• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're the GM

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What moves do you make to improve your team this off season?

For the Sabres.... Well rumor has it they are going to be more active in signing UFA's. Lets see about that.

They need a top line center for sure. I'm not sure how many will be out there but that should be a priority.

Another shut down defensemen is a must. I don't hate their defense but feel they could use a bit of an upgrade. I like Myers a lot and he seems to work well with Tallinder but you can never have too many good d men.

It's time to make a decision about Stafford, I thought the kid had potential but has not lived up to it.

They better find someway to get Connolly and Pommers going again. I'm hoping last year was just an off year esp for Pommers. There seems to be a lack of chemistry on the lines and sometimes I fault Ruff for this because he changes things around to much when things are not going well. I understand doing this when a line or lines are struggling for a period of time but he seems to do it period by period.

They need a dependable back up goalie. Very few goalies can play like Marty B. 70+ games and do it well. Miller is fantastic but the guy weighs 170 lbs and don't think he can pull the load for 70+ games. If they could find a dependable goalie that can give him a break for 15 to 20 games it would be great.

Does anyone have a link to a list of UFA's and RFA's. I'd like to see who's out there. Thanks.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks -

Add a shutdown-type d-man, be it re-signing Mitchell, or adding someone like Dan Hamhuis.

Re-sign Mason Raymond

Cory Schnieder needs to be the #2 goalie

That's all I have for now. Puck, jstew and mooger can add to this or correct me:)

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks -

Add a shutdown-type d-man, be it re-signing Mitchell, or adding someone like Dan Hamhuis.

Re-sign Mason Raymond

Cory Schnieder needs to be the #2 goalie

That's all I have for now. Puck, jstew and mooger can add to this or correct me:)

Nas I think it really hurt the Canucks when Mitchell got injured. Have you heard anything about how he is doing? That is one of those injuries when severe can take a long time to get over.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nas I think it really hurt the Canucks when Mitchell got injured. Have you heard anything about how he is doing? That is one of those injuries when severe can take a long time to get over.

No doubt Boss, a healthy Mitchell would have been huge against Chicago. From what I've read, there apparently hasn't been much progress on his health.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta wait to see what the Bruins do in the draft. :eek:

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess the Pens will wait to see who is signed since most of the defense and wingers are up for new deals. I would like to see Cooke, McKee and Leopold back. Use the Gonchar money on a shut down defenseman. Bring up Conner, Engelland, and Lovejoy

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Pens will wait to see who is signed since most of the defense and wingers are up for new deals. I would like to see Cooke, McKee and Leopold back. Use the Gonchar money on a shut down defenseman. Bring up Conner, Engelland, and Lovejoy

It seems like a foregone conclusion that Gonchar will not be back next year. Is that safe to assume?

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a foregone conclusion that Gonchar will not be back next year. Is that safe to assume?

Not yet. Shero is calling Gonchar his top priority, and he seems to have been pretty honest in his assessment of pending UFAs (basically said goodbye to Fedotenko). I still think there is a possibility the two sides can reach an agreement. Right now, I'd say the odds are he won't be back, but it isn't a foregone conclusion yet.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. Shero is calling Gonchar his top priority, and he seems to have been pretty honest in his assessment of pending UFAs (basically said goodbye to Fedotenko). I still think there is a possibility the two sides can reach an agreement. Right now, I'd say the odds are he won't be back, but it isn't a foregone conclusion yet.

Thanks Honus. Whats his salary isnt it in the 6 mill range or something like that?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having a nice quiet Sunday until I read this.

Thanks Boss.....thanks a lot. :(

OK, Maybe I can help out. Look at the bright side, at least you have a nice new van to drive him to the airport. :D

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Honus. Whats his salary isnt it in the 6 mill range or something like that?

$5 million cap hit. I really doubt he'd be offered that from the Pens this summer though. Term is a big issue I guess too, not just salary.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Keep in mind there is a reason I am not an NHL GM)

Kunitz - Crosby - Versteeg (3)
Malkin - Staal - Kennedy
Dupuis - Jeffrey/Letestu (.5) - Tangradi
Rupp - Adams - Talbot
Godard

Orpik - Letang
Goligoski - Michalek (4)
Leopold (2.25) - Eaton (2)
Lovejoy (.75)

Fleury
Johnson

Trade picks + prospects for Versteeg. They need the salary dump so maybe they'd not need an NHL contract in return. Michalek would be a good defenseman for this team, while Leopold and Eaton are both solid. Total would be $12.5 million added, leaving a little wiggle room.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pray
pray I can get a scoring winger after Kovy strings me along for two months and bails to Russia anyway.

Pray that my young players continue to make me look good.

Pray that Bernier is the stud goalie my team has never had

pray Doughty doesn't r*pe me over a barrel for his new contract.

Pray my defencemen can handle the season ahead.

HamiltonsDropped

GET.. OFF... MY... LAWN..
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Power forward under 30 with some nads that can play with Staal
2. Some defense that doesn't resemble a giant sieve to stop hanging Ward out to dry 20 times/game
3. Sutter and LaRose to have the breakout years they are primed for and not fizzle out

HamiltonsDropped

GET.. OFF... MY... LAWN..
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Power forward under 30 with some nads that can play with Staal
2. Some defense that doesn't resemble a giant sieve to stop hanging Ward out to dry 20 times/game
3. Sutter and LaRose to have the breakout years they are primed for and not fizzle out