• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke. But like you I didn't want to get involved in the pushing and shoving.

About a year ago she accused me of telling her to go-to-hell when I didn't, and several guys came screaming to her defense like a damsel in distress. I thought then, she was some untouchable here and frankly, it still stunts me how many guys seem to idealize her. Seriously, I was somewhat painted as the villain by a few guys for a while.

Didn't get it then, don't get it now either.

Let's take 2 of 3 from the A's and look good doing it. Whatta ya say Rangers?

She's not untouchable by any means here and plenty have seen her come ridiculously unhinged before. There's no misconceptions about this girl.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanaka you get me the ND tonight, you suck

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Seager career OPS+ vs Divisional opponents

LAA-81
Oak-43
Houston-71
Texas-146
What in the fuck right?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's not untouchable by any means here and plenty have seen her come ridiculously unhinged before. There's no misconceptions about this girl.

you're a fraud and not a very good one.
if any of these posters knew a quarter of the kind of crap you pull, they'd stay away from you. Meltdown pyscho shit? That's you buddy, I've seen it, and you didn't lose it in one or two posts...you went on and on for at least two months with someone. That's only one example, on one board. Months without speaking a word about the team or baseball, who does that? Who bothers? Who has time? You do.
In our heated arguments at ESPN, I was tempted to out, how effing nuts and immature you were, but I didn't. Because, it's distracting and we were all there to talk baseball, so let's keep the arguments about baseball, and the childish crap out of it.
but, you prove over and over, (for the past 3 years) you're not going to do it. You don't like saying your actually wrong about something to anyone, but a woman? That's never going to happen.

That's the irony in all of this, I've never come close to being the fake little "bitch" that you are. Never. Not even close. If I've done something wrong, I've always tried to own it and just move on. I don't create fake user profiles to keep at it and get some Romeo-revenge. Why? it's the internet, ultimately who cares that much, why would anyone go to that trouble? I don't understand why you invest your time in it.

The reason you keep your super-sized basket of crazy relatively tame here is simple. You've got no where else to go. You try and weasel in with a sock puppet on other forums, and you're called out. The only reason I ever read those boards is because Rev told me to check them out, good posters, good stuff...and then there was you, flailing away. I was embarrassed for you.
Actually there's two reasons, no one here is going to cross you. On the other boards, your insecure sorority mean-girl manipulative bullshit gets the smack-down...in about 5 posts. They don't respect you.

the minute you figured out I was a woman, you've been trying to create a narrative about me that isn't true. Add to that, no really cared that I was a woman, but you and only YOU made sure they knew.
In your world, no man is going to cross another man even if they agree with the woman, it's sports right?
I'm positive in that 10 cent head of yours, that's unacceptable.

As far as the other posters, it does suddenly put them in a strange position, I understand that, which is why you have to make sure they know.
By the time we get to this board, there were some posters who didn't know, but of course you made sure they did. Then I have no choice but to embrace it, it shouldn't make a difference, but it does... no big deal ultimately. I never wanted it to be an issue because it becomes a distraction for other posters.

I didn't want them to have to think about what gender I was before they responded to me. "oh she's a girl, maybe I should defend her", or "oh she's a girl, I'm not taking crap from her" that's a small percentage, I think most just want to talk about the team.
I did, that's why I signed up on ESPN, it was the only reason. Unfortunately it's blossomed into this mess.

There are other boards I can to talk to fans to since I've never created 20 different fake accounts like you do. Do me one very simple favor, don't troll me there. I'm asking you sincerely to stay away from me.
If for no other reason, I love this team as much as you do.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to know how I'm pretty sure you're not married? This paints a pretty clear picture. No guy wants to marry this.

Wrong again.
and you're lying again, you know I'm not single...that's the kind of crap I'm just sick of

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I am not going to go back and see where all this started but there is room for everyone here. Personal and judgmental crap needs to come to a halt though.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical crazy bitch response.

In a bubble, yes, there's a little truth to that....but three years of your needling, lying about me, trolling me... it's going to get worse for both of us and it's not fair to the other posters. So I'll be the man, and move on.
I can't disagree about how far we should take Harry's pitch count without you saying something about getting married, and "make sure I remember the date"

I didn't understand the joke, because I'm not single, I was trying to figure out what you were talking about, then I get mad because now I'm distracted from the game, realizing that you know I'm not single, so why are you saying it? The only thing I've got is that was an attempt at another narrative about myself that wasn't true, and being a single woman would somehow lessen my credibility.
That fits in with your sleazy view about women, and... you're just a sleazebag in general.
It's you, not myself that's the incredibly and ultimately immature, insecure "crazy" one.

It's certainly happened before, more than once.... some argument about baseball on ESPN, and out comes the "what man would ever want you"
at that point I told you clearly I wasn't single. Rev knows I'm not single, others know, of course you know.
You resort to lying because I disagree about a pitch count? I'm the crazy one?
yeah....sure.

I honestly don't have one girlfriend that would come within 500 feet of you, so I guess we agree on something.
I won't even get into what MY MAN thinks about you, because I'm quite capable of defending myself.
This one will fly right over your head, but there are men that like (and love) women that defend their position about sports and other matters.
And obviously, our dynamic is different...so I'm not telling him to f off because I love and respect him.
you, no.

JTA can be another overblown cantankerous, utterly humorless egomaniac (at times, not always) but he's not a fraud, I can respect him for that.

and to the other posters and the mods, my apologies...I've just reached my limit with this guy.
for the three years, I've let the majority of Romeo's crap, deliberate lies and trolling go, not all of it, but the majority, I'm not doing it any longer. So goodbye, at least for a good while, but I'll never post regularly.

Let's get back to ball, some promising things for this team so far...it's exciting

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I am not going to go back and see where all this started but there is room for everyone here. Personal and judgmental crap needs to come to a halt though.

it's just an ongoing thing with Romeo and I, it's best for everyone if I back out.

good luck with everything, I'll pop in and say hello.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's just an ongoing thing with Romeo and I, it's best for everyone if I back out.

good luck with everything, I'll pop in and say hello.

If you feel this OK. But I would encourage anyone here to just either block or ignore the person who causes you anger/discomfort, etc. Like you said, it's the Internet, and you've obviously enjoyed yourself here, for the most part, so don't penalize yourself over an on going spat with one poster.

But as someone just posted, why don't we all try and keep it to baseball and get away from personal attacks. It's fine to disagree and get sideways with any or all of us. But it's just our opinions about something that most of us are merely fans of, and we have no real vested interest, other than we're rabid fans of. So let's treat it as such.

But you do what you need to do.

Go Rangers!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, on the DMN this morning:

2. I think the Rangers have to at least be considering other options at catcher. I’m just not sure how much longer the Rangers can afford to go with J.P. Arencibia on the roster. He’s already lost the starting catcher’s job to Robinson Chirinos and I don’t know how long the Rangers can expect for Chirinos to play as well as he has. Chirinos has started nine of the last 12 games. Nobody expected him to have to carry that load.

4. I think the Rangers may have to consider some usage rules for Alexi Ogando, who suffered the blown save in the eighth inning Sunday.
Here’s what kind of sticks out to me: He was pitching on a third straight day and even though he was very efficient in his previous two outings, three days in a row is a place the Rangers have really never gone with Ogando.

It seems to me that Ogando is not a mentally tough pitcher, and it would behoove RW to handle him a little differently; like 3 days in a row not being a great idea.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, on the DMN this morning:

2. I think the Rangers have to at least be considering other options at catcher. I’m just not sure how much longer the Rangers can afford to go with J.P. Arencibia on the roster. He’s already lost the starting catcher’s job to Robinson Chirinos and I don’t know how long the Rangers can expect for Chirinos to play as well as he has. Chirinos has started nine of the last 12 games. Nobody expected him to have to carry that load.

4. I think the Rangers may have to consider some usage rules for Alexi Ogando, who suffered the blown save in the eighth inning Sunday.
Here’s what kind of sticks out to me: He was pitching on a third straight day and even though he was very efficient in his previous two outings, three days in a row is a place the Rangers have really never gone with Ogando.

It seems to me that Ogando is not a mentally tough pitcher, and it would behoove RW to handle him a little differently; like 3 days in a row not being a great idea.
Jpa lost his gig to a AAA catcher. He's gotta go. People swore he would be bad, but I never dreamed he would be this bad. I honestly don't know how he could be worse. It's embarrassing watching him go out there and play.

I really wish Frasor had pitched last night. Wash is going to Ogando way too often and I worry about his ability to be effective if he used so often. They were bragging about the bullpen before the game today and then oops....one guy shouldn't have to always pitch the 8th.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're a fraud and not a very good one.
if any of these posters knew a quarter of the kind of crap you pull, they'd stay away from you. Meltdown pyscho shit? That's you buddy, I've seen it, and you didn't lose it in one or two posts...you went on and on for at least two months with someone. That's only one example, on one board. Months without speaking a word about the team or baseball, who does that? Who bothers? Who has time? You do.
In our heated arguments at ESPN, I was tempted to out, how effing nuts and immature you were, but I didn't. Because, it's distracting and we were all there to talk baseball, so let's keep the arguments about baseball, and the childish crap out of it.
but, you prove over and over, (for the past 3 years) you're not going to do it. You don't like saying your actually wrong about something to anyone, but a woman? That's never going to happen.

That's the irony in all of this, I've never come close to being the fake little "bitch" that you are. Never. Not even close. If I've done something wrong, I've always tried to own it and just move on. I don't create fake user profiles to keep at it and get some Romeo-revenge. Why? it's the internet, ultimately who cares that much, why would anyone go to that trouble? I don't understand why you invest your time in it.

The reason you keep your super-sized basket of crazy relatively tame here is simple. You've got no where else to go. You try and weasel in with a sock puppet on other forums, and you're called out. The only reason I ever read those boards is because Rev told me to check them out, good posters, good stuff...and then there was you, flailing away. I was embarrassed for you.
Actually there's two reasons, no one here is going to cross you. On the other boards, your insecure sorority mean-girl manipulative bullshit gets the smack-down...in about 5 posts. They don't respect you.

the minute you figured out I was a woman, you've been trying to create a narrative about me that isn't true. Add to that, no really cared that I was a woman, but you and only YOU made sure they knew.
In your world, no man is going to cross another man even if they agree with the woman, it's sports right?
I'm positive in that 10 cent head of yours, that's unacceptable.

As far as the other posters, it does suddenly put them in a strange position, I understand that, which is why you have to make sure they know.
By the time we get to this board, there were some posters who didn't know, but of course you made sure they did. Then I have no choice but to embrace it, it shouldn't make a difference, but it does... no big deal ultimately. I never wanted it to be an issue because it becomes a distraction for other posters.

I didn't want them to have to think about what gender I was before they responded to me. "oh she's a girl, maybe I should defend her", or "oh she's a girl, I'm not taking crap from her" that's a small percentage, I think most just want to talk about the team.
I did, that's why I signed up on ESPN, it was the only reason. Unfortunately it's blossomed into this mess.

There are other boards I can to talk to fans to since I've never created 20 different fake accounts like you do. Do me one very simple favor, don't troll me there. I'm asking you sincerely to stay away from me.
If for no other reason, I love this team as much as you do.

You think I'm reading that? :laugh3:

Btw dumb bitch, I've never created a fake account. Just caught that at the very end of your post. Keep making these posts though. You just keep adding to the crazy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a bubble, yes, there's a little truth to that....but three years of your needling, lying about me, trolling me... it's going to get worse for both of us and it's not fair to the other posters. So I'll be the man, and move on.
I can't disagree about how far we should take Harry's pitch count without you saying something about getting married, and "make sure I remember the date"

I didn't understand the joke, because I'm not single, I was trying to figure out what you were talking about, then I get mad because now I'm distracted from the game, realizing that you know I'm not single, so why are you saying it? The only thing I've got is that was an attempt at another narrative about myself that wasn't true, and being a single woman would somehow lessen my credibility.
That fits in with your sleazy view about women, and... you're just a sleazebag in general.
It's you, not myself that's the incredibly and ultimately immature, insecure "crazy" one.

It's certainly happened before, more than once.... some argument about baseball on ESPN, and out comes the "what man would ever want you"
at that point I told you clearly I wasn't single. Rev knows I'm not single, others know, of course you know.
You resort to lying because I disagree about a pitch count? I'm the crazy one?
yeah....sure.

I honestly don't have one girlfriend that would come within 500 feet of you, so I guess we agree on something.
I won't even get into what MY MAN thinks about you, because I'm quite capable of defending myself.
This one will fly right over your head, but there are men that like (and love) women that defend their position about sports and other matters.
And obviously, our dynamic is different...so I'm not telling him to f off because I love and respect him.
you, no.

JTA can be another overblown cantankerous, utterly humorless egomaniac (at times, not always) but he's not a fraud, I can respect him for that.

and to the other posters and the mods, my apologies...I've just reached my limit with this guy.
for the three years, I've let the majority of Romeo's crap, deliberate lies and trolling go, not all of it, but the majority, I'm not doing it any longer. So goodbye, at least for a good while, but I'll never post regularly.

Let's get back to ball, some promising things for this team so far...it's exciting

Or that...:laugh3:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I take most offense at the humorless part, I guess its just hard to get at the cyber/internet level though

Cantankerous egomaniac I can take/get

But I agree lets move on from this nonsense

Ready... Set... Go! :suds:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you feel this OK. But I would encourage anyone here to just either block or ignore the person who causes you anger/discomfort, etc. Like you said, it's the Internet, and you've obviously enjoyed yourself here, for the most part, so don't penalize yourself over an on going spat with one poster.

But as someone just posted, why don't we all try and keep it to baseball and get away from personal attacks. It's fine to disagree and get sideways with any or all of us. But it's just our opinions about something that most of us are merely fans of, and we have no real vested interest, other than we're rabid fans of. So let's treat it as such.

But you do what you need to do.

Go Rangers!

Agreed anytime I feel like it's getting tenuous with a certain poster, then I block them for a bit and try and restrict myself from seeing what they say

Done this with a number of posters to get myself back on topic

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jpa lost his gig to a AAA catcher. He's gotta go. People swore he would be bad, but I never dreamed he would be this bad. I honestly don't know how he could be worse. It's embarrassing watching him go out there and play.

I really wish Frasor had pitched last night. Wash is going to Ogando way too often and I worry about his ability to be effective if he used so often. They were bragging about the bullpen before the game today and then oops....one guy shouldn't have to always pitch the 8th.

:agree:.....JPA shouldn't be on the team. Regardless of who's available at AAA. Bring someone up - anyone really - and let them get a feel for what it's like in the majors, if nothing else. It can't be worse than what we've got now.

And yeah we can't be bringing in Ogando in every 8th inning situation. However, all he had to make was one more pitch and he's outta the inning. Oh well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am curious as to why Frasor wasn't used myself.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious as to why Frasor wasn't used myself.

That seems to be the prevailing question this morning. However, Wash goes with the tried and proven so often. And he seems to be in the Cotts/Ogando 8th inning holding pattern for now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right-hander Scott Carroll spent parts of eight seasons and made 138 appearances in the minor leagues before getting his first shot in the majors Sunday. His debut with the Chicago White Sox, at 29 years old and two years removed from Tommy John elbow surgery, made a first impression that was much better late than never at all.

this is what the great game is all about. I love reading about guys like this. Renews my spirit.