• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Longhorns arrested for sexual assault

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh. Even if the Grand Jury "No Bills" them, I will be very surprised if Strong doesn't pull their 2014-2015 scholarship.

They will never wear that uniform again, no matter what, just for breaking one of the five commandments from Charlie.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no idea what happened. Taking pot shots at what appears to be a likely r*pe victim is just low. Its best to let the truth come out and comment later after the facts are known, because you can end up looking quite stupid if your take is wrong.

Totally agree. From the outside, it looks really bad. To be fair, lets wait for all the facts to come out. If true, then they are gone. Period.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong has dismissed 2 more players, Collins and Overstreet. This brings the total of dismissed players to 4. Chet Moss and Leroy Scott were also dismissed for the same reason, violation of team rules.

Dismissed. Hear it in the voice of Family Guy.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overstreet? They said he had a chance to play quarterback vs OU last year. Then they moved him to rb and so now he's off the team.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overstreet? They said he had a chance to play quarterback vs OU last year. Then they moved him to rb and so now he's off the team.

Yep, both were DISMISSED in March. I never read about it until now. I figure they questioned Strong's rules improperly and became an example.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn just heard Joe Burgeron was dismissed. What the hell is going on at the 40 acres???

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie is seeming to be a no nonsense guy like Bob...good for yall. The program will be better for it in the long run.

There is a big gray area when dealing with student-athletes and their issues. Every issue dictates differing responses. Jaz Reynolds rode the pine for a full year figuring that out.

Bob cleaned house a couple of years ago.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Ash can keep his nose clean long enough to start against the Sooners.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Ash can keep his nose clean long enough to start against the Sooners.

Me too, if Case can throw all over ya'll Ash is going to look like Peyton Manning.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were sitting around talking football this morning at the office and some of the UT alums are wondering if this could backfire. Charlie Strong is doing the right thing getting rid of the riff raff but what if some of these guys turn into jerks and try to torpedo Strong? Everything is delicate in a program until the New Guy earns his stripes and that's what they were talking about: if some of these guys who were kicked off start telling stories about the program it could either (a) reinforce the reservations of those UT alums who aren't completely sold on Strong to begin with or (b) raise questions in the minds of recruits that other schools will use against him. It's a balancing act and so far Charlie Strong is getting away with being Vlad the Impaler. The UT guys are a bit nervous about so much happening so quickly and so consistently. Could there be unintended consequences?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Sanders
2) Meandor
3) Bergeron
4) Overstreet
5) Collins
6) Scott
7) Moss

*** All gone! Starting QB Ash and starting RB Gray still not healthy. At this point I'm hoping we can just field a team.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were sitting around talking football this morning at the office and some of the UT alums are wondering if this could backfire. Charlie Strong is doing the right thing getting rid of the riff raff but what if some of these guys turn into jerks and try to torpedo Strong? Everything is delicate in a program until the New Guy earns his stripes and that's what they were talking about: if some of these guys who were kicked off start telling stories about the program it could either (a) reinforce the reservations of those UT alums who aren't completely sold on Strong to begin with or (b) raise questions in the minds of recruits that other schools will use against him. It's a balancing act and so far Charlie Strong is getting away with being Vlad the Impaler. The UT guys are a bit nervous about so much happening so quickly and so consistently. Could there be unintended consequences?

I would have the same concerns, if Quandre Diggs didn't come out at big 12 media days and say this team needed strong, and most of the team knows it. If the recruits have a dad, their parents will love this. I could be wrong, but any decent parent would love their kid to be watched over and have a father figure.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Sanders
2) Meandor
3) Bergeron
4) Overstreet
5) Collins
6) Scott
7) Moss

*** All gone! Starting QB Ash and starting RB Gray still not healthy. At this point I'm hoping we can just field a team.

Ash and Gray have been cleared for fall practice.