Luck..) and one from the Winston, Mariotta, Prescott, Dalton-esque group , or better
Obviously Dalton/Mariotta..etc..wasn't the greatest call...but, like Bon Jovi might say, only the names have changed..the point remains

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years ago...

Obviously Dalton/Mariotta..etc..wasn't the greatest call...but, like Bon Jovi might say, only the names have changed..the point remains
Yup, you were absolutely on the money. I got crushed my first year in 2qb by waiting on qbs. My whole philosophy changed that year.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, you were absolutely on the money. I got crushed my first year in 2qb by waiting on qbs. My whole philosophy changed that year.
Even my own advice on this thread of drafting 2 QB early did backfire on me one season. Since it has been a few years doing a 2QB league, cant recall the names, but 1 of my 2 QB got hurt and because i didnt have any tier 1 RB or WR, it was painful the rest of the season.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe/SteelersPride/TREFF

What QB scoring does your 2QB leagues have?

The 10 team 2QB PPR league I'm in with local friends has, imho, QB scoring settings(1 pt per completion, 6 pts per TD) that favors the QB more than it should which is creating a conundrum for me in that I feel like it's necessary to grab an Allen/Mahomes/Herbert with my 1st pick and my second QB by the 4th which would leave me with only 2 RB/WR within the first 40 picks. I keep talking myself out of that strategy but then feel like I'll end up being unable to keep up with the higher scoring teams in our league.

Zep

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 10 team 2QB PPR league I'm in with local friends has, imho, QB scoring settings(1 pt per completion, 6 pts per TD) that favors the QB more than it should which is creating a conundrum for me in that I feel like it's necessary to grab an Allen/Mahomes/Herbert with my 1st pick and my second QB by the 4th which would leave me with only 2 RB/WR within the first 40 picks. I keep talking myself out of that strategy but then feel like I'll end up being unable to keep up with the higher scoring teams in our league.

Zep
Mine is a 12-team PPR league which also rewards return yardage generously.

QB scoring is typical with 6-pt TD scoring and bonuses for 300 & 400-yard games.

The only caviat here is there is 2 QB roster limit.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only caviat here is there is 2 QB roster limit
Tonight is the draft.
I have drafted with this same group before. About half of them will probably stick to ESPN's rankings. Its the other half i wonder about?
I pick from the 10th spot so i will be able to tell immediately if the focus is on QB or on ESPN's rankings.
If the former, i will grab 2 QB with my first 2 picks. If the latter, i might select RB/WR combo and then go QB/QB with the 3/4 picks.
Thoughts? (& remember, while it is a 2QB league, there is a roster limit of 2 QB also. The other QB spot is a OP flex which allows for QB/RB/WR/TE.)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight is the draft.
I have drafted with this same group before. About half of them will probably stick to ESPN's rankings. Its the other half i wonder about?
I pick from the 10th spot so i will be able to tell immediately if the focus is on QB or on ESPN's rankings.
If the former, i will grab 2 QB with my first 2 picks. If the latter, i might select RB/WR combo and then go QB/QB with the 3/4 picks.
Thoughts? (& remember, while it is a 2QB league, there is a roster limit of 2 QB also. The other QB spot is a OP flex which allows for QB/RB/WR/TE.)
Totally changes everything when there is also a two QB limit. About to finish a superflex with no QB limit but everyone starts 2 QB’s 99% of the time. My priority would be QB-RB-QB unless you see an elite WR there you can’t pass up.

10th spot is tough. You could go either way. Like I said my SF league is different but I drafted from the 9th and went Ekeler-Kelce. This league also gives an extra .5 per reception & extra .5 per 1st down to TE’s.

If you see a QB there you can’t pass up you have to go QB IMO. 6 QB’s went before my 9th pick.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zep
I personally don't do 2QB/superflex leagues. But, imho, the scoring SHOULD be 4 pt TDs, 1 pt per 50 yards passing, just to even it out a little. And certainly no points per completion