• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zone vs Power blocking scheme: Lions have it right

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were that simple, every team would just shoot the gaps and send more than what the Lions can block every game.

Lions are one-dementional and teams know it. Today, the Vikings decided to pin their ears back and send everyone right at the Lions. Swanson, Warford and Tomlinson didnt have a clue and none of the Lions rbs can block.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would ask you are the Lions the worst team in the league at this moment?

Probably. They quit almost every game. I dont see anyone else doing that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were screen passes and stuff but when you watch, you will see that Stafford had less than a second to throw the ball. They came free all game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was bitching out the offense on the sidelines.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they attempt some screen passes? Did they put Stafford in the gun and throw some quick slants at the vacated zones?

Hell I saw them rolling out last week away from some blitzes. Did they roll at all.

Mostly Joique up the gut in the 2nd half oh and the 2 full backs....

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Gaurd might be the smartest guy in the organization. And he often blocks absolutely no one.

No way a group of five guys can be that bad without their coaches being to blame. Aside from RT, the group is not lacking in talent in any way shape or form.

Hard for me to see any reason why Lombardi gets another game to be awful in. It's past due for a change.
Pretty much echos my thoughts to a T

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 guys rush the Qb with 5 guys blocking for like 7 series in a row and no adjustments. That's not an execution problem, that's a scheme issue. Lombardi is toast. Caldwell most likely too.

Stafford's fault too....

I watched the Pats game yesterday in a similar situation.
  • Jets were blitzing and Brady told Amendola to back off the line, Amendola took a step back.
  • Then he sent Gronk in motion back towards the line of scrimmage.
  • Gronk stopped right next to the RT and picked up the blitz after the snap.
  • Brady threw to 1 on 1 coverage on the other side of the field and got a 40 yard gain to some no name TE.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they attempt some screen passes? Did they put Stafford in the gun and throw some quick slants at the vacated zones?

Hell I saw them rolling out last week away from some blitzes. Did they roll at all.

No, No and No. No adjustments whatsoever. Same thing over and over for 7 straight series. No WR screens, no passes into the flat to the RBs. No TE Wham blocks. No spreads. Nothing. Not even an attempt to have as many blockers as there were pass rushers. Garbage time the defense backed off and we made a lot of yardage on dump passes.

You hit the nail on the head. Lombardi is an overmatched QB coach and not a valid OC.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford's fault too....

I watched the Pats game yesterday in a similar situation.
  • Jets were blitzing and Brady told Amendola to back off the line, Amendola took a step back.
  • Then he sent Gronk in motion back towards the line of scrimmage.
  • Gronk stopped right next to the RT and picked up the blitz after the snap.
  • Brady threw to 1 on 1 coverage on the other side of the field and got a 40 yard gain to some no name TE.

Have you ever seen Stafford take this many hits with dudes running free at him? Maybe he does have a little blame but something just wasn't right.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Pats are one-dimensional and still do well.

The Patriots are one dimensional but have the QB to do so. They also block for that amazing QB.

The Lions need a second dimension since Stafford is a middle of the road starter with bad protection.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 38 year old cheater led them in rushing this week, right?

Cheater? Where are these outlandish allegations coming from? He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers, LOL.