• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You've Gotta Be...Mother Fuckin'...Kidding Me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject at hand...

Glad to see the Steeler brethren around here are being level headed about this, aside from young Terry. Terry, do you realize this is the 4th time the Steelers have cut him? He owes the Steelers nothing. If anything, the Steelers owe him. He's a grown ass man going about his business like anyone should. You should respect the man for conducting himself the way he has for many years. The bottom barrel yinzers cried up a storm after he signed with Cincinnati and what did he accomplish there? Nothing. Was he effective against the Steelers? No. He retired and then the Steelers called out of complete DESPERATION and BEGGED him to come out of retirement. This is not an overstatement of what happened. He did…and he signed for the vet minimum or close to it and has played well since. Harrison said he would have signed elsewhere at the beginning of the season had he known he would be sitting on the sidelines every game. James wanted out and the Steelers did the right thing & allowed that. Sure it stings to see him going to that franchise, but nobody can fault him for it. Harrison wouldn't have played for a team that wasn't a contender, so if anyone didn't see this coming then you are an idiot. He worked hard all season. If Pittsburgh chose not to play him, that is the coaches’ call…but he put in the work and was gearing up for a playoff run and it is only fair that he gets that playoff run.

I wish James Harrison all the best. He was always a class act and is one of the all time greats of the Steelers. Frankly, based on several things that have happened in the past season or two, I have a much higher regard for Harrison than I do for those who manage the team now.

And for those thinking the Pats did this to get insider info, keep on dreaming. The Pats have owned the Steelers for almost 2 decades. I don't think Belichick nor McDaniels need any help in that regard. This has more to do with the Pats needing a body at the position, and getting a psychological bonus against their biggest competition. James can still be useful to them, but he's not going to be the impact player that everyone crying claims he'll be.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be one of the top five reasons they picked him up.
I think it was PFW had an article about this. They argued this pickup was more about possibly playing the Chiefs than anything.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted a link. did i say anything?

iu

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers haven't needed him this season, nor do I think they need him moving forward. Steelers are 2nd in the NFL in sacks this season with 50, only 1 of those from Harrison. Harrison didn't improve the Steelers pass rush. He may have helped the run defense, but at what cost? They lose a lot of athleticism when they put him in there over Watt. Even Chickillo & Moats brought more to the position than Harrison did this season.

Watching Harrison against Baltimore a few weeks ago it was very evident that he isn't going to make the impact that Steelers fans want him to. The coaches knew it, hence why they didn't plead with him to keep him around when he wanted out. And how do we know if he hasn't wanted out a long time ago this year? He could have wanted out week 1, but the Steelers kept him around hoping to be able to use him and clearly that hasn't worked out the way they wanted. The timing was right.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats have a need. They are very depleted on the def front, plus there is a very real chance they could face the Chiefs in a few weeks.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted a link. did i say anything?
Rock doing rock things.

So you believe Intel didn't have anything to do with that signing?

Or, just continue to sit on the fence...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock doing rock things.

So you believe Intel didn't have anything to do with that signing?

Or, just continue to sit on the fence...
no, again...i said nothing, i just posted a link as it pertained to the topic.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player going to New England to die

Non Story

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its the jets, Philip Dorsett may catch a ball
he did this past game too, long one.

i look at harris like i looked at clay matrhews jr as a kid. 40 years old on atlanta, situational...6.5 sacks. 11 tackles.
i wouldnt doubt if bill brought him back next year. he will be 40 in may. one more year in the tank to help the kids up front?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end the Harrison signing means one thing for the Pats. It means the Pats signed Harrison

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison to Brady: Where's the Beef?
Brady Harrison: No Beef but here is an Avacado Turkey Bacon BL, we don't eat T around here.