• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zimmer to the Vikings

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, it was inevitable that zimmer finally got a shot. been a helluva coordinator. we will see how he does in the big chair.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so was I. The Minny jobs a great landing spot imo. Especially compared to the dumpster fire in Cleveland, detroit has good talent, but you'd have to live in detroit. Last year I honestly dont remember what jobs were open besides Jax. He has a great chance to succeed in Minny. Especially since they have a new stadium on the way right? I've seen in SEattle, new shiny facilities help attract FA talent. Hello Avril and Bennett
Along with the Jags opening, last year the Bills (Marrone), Browns (Chudzinski), Chiefs (Reid), Chargers (McCoy), Eagles (Kelly), Bears (Trestman), and Cardinals (Arians) had openings.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M not huge on JF or AJ

JF: It's simple. If i were a gm......... i worry about those red flags. And there some lil ones (getting pulled vs rice after a personial foul) but there is 1 huge one (autograph-gate). IMO he seems not to care about the team or he seems to care about JF more then the team. Not the guy i want on my team

AJ: He is a winner but he shows up for some and goes away for others.

No, but JF does have what it takes to win and he has the makings of an NFL QB. Same way RW3, Cam, RGIII and Kaep extend plays with their legs, so can Johnny Football.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure he will make it to their pick, Cleveland may grab him earlier. Think him and Patterson/Jennings would be a solid combo and then add in AP? Pretty good.

OAK is so off kelter that you never know what they will do...I'm hearing CLE is interested in JM as well, but I don't see that team as a good fit, nor the DIV...I'm thinking MIN or maybe even TN.

In either case...Zimm is a great DC, happy to see him get a HC job and to echo Midnight...out of the DIV!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK is so off kelter that you never know what they will do...I'm hearing CLE is interested in JM as well, but I don't see that team as a good fit, nor the DIV...I'm thinking MIN or maybe even TN.

In either case...Zimm is a great DC, happy to see him get a HC job and to echo Midnight...out of the DIV!

Mel Kiper's lastest mock draft has JF going 1st overall to the Texans, but I don't see it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF...really? I can see OAK, MIN, TN, maybe CLE...HOU is taking either Clowney or Bridewater.

Hometown kid, new head coach, could really benefit the Texans. Already would have Hopkins/Johnson/Daniels to throw the ball too with a possible healthy Foster in the backfield. JF may fit right in, plus with the media and probably jersey sales they would make. Does make sense, but I don't see it happening. He's not your prototypical 1st overall QB pick, but he is in the new era of NFL QB's.

Not bad, always liked Turner, even as the Chargers HC.

Last edited by a moderator:

CincyMan339

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see him leave the Bengals, but he deserved a head coaching spot. Vikings have some great players, and I believe he can make the team decent again. The Bengals were a TERRIBLE defensive team before he came aboard.

Another interesting note though, Zimmer is 0-6 in playoff games, with the last 3 Bengals playoff games being blowouts. Can he work well under pressure? Last season the Bengals were a scary defense to play against, but giving up 27 points to one of the worst offenses in the league was rather pathetic. The guy has a chip on his shoulder, Bengals fan will miss him but not at the same time.