• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ziggy

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with the pick mostly just because the 3 tackles were already off the board. Imo, they were the 3 safest, plug-and-play, day one starters at the 4 key positions (QB, CB, DE and LT) in this draft.

If one of them was available and we passed to take Ansah, I would have been extremely pissed at that selection. But since they weren't available the pick came down to Ansah, Milliner and Cooper, imo.

Cooper would have been the safest out of those three, but Ansah has the potential to make (by far) the biggest impact for us. So the pick makes plenty of sense to me...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with the pick mostly just because the 3 tackles were already off the board. Imo, they were the 3 safest, plug-and-play, day one starters at the 4 key positions.

If Mayhew's post draft comments are to be believed (and why not), he said today on 97.1 that Ansah was 3rd on their board. Considering it only took a 3rd rounder for Miami to trade up above Philly and steal Dion Jordan, it's safe to assume the Lions has Fisher and Joekel at 1 and 2, then Ansah at 3. Had they wanted Johnson it appears as if they could have gotten him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have given up a 3rd rounder in this draft to move up two spots, unless you're suggesting that it would have cost even less since were only moving up two spots.

Who is the dude in your avatar, btw?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have given up a 3rd rounder in this draft to move up two spots, unless you're suggesting that it would have cost even less since were only moving up two spots.

Who is the dude in your avatar, btw?

I wouldn't have given up a third either. But if the Lions really thought Johnson was a 10 year franchise LT I'm sure they would have.

Avatar is Chi Cheng. Bassist from the deftones who died recently. He had been in a coma since 08 after a road rager ran him off the road. Chi was into heavy metal, poetry, Buddhism, love and peace. The deftones are my favorite band and Chi is hero of mine. I keep his avatar up as a reminder of these things when message board talks makes me crazy and I want to fight somebody haha
RIP Chi :thrasher:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't immagine anyone getting upset enough to want to meet half way and fight over stuff on a message board... :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know many of you cry a river no matter what the Lions do, but this takes the cake. It must really be a shitty life for you crying ass pussies who are just so freaking miserable all the time.

So, Kreton was just a TP alt?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty simple why many Lions fans aren't thrilled with the pick. Ansah is a project. It could be 3 or 4 years before Ansah reaches his potential or it may never happen.

Personally -- I'm on record as stating the one player I wanted the Lions to avoid was Ansah.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: