• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey,
We missed you , your right its no ones fucking business about your personal life . I miss the DMN blogs with my buddy Richard Durrett . People were civil in there .

Go back and read the exchange and see who got uncivil. I made a joke in jest and I obviously hit a nerve because she went crazy bitch with this response. If you're going to be on a sports board with guys, you need to grow thicker skin. If you don't like it here, you don't have to log in.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said I wasn't married? Trying to act like you know shit about my personal life is laughable, that garbage was totally uncalled for.

Stay the fuck out of my personal life and quit pretending you know anything, I've shared NOTHING about my family because I prefer it that way.
I'm not talking about My Brother and Father...that's different

Beyond that, what I posted was pretty clear, others seem to understand, so it's you that needs to pay attention to what your reading.

you know what, right now, I don't have the energy for this. I'm done for now
you finally got your wish Romeo.

It was pretty obvious he was making a general comment about women's expectations and men's inability to read minds, not trying to pry into your personal life

Slightly sexist? yes, but you just painted yourself all kinds of crazy with this post

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had Smoak on the ropes, and I think the only pitch Smoak would've hit was a fastball up. Unlucky on the Ackley hit. He shouldn't have even pitched to Seager.

I agree on all points....especially on Smoak. What did he have to lose by not throwing another change-up to him?

And for heaven sakes, why-oh-why would you pitch to Seager in that situation?

Oh well. It's over and we're headed home.

Let's spank the hated A's again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty obvious he was making a general comment about women's expectations and men's inability to read minds, not trying to pry into your personal life

Slightly sexist? yes, but you just painted yourself all kinds of crazy with this post

Exactly. Pretty much par for the course for her.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on all points....especially on Smoak. What did he have to lose by not throwing another change-up to him?

And for heaven sakes, why-oh-why would you pitch to Seager in that situation?

Oh well. It's over and we're headed home.

Let's spank the hated A's again.

True. We went 4-2 on this trip and a series win over the A's will make today all better.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish vs. Gray
Perez vs. Kazmir
Ross vs. Chavez

Gray has been pretty darn good and Kazmir this year is doing his impression of Fatolo. Will take great pitching and real good offense to win this series

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read it the same way. I thought he was joking as well, but I didn't want to get in the middle of it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it the same way. I thought he was joking as well, but I didn't want to get in the middle of it.

It was clearly said in jest. But as usual, she has incredibly thin skin and shows everyone just how crazy she is.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
corey perry is my least favorite player in the world. I really fucking hate him. And the national commentators hate him too. They're absolutely roasting him right now for like the past 30 seconds

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
corey perry is my least favorite player in the world. I really fucking hate him. And the national commentators hate him too. They're absolutely roasting him right now for like the past 30 seconds

Wrong thread bud.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for Darvish/Tanaka. Whenever it might be.

Tanaka is very iwakuma like in that he relies heavily on his splitter. The key to beating him is laying off it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Ichiro you made that play look tough, the edge of the dirt means you have room. Doing your best Nelson Cruz huh?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanaka is very iwakuma like in that he relies heavily on his splitter. The key to beating him is laying off it.

That's very true, and I think hitter's will be more successful against him with time, but he looks pretty damn good. Before he signed with anyone I watched some videos of him and I liked him a lot. Not as much as I did when I watched Darvish. It was weird though because I felt like Tanaka would be successful, but wasn't sure it I would risk it. Maybe if the posting system would've stayed the same.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very true, and I think hitter's will be more successful against him with time, but he looks pretty damn good. Before he signed with anyone I watched some videos of him and I liked him a lot. Not as much as I did when I watched Darvish. It was weird though because I felt like Tanaka would be successful, but wasn't sure it I would risk it. Maybe if the posting system would've stayed the same.

He's good. Just not $155 million worth of good.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with ya. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke. But like you I didn't want to get involved in the pushing and shoving.

About a year ago she accused me of telling her to go-to-hell when I didn't, and several guys came screaming to her defense like a damsel in distress. I thought then, she was some untouchable here and frankly, it still stunts me how many guys seem to idealize her. Seriously, I was somewhat painted as the villain by a few guys for a while.

Didn't get it then, don't get it now either.

Let's take 2 of 3 from the A's and look good doing it. Whatta ya say Rangers?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no matter what his numbers are this year no one will convince me he IS worth that

He keeps pitching like he is now for the next 5 years and you'll convince yourself.

Contracts and people have a way of proving themselves out over the long haul. And you're right, one year doesn't make a long term contract worth the money. It's the bigger picture for sure which holds the value.