• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zion has said, he will only play for the Knicks!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 201535

Whoever Matt Schmidt is, tell him to quit stealing my material.

"That’s also operating under the assumption that something like this actually happens, because this was an April Fools’ Day joke.

Gotchya."

Yep he definitely stole it. Probably googled it and saw your thread lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Zion in a knicks uniform but do we have the pieces around him??

Even without FA additions (which could be HUGE), there's DSJ at guard, Knox at SF, Robinson at C, all promising kids. Trier at SG is decent depth for an undrafted player. Who else is kept depends largely on the level of FA success. If you add Kyrie and Durant to that mix, along with Zion? VERY intriguing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be a Laker.

Lebron and Rich Paul are trading Bron Jr. and Kobe's daughters for him.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they would trade Zion?
I don't think they would.

...if it got them Anthony Davis (and it would), yes I think they would.

There is a lot of hype surrounding Zion from the media....but I guarantee you NBA GM's and scouts aren't quite as enamored.

He is such a unique player that teams are going to worry about where to play him. Probably too big to guard wings.....way too short to guard big 4's. He looks like a man among boys in part because he is playing with boys. There still is a lot of question how his unusual size is going to translate to the NBA.

And don't take this as me saying he is going to be a bust or anything like that. I think he is going to be a very good NBA player. But his unusual size and complete lack of length may limit him somewhat at the next level to the point where him being a true super star (a top 8 player) is far from the certainty that most people seem to believe. It is enough of a question that if you have the opportunity to trade him for a super star like Davis, you have to take it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a lot of hype surrounding Zion from the media....but I guarantee you NBA GM's and scouts aren't quite as enamored.

He is such a unique player that teams are going to worry about where to play him. Probably too big to guard wings.....way too short to guard big 4's. He looks like a man among boys in part because he is playing with boys. There still is a lot of question how his unusual size is going to translate to the NBA.

And don't take this as me saying he is going to be a bust or anything like that. I think he is going to be a very good NBA player. But his unusual size and complete lack of length may limit him somewhat at the next level to the point where him being a true super star (a top 8 player) is far from the certainty that most people seem to believe. It is enough of a question that if you have the opportunity to trade him for a super star like Davis, you have to take it.
The caveat I would add is it depends on where you are as a team. You only get 1 year of AD if you trade for him, so only a win now team should do that. The Knicks are far from that

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The caveat I would add is it depends on where you are as a team. You only get 1 year of AD if you trade for him, so only a win now team should do that. The Knicks are far from that

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Knicks will know before FA opens if they can trade for AD. They would be a team then that could go into free agency selling AD to other free agents and would be able to put together a team that would keep AD there....and they would be able to talk to AD and get his feelings on the moves.

You put another superstar and a solid #3 option that AD likes on the Knicks and AD isn't going to shop around in free agency. He'll just sign his extension.

Durant, Davis and Walker as your big 3 is pretty formidable and completely realistic if the Knicks win the lottery. And Davis isn't going to walk away from that pairing into a much worse situation the following free agent year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks will know before FA opens if they can trade for AD. They would be a team then that could go into free agency selling AD to other free agents and would be able to put together a team that would keep AD there....and they would be able to talk to AD and get his feelings on the moves.

You put another superstar and a solid #3 option that AD likes on the Knicks and AD isn't going to shop around in free agency. He'll just sign his extension.

Durant, Davis and Walker as your big 3 is pretty formidable and completely realistic if the Knicks win the lottery. And Davis isn't going to walk away from that pairing into a much worse situation the following free agent year.

Durant does need a change of pace, got another tech and an ejection just now. Dude's a mess mentally, I don't think I'll miss him much when he leaves the Ws. But the NY media? Careful what you wish for.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds nice, but there is a big risk. There is no guarantee that AD would sign long term. He could get lured to the Lakers or another team. I know the media is hyping up the Durant to the Knicks thought, but that is also far from being certain.
You are correct on Zion. His size does pose a risk of its own.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We heard you the first time...attention whore

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will take more than Zion to get AD.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it won't.

It will only take more because salaries won't match and NY may want to dump a couple contracts to allow them to still sign 2 big FAs.

In terms of trade value, 8 years of Zion is worth more than 1 year of AD. Any rebuilder would prefer Zion to AD without a second thought. NOLA is rebuilding.

Boston would have to add A LOT to Tatum to equal Zion's value.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a lot more.

They just have to beat a Boston offer of Tatum and Smart and two first round picks. The first round picks are good too. That Gris pick is almost certainly the best draft pick available and very well could be a top 4 pick in a couple of years. The sac pick is somewhere late lottery early playoffs.

But NOLA is going to be full rebuild. Do they have enough faith in building a competatent team quick enough where they won't be in this exact same poisition in two years where they are shopping an unhappy Tatum? With Zion you get an extra 2 years. That's huge for a team starting from scratch.

And for as good as Tatum is and for the small questions surrounding Zion, I don't think there is a single GM in the league that would take Tatum for 2 years over Zion over 4 when in this position.

I see it as a neck and neck situation.

...and this then gets into whether or not Boston is willing to offer that much. With the crazy assets they have, but also the weird situation they are in with Hayward and his contract, they have a million and one options on ways to move forward. And maybe they too are worried that AD might indeed walk away from them leaving them starting all over from near scratch.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I just saw this thread. I wish I could have posted early on and shown him tweeting he was coming back to Duke for another season.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid is going to be a bust.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I just saw this thread. I wish I could have posted early on and shown him tweeting he was coming back to Duke for another season.

Wise choice, it would give him time to revamp his shot. If he shows up in the NBA and tries to shoot from his forehead (like he does now) he's going to get fat from eating a lot of basketballs.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise choice, it would give him time to revamp his shot. If he shows up in the NBA and tries to shoot from his forehead (like he does now) he's going to get fat from eating a lot of basketballs.

Don't underestimate Zion. And why would he need to "revamp his shot"? He shoots 68% from the field now. What other NBA Star shoots 68% FG percentage for the season now?