• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're the GM

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Eddie, I seriously haven't been keeping track of any Wing's announcements on who's not coming back. Based on your good analysis, that leaves Maltby, Williams and Bert out. On D, I kinda liked Janik when he was up, you give him a chance as that fourth other guy? Eventually we gotta put our eggs in Howards basket, let Ozzie go, and have someone like Larsson as the back-up goalie.

From what I've been hearing, Williams is gone. Maltby may or may not be back, but he's pretty low on KH's priority list. Holland is still talking with Bert about a two year deal, but supposedly Bert wants to at least test free agency. I get the feeling Ken offered him a two year deal for 1.5, 1.7 a year, and Bert wants to see if someone's dumb enough to give him over 2 per year, or longer term. If no one is going to SIGNIFICANTLY beat Detroit's offer, he'll probably be back. Janik's nice and safe, I doubt he'll spend a lot of time out of Grand Rapids, I think he's more for injuries or if the young guys are blowing on the third pairing. Larson got sick of waiting and went back to Sweden. He wants to be an NHL starter and doesn't see it happening in Detroit with Howard in nets. Osgood has one year left, after that he's a UFA and very old. I think he'll retire, but if he wants to be back he'll probably be back. You know how loyal Holland is, and I don't see Pearce or McCollum being ready to jump into the NHL at that point yet.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking about this.......Carts would be a cheaper route for LA instead of them chasing Kovy and his massive ego/wallet around.

hmm.......Carter for Bernier AND Frolov???

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sens:

Nothing. Everything is fine. Defensemen grow on trees, and goalies who's bodies and / or psyches are made of straw can carry you wherever you need to be. Having four top six forwards is a blessing, so much so that Matt Carkner will see regular playing time because the forwards are full of so much awesome. Just throw out a few more Agitating forwards to take untimely penalties because, lets face it, shorthanded goals are exciting!!

And the boss is a genius!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking about this.......Carts would be a cheaper route for LA instead of them chasing Kovy and his massive ego/wallet around.

hmm.......Carter for Bernier AND Frolov???

Frolov is an UFA. Not happening. Lombardi is an absolute idiot if he trades Bernier. He's the best goaltending prospect in the world. Yes he's better than Markstrom. I'd take him over Jack Campbell who will probably be a top 5 to 10 pick on Friday. Bernier is the real deal.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree bernier is the real deal although i will not say he is better than markstrom. he is rated ahead of him and i would rather have bernier although that is most likely due to the fact that he is nhl ready. markstrom is younger.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I still don't understand why so many Flyer fans (or perhaps just a vocal minority) think that LA will shop out Bernier.
why on earth would they? - unless it's a crazy offer that you wouldn't want to do anyways.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
because there have been rumors. i know they are mostly not true although even if you had a player you really liked you have to at least listen to offers. is goaltending even the problem with the kings? no. so if someone says, how about carter? you have to at least consider taking a 40 goal scorer on a team that struggles to score.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
look at it from this standpoint. carter can score 35 plus goals. is switching from quick to bernier going to save your team 35 plus goals per year? probably not.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie has said that Carter isn't going anywhere. I'm not saying he's gospel but, he's much better than most out their.

I'm not a big Carter fan. I realize he was hurt but, he couldn't score if his life depended on it in the finals. He blew chance after chance.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
because there have been rumors. i know they are mostly not true although even if you had a player you really liked you have to at least listen to offers. is goaltending even the problem with the kings? no. so if someone says, how about carter? you have to at least consider taking a 40 goal scorer on a team that struggles to score.
look at it from this standpoint. carter can score 35 plus goals. is switching from quick to bernier going to save your team 35 plus goals per year? probably not.

I see. LA has been as big of a goalie graveyard as Philly (Yutaka Fukufuji, anyone?), so I really doubt that they would send out an A level prospect just as he's ready to step in. If he is as special as he is hinting at, LA is set for a long, long time.
Their offense was top-10 last year, they have a couple of studs on D, and a young goalie who was outstanding in his taste of the NHL last year. Carter would be a nice addition yes, but I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree to shake down a goalie (THAT goalie, anyways).

my guess is the rumour came from Philly, when some reporter was sniffing around the league for young goalies that they'd like to see in Orange. Doesn't make as much sense from their side as yours.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it all depends on what they are offering. like i said, if you already have a number 1 goalie, what would make your team better, a better goalie capable of making a few more saves or a player capable of 40 goals?

when i say stuff about bernier or any player i would like to trade for, i am not just talking about them. i am talking about players like them. like schneider.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
it all depends on what they are offering. like i said, if you already have a number 1 goalie, what would make your team better, a better goalie capable of making a few more saves or a player capable of 40 goals?

when i say stuff about bernier or any player i would like to trade for, i am not just talking about them. i am talking about players like them. like schneider.

NOW we're talking :D

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok. you are a canucks fan so you might know this. i have not really heard much about schneider as far as trades go. i know bernier will cost a lot. schneider is stuck behind luongo. what do you think would be the asking price? a guy like hartnell? maybe carter?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ok. you are a canucks fan so you might know this. i have not really heard much about schneider as far as trades go. i know bernier will cost a lot. schneider is stuck behind luongo. what do you think would be the asking price? a guy like hartnell? maybe carter?

Carter I'd do in a heartbeat, but that's overpaying on your end for a largely untested goalie. I don't think Schneider is quite as ready as Bernier is. Canucks need is either toughness, or defense, or both. We have a whack of young forwards that should fight for spots on the team, but are a little shy on depth on the blueline, especially if Mitchell moves on. That being said, i don't know enough about your system / contracts to know who would fit the bill. maybe someone like Coburn, assuming he's under a reasonable contract. I could be way off base, but those are my rough thoughts.

the other nuck fans may have some input as well.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter I'd do in a heartbeat, but that's overpaying on your end for a largely untested goalie. I don't think Schneider is quite as ready as Bernier is. Canucks need is either toughness, or defense, or both. We have a whack of young forwards that should fight for spots on the team, but are a little shy on depth on the blueline, especially if Mitchell moves on. That being said, i don't know enough about your system / contracts to know who would fit the bill. maybe someone like Coburn, assuming he's under a reasonable contract. I could be way off base, but those are my rough thoughts.

the other nuck fans may have some input as well.

You pretty much hit it on the head, puck. Carter I'd only consider if Gillis decides to deal Raymond for picks (is that rumor still out there?). And if we were to deal Schneider, a trusted veteran backup is a must, unless Raycroft somehow returns.